Am I Neurotype 2b?

Yes,but a type 2 Asperger would still read non verbal cues. Me and my friend are both Asperger and type 2 and we are good at reading people and have amazing memory for facts. Despite being great at reading people, I dont have empathy but I can fake it to look like a good guy and be liked

I love this thread. Sorry I have nothing [useful] to contribute but talking about these things cannot be bad.

We don’t see many type 2 Asperger. But it might very well be because being a type 2 can make it harder to know that someone is Asperger (thus less likely to be diagnosed) because they don’t have all the stereotypical traits

Yes I looked at that workouts and I honestly liked the one for type 2A even though I think it is a little too much variation for me in the big lifts. I’m ALWAYS looking at CT articles, it is a great source of knowledge.
I have learned a lot about me this past year thanks to the neurotype series, everything makes sense, so I’m now planning my workouts more understanding myself rather than looking at the program and thinking that is cool, heavy lifting and I must try it!
In fact, I like to do big lifts several times a week. I have squatted 3 times a week and really enjoyed it (even though some days I was like “oh no squats again” hahaha).
In fact, I once ran https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/best-way-to-keep-getting-stronger and I had good results. Maybe the non high % helped me to not have a huge fatigue, and I enojyed doing big lifts frequently. Only thing was I missed deadlifting lol. I think I did well with the pauses and eccentrics in fact.

I would do that program in the summer now (as I’m coming back to South America with vacations so plenty of time to lift) but I’m looking more into a long term plan, to prevent from start overdoing and progress more. When I change programs too frequently I start overdoing and I progress a lot less.
That’s why I’m into 5/3/1 now. It allows me enough change flexibility in assistance movements.

All of this is a good theory. Did you look at my answer of physical contact? I guess it was too long of an answer lol.
Anyway, thanks for the videos in your web page, they are like gold!
I think nutritional guidelines are pretty good, and I think that very accurate (40/30/30 or 35/35/30 or so diet works great in me!!)
You think it is possible to customize a program to get a lot of barbell lifts and some more 2B work? (As I’m trying with the 5/3/1 as an example)
Thanks again

Of course, 531 allows you plenty of freedom with the assistance work

That’s impressive, but considering your expertise in bodybuilding, I’ll venture it as domain-specific ability. Not many people can pull that off.

Doesn’t have much to do with boybuilding … a lot more about binging out skills

2 Likes

I thought I was a 3 because of: high anxiety/stress in general, but also especially before a heavy lift, whereas high volume and repetitive programs seem the most exciting to me (GVT, Super Squats, Smolov), need for strict planning which was not instilled in me but rather I came into it on my own and finally feel good - for years I’ve been stressed by random events/unstructured days, and general introversion/shyness.

However, based on this thread, I have perhaps some 2B tendencies - one is I have a truly awful relationship with food. At Thanksgiving this year, one of my friends was in awe at the size of my 3rd plate (bigger than her only plate) and I could have eaten more if it wouldn’t have been embarrassing to do so! I’m pretty overweight still, I absolutely have to measure and control my portions to curb this. If I go to a Thai restaurant for example, I will take about 1/2 cup of the rice they give me and force someone else to take the bowl away from me and say they’ll eat it.

Another is general low self esteem, and constant need for validation. At the same time, I am pretty unassuming. Instead of the guy in a class who tries to answer every question and is sort of wrong, I’m the guy in the back that knows every answer but will never raise his hand. I’ve been like this even since I was a child. In group work instead of saying “This is the answer and how we will do it” I will say, “I think it’s something like…” I do kind of sneak my accolades into conversation, though, probably to impress people which you say is a Type 2 characteristic. I’ll casually mention being able to speak Chinese or having had a paper published.

In groups, I love to be the center of attention and am a great storyteller. Unless there are new people present, at which point I shut down to the point that most people think I hate them on first meeting.

So I dunno. Maybe 2B also?

As I mentioned in a previous thread, and I will make a new thread about it. I don’t want the forum to turn into a neurotype evaluation forum. First because it’s a service I offer and it wouldn’t be fair to my paying clients but also because to properly assess someone I talk to them, Writing can give me a good idea but I’m more comfortable when I can talk with someone.

But yeah, from what I read, seems like 2B.

I actually saw your post right after writing this, which I totally respect. Thank you for the reply in any case.

If you don’t mind coach, what is your wife supplementing with for her low gaba? I think I fall into that category and would benefit from taking a supplement myself.

@hungry_dogs_run_faster start your own thread.