Am I on the right track?

I have been trying to lower my percentage of bodyfat and I don’t know if I’m on track or not. I am trying to get under 10% without losing too much LBM and don’t know how long it might take to get there. I am 5’11" 175# @ 13%BF. I have been on a cutting cycle for 5 weeks and have lost 8 pounds. I am eating 2500 cals. a day, 100G carbs on non workout days and 100G carbs plus surge on workout days, weights 4 days a week, cardio 2 days a week for 45 min. I am taking MD6 and T2 Pro. I am kind of frustrated because I don’t appear to be getting any leaner. I have lost an inch off my waist but I think that is from low glycogen levels and water. I have read on some of the forums where people drop bodyfat 3 or 4 % in 8 weeks. Are my frustrations valid or am I just naive about how fast you can get lean?

MIke, what kind of weightlifting routine do you follow? 5x5, Meltdown, etc? Have you read the threads on HIIT cardio? These articles and threads should provide you with ample info on cutting up. Also, what kind of nutrition profile are you following. It sounds like a T-Dawg based on your carb intake. Keep in mind people vary greatly. What works for me might not work to well for you. It’s kind of a trial and error thing. Look up these articles and posts and use what you find.

JoeM

As long as you lose at least 1 pound a week you are doing good. To get better results I would change a couple of things though. Lower your calories more. I would go down to 2,000 for the next 2 weeks then drop to about 1,800 for 1-2 more weeks after that. As far as cardio, you can do less and still get the results. Try 20-30 minutes of HIIT. The guerilla cardio program is good. Sprinting is the best way to shed fat, plus it brings balance to your physique, especially in the legs. Look up the Ripped, Rugged, and Dense article in the prev. issues. It has a good 5x5 plan. It just depends on you goals. I personally use 5x5 on a three day split, with cardio in between the lifting days, and on leg days. And remember, cycle off your cutting phase. I call it a maintenance check. 4 weeks of slowly bringing up your your cals to maintenance. That way you don’t gain all that weight back. Your maintenance is probably around 3000. Just raise your cals about 250 a week for four weeks and you will be good. Good Luck.

Beside the mirror, tape measure, and scale, what do you use to check your bodyfat %.

I have a set of Accumeasure calipers but I’m not sure if I’m using them correctly. My ab is showing 12MM. I’m not sure how much skin I should grab and I can’t get my wife help me with the 7 sites because she isn’t sure how to do it.

Here’s 2 articles for you and your wife:

www.Testosterone.net/articles/208body.html

www.Testosterone.net/articles/209body.html