Am I Evil ?

i agree with the whole dependancy issues, if you HAVE TO BE FUCKED UP JUST TO LIVE THEN THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOU. for the rest of the people lsd can be a great tool to show just what this world is capable of. no jumping bass, or snowy deer tracks, or new born baby(maybe the baby part) can show you what lsd can. it definatley opens the door for a quantum physics type reality and it’s possibilites.

maybe 200 hits of lsd wasnt a big deal back in the 70’s, and i dont really want to research that era so i’ll take your word for it. all i know is that i have never met a person who has done 200 hits of lsd. i dont like those times because of the way America treated it’s troops, every time i hear about the 70’s i immedietly think about god damn hippies spitting on soldiers from vietnam and it makes my blood boil. i would have stomped me a hippie or two if i was alive then. WAYYYYY OFF TOPIC THERE, sorry.

Mazilla, by all means, rant.

[quote]mazilla wrote:
for the rest of the people lsd can be a great tool to show just what this world is capable of. no jumping bass, or snowy deer tracks, or new born baby(maybe the baby part) can show you what lsd can. it definatley opens the door for a quantum physics type reality and it’s possibilites.

[/quote]

I’m with you on the spitting on soldiers thing.

However…

The REALITY of what this world has to offer should be enough. What you “see” when tripping 'aint REAL. Am I wrong? It’s called hallucinating for a reason right?

Hallucination; 1. a sensory experience of something that does not exist outside the mind, caused by various physical and mental disorders, or by reaction to certain toxic substances, and usually manifested as visual or auditory images.

LSD is what your mind on LSD is capable of. It’s not real. The outside world is real. What you experience on drugs just isn’t.

Anyway, quantum physics is just the physics of the incredibly small. While Newtonian physics can suitably describe the orbit of the planets or the energy transformations during a game of pool, quantum physics describes how electrons surround the nucleus of the atom and other subatomic actions.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
harris447 wrote:
But, Zap: the things that are legal are heavily regulated and guarded.

Drug dealers don’t card.

I have nothing whatsoever in the way of science or studies to back this up, but when I was a freshman in college, it was waaaaaaaaaaaay easier to get pot than it was get booze.

Drinking age was 19 when I was a freshman. It was incredibly easy to get alcohol. You didn’t even think about it.

[/quote]

Well, you are a litle bit older than me. :slight_smile:

When I was a freshman in Boston (where they card fairly stringently). if you wanted alcohol you had to:

-get money together
-find a 21-year-old
-go down to the liquor store in the freezing weather
-buy him a sixer or two for his trouble
-smuggle the booze back in the dorm
-drink it
-dispose of the empties without getting caught.

If you wanted pot, you had to go…down the hall. You didn’t even need pants, because the guy we used to buy weed from damn sure wasn’t wearing any.

Hell, you didn’t even ned money half the time. Try getting the guy at the liquor store to “front” you. Or let you hang around the store getting fucked up for free while playing Nintendo.

Now, if pot were legal: you’d eliminate all the black market instantly.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Ashes wrote:
I’d say that alcohol causes such massive problems in society that the damage caused by E’s and Acid almost pales into insignificance (although obviousley they can truly devastating on a personal scale). And if you want to channel your worries into something useful then why dont you get involved in a drug awareness or rehabilitation programme rather than wish a terrible trauma on someone?

Seems like odd logic to me. Take a chill pill mate : )

Perhaps because the usage is kept down by being illegal.

If these drugs were as available as alcohol would the cause more or less harm than alcohol?

But, Zap: the things that are legal are heavily regulated and guarded.

Drug dealers don’t card.

I have nothing whatsoever in the way of science or studies to back this up, but when I was a freshman in college, it was waaaaaaaaaaaay easier to get pot than it was get booze.

[/quote]

There is about a 2 in 3 chance (67%) That a bar or a liqour store will sell you alcohol if you are underage.

Booze is easy to get. And I know what I am talking about. I do this for a living.

