Am I Going About This The Right Way

It’s summer time and I’ve been on an eternal bulk all my life. I’m 218 pounds and about 15% bodyfat. i wanted to lose a few pounds and lean up a bit for the beach. nothing serious just some extra fat that i’ve been holding onto for my entire life.

last week i decided to cut all junk food out of my diet as well as most of the breads and pastas i was eating. i’ve been eating mostly protein and fats with carbs from fruits vagetables and whole wheat wraps.

i’m not concetrating on the scale measurements just progress in the mirrior. i’m already feeling leaner after 5 days and the veins that were present in my biceps and forearms are much more pronounced.

is cutting carbs and junk food the best way to lose a few pounds quickly without affecting muscle lose.

i sound like a complete newb, but when it comes to diet i am, training is a different story.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that approach. It’s a good starting point for anyone that’s trying to lean out.

How long are you planning on dieting? I really wouldn’t worry about the muscle loss unless you were severely undereating or were planning on staying on the diet for a while.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that approach. It’s a good starting point for anyone that’s trying to lean out.

How long are you planning on dieting? I really wouldn’t worry about the muscle loss unless you were severely undereating or were planning on staying on the diet for a while.[/quote]

thanks

I’d say for about 4 weeks maybe a few more. I’m only trying to lean out just a bit like I said.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

How long are you planning on dieting? I really wouldn’t worry about the muscle loss unless you were severely undereating or were planning on staying on the diet for a while.

thanks

I’d say for about 4 weeks maybe a few more. I’m only trying to lean out just a bit like I said. [/quote]

Also, if you’re only trying to clean out a little bit, you really don’t even need to cut cals that much. I like Berardi’s “Don’t Diet” approach when I’m not in any rush to lean out.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:

Also, if you’re only trying to clean out a little bit, you really don’t even need to cut cals that much. I like Berardi’s “Don’t Diet” approach when I’m not in any rush to lean out.[/quote]

I was just going to recommend that! Its about .85 times Massive eating. I’d keep on doing what you’re doing. Keep the carbs around breakfast and/or training. You seem to be doing it right.

Cutting junk food should be a no brainer. You’ll reduce your sugar intake which should improve your insulin levels for the better= more fat loss.

Also, by cutting back on carbs/junk you most likely are reducing your caloric intake without realizing it, which will result in weight loss.

I would do pretty much what you’re doing.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
I would do pretty much what you’re doing.[/quote]

Fell alittle off track as i felt like I was starving myself taking in only 2500 cals a day, I’m bumped up to about 3500 a day still removing most of the junk though.