Am I Missing Something?

never be afraid to ask questions man.

Basically they just get more difficult in terms of overall volume, with some of the more difficult programs having some higher intensity, I haven’t seen any that go heavier than 90% for singles. But when you get to those singles, they feel much much heavier.

The magic of sheiko is that it’s periodized to a T, it’s years and years of Boris Sheiko’s experience put into a program. He’s the Louie Simmons of Russsia, but I think he’s probably coached more lifters.

They just made it a science, they looked at years and years of data, and took the most effective rep ranges and total volume, and put it into a training program.

Hope that helps

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

Basically they just get more difficult in terms of overall volume, with some of the more difficult programs having some higher intensity, I haven’t seen any that go heavier than 90% for singles. But when you get to those singles, they feel much much heavier.

The magic of sheiko is that it’s periodized to a T, it’s years and years of Boris Sheiko’s experience put into a program. He’s the Louie Simmons of Russsia, but I think he’s probably coached more lifters.

They just made it a science, they looked at years and years of data, and took the most effective rep ranges and total volume, and put it into a training program.

Hope that helps[/quote]

How long is a single sheiko 29 workout typically and what if anything would you change if you do a lot of lifting pallets and heavy boxes at work?

I remember when I was your age. Actually, it wasn’t too long ago that I was 16; I’m 18 now. I started lifting when I was 14. It took me about 3 years to figure out what the fuck I was doing. Hell, it took me almost 4 to learn how to squat properly. Powerlifting is a lifelong sport. I used to be you - asking questions that had a billion different vague answers to. I learned to shut up and listen to those who were stronger than me, and what do you know? I got strong(er). You might get to be as strong as some of the guys you mentioned, or you may not even come close, but the point would be that you at least gave it a shot. There are some guys out there who have been training for 20 years and are still figuring themselves out. Your body is a constantly changing microcosm of a clusterfuck that will fuck you in the ass any time you decide to slack off. Don’t rush yourself. Learn to lift properly, learn to eat, learn to supplement, and learn how to rest.

/rant

CS

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

Hope that helps[/quote]

How long is a single sheiko 29 workout typically and what if anything would you change if you do a lot of lifting pallets and heavy boxes at work?[/quote]

I personally split the 3 day program into 6 days by going
monday squat
tuesday bench
wed - deads
thurs - bench
fri squat
sat bench

My workouts take about 1.5-2 hrs, and I do a bit more assistance than prescribed, mostly just to correct my posture.

The 3 day program usually last 1.5-2.5 hrs, depending on how fast you can go.

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
I remember when I was your age. Actually, it wasn’t too long ago that I was 16; I’m 18 now. I started lifting when I was 14. It took me about 3 years to figure out what the fuck I was doing. Hell, it took me almost 4 to learn how to squat properly. Powerlifting is a lifelong sport. I used to be you - asking questions that had a billion different vague answers to. I learned to shut up and listen to those who were stronger than me, and what do you know? I got strong(er). You might get to be as strong as some of the guys you mentioned, or you may not even come close, but the point would be that you at least gave it a shot. There are some guys out there who have been training for 20 years and are still figuring themselves out. Your body is a constantly changing microcosm of a clusterfuck that will fuck you in the ass any time you decide to slack off. Don’t rush yourself. Learn to lift properly, learn to eat, learn to supplement, and learn how to rest.

/rant

CS[/quote]

good post man

http://www.google.com/search?q=sheicko+xcel+sheet&oq=sheicko+xcel+sheet&sugexp=chrome,mod=1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&tbo=d&spell=1&q=sheiko+excel+sheet&sa=X&ei=NkjEUMDpH9DK0AHfjYGoBg&ved=0CC0QvwUoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=5b37f7f1f7aeac25&bpcl=39650382&biw=1229&bih=683

First link

3rd post down

That’ll help you out.

Forgot to ask something. I’m starting sheiko tomorrow but when I’m done the 4 week cycle, do you start over or do a basic workout like bench/dead/squat once a week with assistance work for a little bit then go again?