[quote]harris447 wrote:

Now, if pot were legal: you’d eliminate all the black market instantly.[/quote]

Which would cripple the DEA and other depts and cause their drastic downsizing. They will fight till death to keep that money machine going.

But you are absolutely true. If people were able to produce their own, or buy from a retailer, the black market for marijuana would wither rapidly.

[quote]t3h_Squirr3l wrote:
I see these guys in raves and clubs who’re out for nothing more than to take advantage of girls who’re rolling.
[/quote]

Welcome not just to any rave, but to every high school party, college party, 90% of bars, clubs, etc…that’s what guys do- they troll for women.

Get over it.

What’s the appeal?
[/quote]

It’s one of those things you have to try for yourself to really “get.”

From what I do remember I basically became the metaphorical Mr.Hyde to my normal Dr. Jekyl.
[/quote]

So you turn from your “normal” Jekyll (wishing rape, arrests, and terror upon those who bug you…unless you were wasted when you posted?) into who, exactly? Charles Manson?

Not everyone who gets high tries nude parachuting onto freeways using a trashcan, dude.

This thread is pretty lame. I’ve rolled a few times, tripped a few times (all as a college freshman), and am no worse for the wear. I don’t do that anymore, though I still drink and party.

Do it if you want, but my question is this: how many people who are high, rollin’ or trippin’ run around spewing sinister thoughts like yours about not only strangers, but their friends, as well?

Being on drugs makes me want to lay on my bed listening to good music. You, SOBER, run around wishing thoughts that would make Ghenghis Kahn blush.

Get over it.

Agree with the above poster.

I once couldn’t “get” people who do drugs.

That was when I was a god damn freshman in high school.

If you can’t “get” why people would do ecstacy, then have a friend find you a good roll and try it. I’m sure as fuck you’ll “get” it then.

I too have seen a lot of my friends go off the deep end cuz of drugs, with myself almost included. Why don’t you get pissy about alcohol? It’s done thousands of times more damage.

Not that I’m defending rampant drug use or simply can’t tolerate alcohol, that’s just stupid. Moderation (usually in the form of infrequent dosing) is the key to successful, rewarding drug use. Some people simply can’t learn that.

[quote]derek wrote:
The REALITY of what this world has to offer should be enough. What you “see” when tripping 'aint REAL. Am I wrong? It’s called hallucinating for a reason right?
[/quote]

Come on man, you are making me puke.

Oh, the beauty of the world and all that shit. I’ve seen so many things hyped up, how great they are, that I’ve felt let down when I actually experienced them for myself.

You know, I do appreciate a rainy day, the smell of leaves, a snowfall, or whatever, but it is still just plain ordinary life. It’s hard to hold it in mystical regard when you see it and do it every day. If it works for you, then wonderful, but people are different.

Again, do I appreciate all that, sure.

Drugs of various types have been a part of most human cultures since the dawn of time. While I am all for responsibility and safety I don’t think it’s reasonable to make blanket statements about drugs and how bad they are either (though for sure I’m against addictive substances and substance abuse, as opposed to use, in general).

Life is about making choices and learning from your mistakes… booze and drugs are often a part of that. Again though, I have to stress that youth are severely repressed and drugs are a way to have an excuse for behaving outside of the allowed norm… to feel uninhibited and totally free to do or say whatever.

I pose a question to the anti-drug crowd.

Specifically when people question why drug users use and safety isn’t even an issue…

Have you ever wacked off? Have you ever eaten more than you should or too much of the wrong things? Do you enjoy a nice hot shower?

These things have absolutely no practical purpose, but they feel good. Damn good. While I don’t do drugs, I understand why people do. It is an easily obtainable source of pleasure.

(This does contain some sweeping generalities in assuming a person can way the risks of drugs to their health/safety.)

[quote]Taquito wrote:
These things have absolutely no practical purpose, but they feel good. Damn good. While I don’t do drugs, I understand why people do. It is an easily obtainable source of pleasure.

