T Nation

Am I On Drugs?

This just made me feel kinda good but sorta taken back too. My wife asks me yesterday if I had been taking drugs or something because of my weight loss. I was flattered but sort of perplexed at the question at the same time.

We were looking back at pictures of me from June of this year and I was bigger (not huge) than either of us remembered. Then my wife and mom and everyone started asking me what I’d been doing to lose “all this weight”. I’ve lost about 25 lbs. From 215 (220 at my heaviest) to 190 (185 at the lowest). I can’t say that when I look in the mirror that I can tell a drastic change but I guess I look at myself in the mirror everyday.

I basically lost the weight by doing a combination of things. I first started cycling my carbs. Heavy on the protein but cycling Low GI/GL and High GI/GL carbs. Lost a good amount doing this and that’s when people started talking.

Then I did a round of the V-diet but didn’t really complete it 100% due to the Thanksgiving holidays. Spare me the flaming about not sticking to it through the Holidays. I haven’t gained any weight back and people say they’ve noticed a change even in the last several weeks since being off the v-diet and reducing my cardio. Weird but SWeeT!

Anyway, my next goal is to be in the best shape of my life by my 30th birthday in April. I’m at 190 lbs. right now and I want to be at 170 to 175 lbs. and lean by April.

Here we go!

I hope you explained to them that it wasn’t drugs but hard work and discipline at the dinner table!

…and of course that if anyone else wanted to lose several pounds of BF, you’d be willing to tell them exactly how to do it!

It is good to hear that you are building more than just table muscle. . . good job! It is often hard to notice slow transitions in our own appearance. Keep up the hard work, and you will surely meet your goal.

[quote]TShaw wrote:
I hope you explained to them that it wasn’t drugs but hard work and discipline at the dinner table!

…and of course that if anyone else wanted to lose several pounds of BF, you’d be willing to tell them exactly how to do it![/quote]

That’s exactly what I did.

[quote]TShaw wrote:
…and of course that if anyone else wanted to lose several pounds of BF, you’d be willing to tell them exactly how to do it![/quote]

At which point they’d yes you to death and then promptly disregard everything you said, if they’re like most people.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
TShaw wrote:
…and of course that if anyone else wanted to lose several pounds of BF, you’d be willing to tell them exactly how to do it!

At which point they’d yes you to death and then promptly disregard everything you said, if they’re like most people.[/quote]

Right… I’ve told them all before and even provided them with written out instructions on how to eat and such but I’ve yet to see them put it into action.

Psshhh… it was all the HOT-ROX.

Ha, kidding. Awesome job, man.

Any progress pictures?