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
Forgot to ask something. I’m starting sheiko tomorrow but when I’m done the 4 week cycle, do you start over or do a basic workout like bench/dead/squat once a week with assistance work for a little bit then go again?[/quote]

go to sheiko #37 after that, raise your squat max 15lbs, and deadlift 15lbs, and bench 10 , if you’re missing reps in 29 though, don’t move the weights up.

good question bud

Also, man, do this warm up daily, and especially before you squat. Should go a long long way to helping out your sciatica, as I feel it’s caused by tight hips

As well, why don’t you get a video of your squat and pull frm the side, and your bench, and we’ll see what we can do to let you know what you’re doing well, and what you can improve on

Hey Mike,

This is a blatant “Check me out!” but I’m going to do it anyway. I’ve been training Sheiko for almost a half a year or more now, so come over to my log if you want to see it in action. There aren’t that many other training logs with Sheiko around. Nick Israel has one, but not sure if he’s still updating or not.

Larry, when are you going to start a log, or did I just miss it so far?

I used to have a blog, but abandoned it as I didn’t like everything I put in there.

I have a new blog right now, just haven’t gotten around to opening it up to the public…

I’ll get around to it, but yeah, I log all my training

yo larry, another question about sheiko again. why such low weight for most of it? I’m setting mine up for tomorrow ( hype as hell ) but my sets for the first of 2 bench sessions are 1x5 with 145, 2x4 with 175, 2x3 with 205, and 5x3 with 215 and my max is 290. Doesn’t seem much of a challenge or straining at all. Is it supposed to be that low?

yes it is, keep in mind you’re benching 3 times a week, and also keep in mind this is practice.

I have a 375 max and I’m handling 295, and it hasn’t been an easy month at all… but I’ve learned a ton about my form this month too.

Please try to get videos so I can really help you.

Also, 290 bench at 16? that’s effing awesome man, lets go for 350

Alright just making sure I got it right. Since I haven’t squatted (with weight) in about 2 months I’m not sure what weight to use. Before sciatica really started messing with my squat I would say my max was about 350/360 and I definitely need work on that. Since it’s going to be my first time back with weight tomorrow you think I should go kind of light to see how it all feels? And yea I’ll try and get some videos up

Start with just the bar and add 25-50lbs at a time. Dont be in rush and try to be anal with your form. Make it perfect every time. Dont get in a rush to get re-injured again.

Def get Larry video so he can make sure your form is not thee or at least a contributing factor in your sciatic damage.

Alright just making sure I got it right. Since I haven’t squatted (with weight) in about 2 months I’m not sure what weight to use. Before sciatica really started messing with my squat I would say my max was about 350/360 and I definitely need work on that. Since it’s going to be my first time back with weight tomorrow you think I should go kind of light to see how it all feels? And yea I’ll try and get some videos up[/quote]

use 315 as a max, do the month with that, and if it’s really easy go up to 345. Add 20lbs the first month, then I’d probably go up 10ish lbs a month after that.

Don’t get frustrated, 10 lbs a month equals 120 lbs in a year, and that’s a huge huge gain.

Focus on perfect reps.

And get those videos asap, preferably right from your first routine.

sorry my friend took my camera to a trip to Italy and he won’t be back for a while. But I just got home from the first day…damn haha that was serious I’m gonna be so sore. But for the squats I did 245 for 5x5 to get back into it. Since I usually make my own workouts, this will get my dead/bench/and squat maxes up? It’s basically 5/3/1 or Westside just with more reps/sets? My main focus is getting my numbers like through the roof the best way possible. This kinda seems like something to get me more reps not more weight. just making sure since I never heard of this program

hey man, tonite I did 5x5with 345 and I’m a 525 squatter… you said yourself it was some serious work.

Give it a month, and if you don’t have trust in the program I’ll put you on something different that’s more of a peak to get your numbers up… But honestly, i’d do this for a few months, then do that peak… then do it all over again.

Trust me

Got ya, must be nice to have a 525 squat haha but I’m gonna keep doing this one then max out once it’s done because I haven’t had a max on the 3 main lifts since June then take it all from there

Got ya, must be nice to have a 525 squat haha but I’m gonna keep doing this one then max out once it’s done because I haven’t had a max on the 3 main lifts since June then take it all from there[/quote]

I would be nicer to have a 600 squat, that’s what I’m gunning for.

Are you planning to max at the end of the month? If you want to max really bad, let me give you a peaking program to use, it’s hard to go from one of these programs to a max right away.

I still want to see your form though.