[/quote]

This is the sole reason people do anything that isn’t a requirement of them (read job). However, being on the anti-drug wagon makes a person seem smarter and more accepted in society, even though they may have absolutely no knowledge of the drugs they protest.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
However, being on the anti-drug wagon makes a person seem smarter and more accepted in society, even though they may have absolutely no knowledge of the drugs they protest.[/quote]

booyakashaa!!!

Well, I guess I’m in the minority here that feels life is cool enough without drugs. And I also feel that if reality (the world as it is without drugs) just doesn’t “do it for ya’” you’re to be pittied.

On the subject of “using”… If all the crazy stunts people pulled when drunk or high were done sober, it’d be a lot more funny/crazy/cool.

Example; a friend changes vehicles from the passenger seat to the back of a pick-up truck while on the freeway at 65-70 mph. He’s shitfaced so the fear is gone. The inhibitions are gone. He brags incessantly about it to all our friends for weeks.

To him I say “Big f-ing deal. Now let’s see if you have the balls to do it sober!”.

Answer; “No way in Hell!”

That’s just my take on the issue.

[quote]Taquito wrote:
I pose a question to the anti-drug crowd.

Specifically when people question why drug users use and safety isn’t even an issue…

Have you ever wacked off? Have you ever eaten more than you should or too much of the wrong things? Do you enjoy a nice hot shower?

(This does contain some sweeping generalities in assuming a person can way the risks of drugs to their health/safety.)[/quote]

I’ve done all of those things. What they have in common with chemically altering your perception of reality is beyond me.

And yes, mind-altering substances have been around since dirt was invented. Does the longevity of a substance somehow prove it’s worth? If so, you’ve a lot of ‘splainin’ to do!

An answer from the anti-drug group in regards to do you whack off et al: Yes. I know it serves no real purpose but it doesn’t pose a much bigger-than-normal change of getting me killed. Besides, I don’t act like a moron when whacking off.

And to those who say: well anything could get you killed, ok, this is true. But I want you to, like Derek said, pull the shit you do while high. You wouldn’t do it. As I said before, I don’t believe the person who is tripping out it actually themselves at that point.

If you don’t want to be yourself and
experience things with full knowledge of what you’re doing, I believe that it’s time you started re-evaluating your life. Honestly, think about it and don’t just come back with some knee-jerk reaction.

The pro-drug crowd keeps saying ‘Well you need to try it’. No thanks, I’ve seen enough people acting like total asses and ruining friendships, families and their own lives. Maybe I could handle it. Lord knows I can drink a few, but I don’t want to find out.

To address my initial remarks: you know what, I hope they DON’T get raped. It was just a moment where I was pissed off when I posted that. I am basically watching another friend act inmaturely and continue to bum around at home and avoid college so they can keep rolling on e and raving. That pisses me off so much.

The honest to God truth is, I don’t like to spend every weekend hammered or partying. So the above comment wasn’t really out of jealousy so much as one would think. Although, I admit some days when I work I wish I could do that.

Mainly, it just seems that people want to run away and escape. What is that all about ? Why run and hide from life ? We’ve all gone through adversity before in some way or another. Some of us choose to deal with it and move on and some refuse to.

Dealing with some things in life is not easy at all. I feel for the kid who doesn’t have a mom or a dad or the kid who was beaten or that child who had no friends growing up. I do. But have some courage and face-up. You can’t spend your life running away because if you do, what’s the point.

I don’t take back what I say when I hope they have something that scares the shit outta them before they end up in a bad situation. If that means getting arrested or what-have-you, then that’s what it has to be.

I am curious. Why do you say to stay away from mirrors while on LSD?

(sorry. never tried drugs, and don’t care to, but I am curious.)

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:

(sorry. never tried drugs, and don’t care to, but I am curious.)[/quote]

Because you don’t really want to look yourelf in the eye while tripping. It leads down this uber-narcisistic me-trip.

