Am I Overtraining for Size and Strength?

Ok guys, so I’ve stopped getting any bigger and my strength has just stopped like all of a sudden…

Heres my routine.

Monday - Back&Abs

Deadlifts - 3x10,6,4
Wide Grip Pullups - Until I reach 30 reps.
T-Bar Rows - 4x10,8,6,4
One arm rows - 3x10,10,8
Close grip pullups - 2x8-12

Hanging leg raise - 3x12
Crunches - 3x25
Side bends - 3x15
The Plank - 3x30 seconds

Tuesday - Shoulders&Triceps

Standing Barbell press - 4x10,8,6,4
Upright Rows - 4x12,10,6,4
Shrugs - 3x10,8,6
Side Laterals with a slight bend - 3x12,10,8
Close Grip Bench press - 4x10,8,6,4
Barbell extensions - 3x10,8,6
Reverse grip pressdowns - 3x12,12,12

Thursday - Legs

Squats - 4x10,8,6,4
Stiff Legged deadlifts - 4x10,8,6,6
45 Degree Leg press - 3x10,8,4
Leg extensions - 3x12,12,12
Leg curls - 3x10,8,6
Standing calve raise - 3x15,15,15
Seated Calve raise - 3x15,15,15

Friday - Chest&Biceps

Flat barbell bench press - 4x10,8,6,4
Incline Barbell Press - 3x8,8,8,4
Pullovers - 3x12,10,8
Dumbell Curls - 4x12,10,8,6
One arm Preachers - 3x12,10,8
21’s - 3 sets

Help out dudes.

I was thinking about following Chris T’s routine… But would like help on this first. thanks.

Overtaining has nothing to do with your routine. Different people can burn out on all sorts of routines.

You didnt mention your diet at all. When you stopped progressing did you increase your protein intake? If not, why not?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Overtaining has nothing to do with your routine. Different people can burn out on all sorts of routines.

You didnt mention your diet at all. When you stopped progressing did you increase your protein intake? If not, why not? [/quote]

My protein is very high.

Meal 1 is - 5 eggs
meal 2 - tin of tuna
Meal 3 - 1 chicken breast
Meal 4 - Protein Shake
Meal 5 - Chicken breast
Meal 6 - Protein shake
Meal 7 - Cottage cheese…

LOLz @ very high.

Answer my question. Youre from the UK, you should be able to comprehend english.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
LOLz @ very high.

Answer my question. Youre from the UK, you should be able to comprehend english. [/quote]

Eh? What’s not high about that?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Answer my question. Youre from the UK, you should be able to comprehend english. [/quote]

Now youre just being annoying. Go away if you are ggoing to be purposely difficult.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Now youre just being annoying. Go away if you are ggoing to be purposely difficult. [/quote]

Lol what?

How am I being difficult honestly? I dont know whats not high about my diet. Nothing hard about helping a brother out surely.

I asked you if you INCREASED your protein intake when the gains stalled. Read my post.

And for christs sake eat the thighs and legs. Eat beef, fish and lamb. Are you dieting for a contest?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I asked you if you INCREASED your protein intake when the gains stalled. Read my post. [/quote]

Yes. And that’s my current diet.
What else can I say.

I can’t add much else, thats all I mentioned.

Know of a better routine possibly?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
And for christs sake eat the thighs and legs. Eat beef, fish and lamb. Are you dieting for a contest? [/quote]

Thank you. I do appreciate this mind.

[quote]JP1994 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

You didnt mention your diet at all. When you stopped progressing did you increase your protein intake? If not, why not? [/quote]

My protein is very high.

Meal 1 is - 5 eggs
meal 2 - tin of tuna
Meal 4 - Protein Shake
Meal 5 - Chicken breast
Meal 6 - Protein shake
Meal 7 - Cottage cheese… [/quote]

So, no carbs, then?

I don’t know about anyone else, but I just simply can’t gain without carbs. I don’t see how in the hell anyone can eat 4500 Cals without them, either.

If this is your entire diet then you are not getting anywhere near the amount of Calories you need.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

[quote]JP1994 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

My protein is very high.

Meal 1 is - 5 eggs
meal 2 - tin of tuna
Meal 4 - Protein Shake
Meal 5 - Chicken breast
Meal 6 - Protein shake

So, no carbs, then?

