T Nation

Am I Doing Too Much Cardio?

I go to the gym every other day and run a mile at 8 mph on top of my normal gym routine is that ok or is it too much cardo?

Too much cardio for what? What’s your goal? How well are you moving towards this goal?

[quote]JadenGreen wrote:
I go to the gym every other day and run a mile at 8 mph on top of my normal gym routine is that ok or is it too much cardo?[/quote]

A mile every other day = 3.5 miles. It may not be the most productive way to structure your cardio (hard to tell since we know nothing about your goals) but it definitely isn’t ‘too much’ from a health & longevity POV.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]JadenGreen wrote:
I go to the gym every other day and run a mile at 8 mph on top of my normal gym routine is that ok or is it too much cardo?[/quote]

A mile every other day = 3.5 miles. It may not be the most productive way to structure your cardio (hard to tell since we know nothing about your goals) but it definitely isn’t ‘too much’ from a health & longevity POV.
[/quote]

This.

[quote]JadenGreen wrote:
I go to the gym every other day[/quote]
I’m confused.

Two weeks ago, it was, “a gym isn’t an option”.

Guessing you got a gym membership sometime in the last 10 days?? But basically, yeah, like they said, running one mile a few days a week isn’t going to interfere with your progress much at all. Or rather, it shouldn’t as long as you’re eating plenty, which you should be at your age.