Plus, the way your eye interprets things on acid is diferent than how things actually look. It’s cool to watch the walls breathe; not so much to watch your face melt.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

Because you don’t really want to look yourelf in the eye while tripping. It leads down this uber-narcisistic me-trip.

Plus, the way your eye interprets things on acid is diferent than how things actually look. It’s cool to watch the walls breathe; not so much to watch your face melt.[/quote]

Light refracts differently in your eye, and motion is detected when there is none. It’s prismatic.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

Plus, the way your eye interprets things on acid is diferent than how things actually look. It’s cool to watch the walls breathe; not so much to watch your face melt.[/quote]

exactly, i once sat for about an hour in front of the mirror watching my self get old and young again. like to the last detail old, all the wrinkles and everything. in fact the floor of the bathroom is where i saw all the skulls flying around by my feet. one of the funniest memories i have is watching one of my friends do the backstroke across the tile floor at the bottom of the stairs. saying “i’m swimming”. i was upstairs looking down

Besides, I don’t act like a moron when whacking off.
[/quote]

Dude, you maniacally rub your penis while staring, unblinking, at millions of pixels on a computer screen, periodically swiveling your head 180 degrees just to make sure Mother Dearest doesn’t walk into the computer room to see how your “homework” is going (other hand on the alt+tab keys, of course)…you shoot your load into the sock you were wearing on your foot no more than 30 seconds before because you realized you forgot tissues and you don’t wanna run around the house with your pants around you ankels and a fully pitched tent, so now it’s 3 in the afternoon, you’re down a pair of socks AND 10 minutes of your life, paranoia sets in that you didn’t properly erase all the files on your computer (did I accidentally click ‘yes’ to set XXX to my homepage?!? oh, god…) so you start sweating bullets and hyperventilating when your mom or dad hops online…

There’s really nothing glorious about masturbation, my friend.

But I want you to, like Derek said, pull the shit you do while high. You wouldn’t do it.
[/quote]

"I smoked weed, and nobody died. I didn’t get into a car accident, I didn’t OD on heroine the next day. Nothing happened. We sat on Pete’s couch for eleven hours. You know what’s gonna happen on Pete’s couch? Nothing. You have a better shot at dying out there in the real world: driving hard to the rim, going ice skating with a girl. Nah, if you wanna stay alive, you go over to Pete’s and sit on his couch 'til you’re 86, safest thing in the world…me, I’ll take my chances in the real world.

Call me reckless."

-An Above the Influence commercial about a kid who got “high”. Granted, it’s not as glamorous as you’d think, and it certainly doesn’t make for good news, but at the time it always seems like a great ieda.

The laughable fact is, you are pretty much the “Above the Influence” committee’s sloppy wet dream (maybe you can give them your other sock). Not only do you NOT like drugs, but you harbor creepy, disturbing thoughts about those who DO.

And, for the love of God, don’t bust out the “drug users just wanna escape” mentality…I didn’t do it to ESCAPE, I did it because IT WAS FUN.

Great councelling, by the way. Nothing like a 19 year old Jack the Ripper (oh, wait, you’ll be 20 soon, my bad…) spouting off random self-help cliches to put things into perspective for an abused kid. “Well, Timmy, I know that Daddy used to smack you around with his belt every night then rape your Mom in front of you, but don’t fret, 'cause I’ve found you a new Daddy: you can call him the Lion, and together, the two of you can have some Father-Son bonding while trying to find a pair of ba…um, some courage.”

It’s the same deal as with the drugs…if you’ve never been abused before, or have been educated to deal with people who have, you have NO IDEA what it’s like (find me ONE shrink who tells his abused patients to “just grow up”), so don’t go Dr. Phil on our asses and make it seem so easy to get over.

I’ll stop now; I don’t want to turn this into a chapter book. But, God…way to make an argument. I’m just torn over what to do: side with Freddy Kreuger or watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force and eat macaroni from a big green bowl for a few hours.

Decisions, decisions…