I don’t know about anyone else, but I just simply can’t gain without carbs. I don’t see how in the hell anyone can eat 4500 Cals without them, either.

If this is your entire diet then you are not getting anywhere near the amount of Calories you need. [/quote]

Give the benefit of the doubt. I asked about protein specifically.

OP. After your gains stagnated how much protein did you add to your diet. What was your protein per pound of bodyweight then and what did you increase it to?

Did you only add more protein or did you add more fat and/or carbs as well?

What is your approach for peri-workout nutrition?

[quote]JP1994 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I asked you if you INCREASED your protein intake when the gains stalled. Read my post. [/quote]

Yes. And that’s my current diet.
What else can I say.

I can’t add much else, thats all I mentioned.

Know of a better routine possibly?[/quote]

So THATS what your diet looks like AFTER you increased the protein intake?? So it isn’t so. That is not a lot of protein at all man. Bonez also asked if you are dieting for a contest. Are you? If not I don’t see any reason why you should be eating so little.

I meant to say this earlier today, but I think, OP, that Bonez was looking for an exact number. Grams of protein per bodyweight pound…

Right look all. I’m 183lbs and I’m 16 lol I posted this in the beginners for a reason.

No I’m not dieting pre contest, and Bonez has stated that he asked me for just my protein… I dont know it in exact grams I’m afraid, I’m sure it’s up in the 200g.

My carbs are as followed:

Meal 1 - 2 Pieces Wholegrain Bread and 1 Orange
Meal 2 - 2 Pieces wholegrain bread.
Meal 3 - 1 cup of spaghetti.
Meal 4 - Banana post workout.
Meal 5 - 1 cup of rice or a large jacket potato or a few sweet potatoes.
Meal 6 - 1/2 cup of oats. 1 Apple.

Thats all my carbs.

Fats:

I will have 3 tablespoons of Natty Peanut butter throughout the day and have a good source of olive oils.

Ok, then. The answer is easy. You don’t eat enough. You have maxed out the gains you can make on your current diet, and you need an upgrade.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
And for christs sake eat the thighs and legs. Eat beef, fish and lamb. [/quote]

x2 Go crazy on beef!

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
Ok, then. The answer is easy. You don’t eat enough. You have maxed out the gains you can make on your current diet, and you need an upgrade.[/quote]

He’s also 16 which means most likely he is still an idiot. That is why he doesn’t think his food intake is the problem and why he keep s asking about a routine.

I know one thing…this:

[quote]
Meal 1 is - 5 eggs
meal 2 - tin of tuna
Meal 4 - Protein Shake
Meal 5 - Chicken breast
Meal 6 - Protein shake
…is ridiculous if people now believe THIS equals “a lot of protein”.

One chicken breast has about 25gr of protein. That means unless you are eating 2 or 3 of them at a time or DIETING DOWN, you need more food than this.

When will this bullshit end as far as people thinking you get huge by NOT eating more food than anyone around you?

If you enter this with the mindset of making “a little progress”, don’t get mad when all you make is “a little” and nothing more.

[quote]JP1994 wrote:
Right look all. I’m 183lbs and I’m 16 lol I posted this in the beginners for a reason.

No I’m not dieting pre contest, and Bonez has stated that he asked me for just my protein… I dont know it in exact grams I’m afraid, I’m sure it’s up in the 200g.

My carbs are as followed:

Meal 1 - 2 Pieces Wholegrain Bread and 1 Orange
Meal 2 - 2 Pieces wholegrain bread.
Meal 3 - 1 cup of spaghetti.
Meal 4 - Banana post workout.
Meal 5 - 1 cup of rice or a large jacket potato or a few sweet potatoes.
Meal 6 - 1/2 cup of oats. 1 Apple.

Thats all my carbs.

Fats:

I will have 3 tablespoons of Natty Peanut butter throughout the day and have a good source of olive oils. [/quote]

Well you have two choices.

Start randomly adding more food to your diet (hopefully not in the form of chicken breasts) and hope that you are consistently getting 300-500 calories above maintenance

OR

Start counting your calories (until you learn to be able to accurately eyeball the amount of calories you are getting) and keep track of what your maintenance is and what you need to gain (until you get bigger, then it goes up again) and have no trouble getting 300-500 over maintenance every day because you know exactly how much you are eating.

many people use fitday.com to count calories. A food scale MAY be necessary.