Am I Eating Enough?

if a more experienced person could tell me if they reckon im eating enough, i would be gratefull. for me, it seems quite a lot and im consistently eating throughout the day, always the same food…

breakfast 8am

big bowl of wholegrain cereal with half pint of s/s milk

9.30am

piece of cake ( i know i know but its my only vice)

10.30am

1 hard boiled egg and a cheese toastie

12.30pm

100g of pasta witha tin of tuna, cucumber and low fat mayo,
yoghurt

2.30pm
hard boiled egg and a cereal bar

4.45pm
(start gym at 5) heaped teaspoon of creatine in water

7pm (after gym)
scoop and a half of whey protein with 150ml of milk, an apple

7.45pm
dinner (always contains either fish, chicken or pork with boiled potatoes/rice/veg/pasta depending on what day it is)

9pm
occasionally will be hungry again, if so will go get a meat filled sub from subway

10pm bed…

also, i drink mainly water throughout the day, i would sayabout 1.5 to 2 litres, with a fruit juice with my lunch and dinner.

looks enough if you have the right measures. just measure them and tell us the protein/carbs/fat and calories

How much do you WEIGH? Duh. And what is your goal? Gain/Lose?

Nobody’s gonna even try to calculate the fats, carbs and proteins coming from that diet for you. Calculate it yourself, (and answer the above questions), and people will be able to answer you.

[quote]harper2704 wrote:
if a more experienced person could tell me if they reckon im eating enough, i would be gratefull. for me, it seems quite a lot and im consistently eating throughout the day, always the same food…

breakfast 8am

9.30am

10.30am

12.30pm

yoghurt

2.30pm

4.45pm

7pm (after gym)

7.45pm
dinner (always contains either fish, chicken or pork with boiled potatoes/rice/veg/pasta depending on what day it is)

9pm
occasionally will be hungry again, if so will go get a meat filled sub from subway

10pm bed…

also, i drink mainly water throughout the day, i would sayabout 1.5 to 2 litres, with a fruit juice with my lunch and dinner.[/quote]

I’ll just try to be nice before the diet nazis come to shove your head up your ass.
To be blunt, your diet sucks.

Not enough protein, way too much crap, no knowledge of food timing. Between 8 and 10, you are basically robbing yourself of protein, while piling on more carbs that you already got from breakfast. Then you chase this high insulin environment with a cheese toastie, whatever the fuck that is, which is probably loaded with saturates and one measly hard boiled egg.

More carbs at lunch (you have plenty in your system at this time as is) with crappy low fat mayo, which has probably been more genetically altered than Joan River’s face. Again, more yogurt, which i’d guess is the high sugar crap on the store shelves doesn’t help,

A hard boiled egg and a cereal bar hardly qualifies as a meal, and creatine in water (btw mix your creatine in warm stuff) is terrible pre-workout nutrition (which in some studies has shown to be more powerful of a muscle building factor than post). Instead, try mixing some malto/dextrose (sugars) with whey, before and after your workout for quick energy. After your workout skip the milk and apple, just stick whey with quick sugars-- don’t slow digestion. You can have the apple and SKIM milk an hour after your shake, along with a fairly huge meal with protein and cabs (the potatoes, pasta, cereal, whatever are all fair game).

After that you’re done for the day, no fucking meat hoagies. Stick with high protein shit like meat and eggs, cottage cheese-- no bread. You’re going to bed in a few hours right? Not exactly going to be running a marathon.

An hour before bed, have like 2-3 scoops of casein or 1.5 cups cottage cheese + some nuts or something.

With that said, are you eating enough CALORIES? Maybe, I guess it depends how tall you are, how much you workout, and how tough your program is (not to mention what type of cake). Are you getting enough nutrients? No, your diet is devoid in all kinds of healthy fats, fruit, veges, and lacks protein (which i’d shoot for over 200 grams).

That’s all.

[quote]hexx wrote:
harper2704 wrote:

breakfast 8am

9.30am

10.30am

12.30pm

yoghurt

2.30pm

4.45pm

7pm (after gym)

7.45pm

9pm

10pm bed…

also, i drink mainly water throughout the day, i would sayabout 1.5 to 2 litres, with a fruit juice with my lunch and dinner.

I’ll just try to be nice before the diet nazis come to shove your head up your ass.
To be blunt, your diet sucks.

Not enough protein, way too much crap, no knowledge of food timing. Between 8 and 10, you are basically robbing yourself of protein, while piling on more carbs that you already got from breakfast. Then you chase this high insulin environment with a cheese toastie, whatever the fuck that is, which is probably loaded with saturates and one measly hard boiled egg.

More carbs at lunch (you have plenty in your system at this time as is) with crappy low fat mayo, which has probably been more genetically altered than Joan River’s face. Again, more yogurt, which i’d guess is the high sugar crap on the store shelves doesn’t help,

A hard boiled egg and a cereal bar hardly qualifies as a meal, and creatine in water (btw mix your creatine in warm stuff) is terrible pre-workout nutrition (which in some studies has shown to be more powerful of a muscle building factor than post). Instead, try mixing some malto/dextrose (sugars) with whey, before and after your workout for quick energy. After your workout skip the milk and apple, just stick whey with quick sugars-- don’t slow digestion. You can have the apple and SKIM milk an hour after your shake, along with a fairly huge meal with protein and cabs (the potatoes, pasta, cereal, whatever are all fair game).

After that you’re done for the day, no fucking meat hoagies. Stick with high protein shit like meat and eggs, cottage cheese-- no bread. You’re going to bed in a few hours right? Not exactly going to be running a marathon.

An hour before bed, have like 2-3 scoops of casein or 1.5 cups cottage cheese + some nuts or something.

With that said, are you eating enough CALORIES? Maybe, I guess it depends how tall you are, how much you workout, and how tough your program is (not to mention what type of cake). Are you getting enough nutrients? No, your diet is devoid in all kinds of healthy fats, fruit, veges, and lacks protein (which i’d shoot for over 200 grams).

That’s all.
[/quote]

I would say have the hoagie an hour after your workout or a healthy dinner. if your tryng to gain weight that’s a good time for carbs. Also before bed eat a high protein moderate fat item such as cheese/milk/whatever. I do agree cut most of the carbs out of the non breakfast/non first meal after lifting