Am I a Hard Gainer?

Nope. I’m saying that it’s not right comparing yourself with just two people. It’s like doing a thesis paper with only two sources in your bibliography.

[quote]michaelangelos wrote:

I know someone who gained 10 pounds of muscle in the first two weeks that they started creatine. And I know someone else who gained 30 pounds of muscle/fat (mainly muscle) in 2 months at 3000 calories a day.

I’m taking creatine and getting 4000 calories a day. I’m not getting much bigger but I am getting stronger, but I do still think I am a “hard gainer”.[/quote]

ahahaha. This is great stuff. 10 pounds of muscle in 2 weeks. wow. that proves that you’re a hard gainer. and at a whole 4000 calories. You might as well be shooting up Karo. You’re hardcore.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
michaelangelos wrote:

I know someone who gained 10 pounds of muscle in the first two weeks that they started creatine. And I know someone else who gained 30 pounds of muscle/fat (mainly muscle) in 2 months at 3000 calories a day.

I’m taking creatine and getting 4000 calories a day. I’m not getting much bigger but I am getting stronger, but I do still think I am a “hard gainer”.

ahahaha. This is great stuff. 10 pounds of muscle in 2 weeks. wow. that proves that you’re a hard gainer. and at a whole 4000 calories. You might as well be shooting up Karo. You’re hardcore.[/quote]

Well, considering he gained 10 pounds in 2 weeks at 2000 calories a day, and I’m only gaining a pound a week at 4000 calories a day, clearly there are some people who can gain weight easier than others.

Taquito wrote:
hrmmm a pound a week… Thats horrible. That’s only like 54 pounds of muscle a year…

It’s funny because I’m trying to gain muscle and fat but I’m only gaining 1 pound a week.[/quote]

54 lbs in a year is pretty good.

tveddy wrote:
michaelangelos wrote:

I’m taking creatine and getting 4000 calories a day. I’m not getting much bigger but I am getting stronger, but I do still think I am a “hard gainer”.

ahahaha. This is great stuff. 10 pounds of muscle in 2 weeks. wow. that proves that you’re a hard gainer. and at a whole 4000 calories. You might as well be shooting up Karo. You’re hardcore.

Well, considering he gained 10 pounds in 2 weeks at 2000 calories a day, and I’m only gaining a pound a week at 4000 calories a day, clearly there are some people who can gain weight easier than others.[/quote]

ahaha. no. creatine makes your muscles hold water. some people it makes their muscles hold more water than others.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
michaelangelos wrote:
tveddy wrote:
michaelangelos wrote:

Well, considering he gained 10 pounds in 2 weeks at 2000 calories a day, and I’m only gaining a pound a week at 4000 calories a day, clearly there are some people who can gain weight easier than others.

ahaha. no. creatine makes your muscles hold water. some people it makes their muscles hold more water than others. [/quote]

Yeah, but there’s still the guy who gained 30 pounds in 2 months off of 3000 calories a day.

has this guy ever lifted before in his life? Could these gains continue after a couple months? To be honest I just don’t see what you’re complaining about, you’re gaining weight at a decent rate. When you cease to gain weight you should start complaining.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
has this guy ever lifted before in his life? Could these gains continue after a couple months? To be honest I just don’t see what you’re complaining about, you’re gaining weight at a decent rate. When you cease to gain weight you should start complaining. [/quote]

He does lift weights but he got up to 170 and stopped because he was satisfied with his size. I’m not complaining, all I’m saying is that there are some people who gain weight easier than others which is why I think you can call people “easy gainers” or “hard gainers.”

tveddy wrote:
has this guy ever lifted before in his life? Could these gains continue after a couple months? To be honest I just don’t see what you’re complaining about, you’re gaining weight at a decent rate. When you cease to gain weight you should start complaining.

He does lift weights but he got up to 170 and stopped because he was satisfied with his size. I’m not complaining, all I’m saying is that there are some people who gain weight easier than others which is why I think you can call people “easy gainers” or “hard gainers.”[/quote]

I understand that its all relative, I just don’t think it needs a term. You’re either willing to do what it takes or your not.

[quote]howie424 wrote:
I need help deciding if I am a hard gainer or a easy-hard gainer…i know im not an easy gainer…what characteristics do each have?[/quote]

Maybe you’re a medium-hard-gainer? Did you think about that?

Just go lift!

So what if someone gains more weight than you? Who fucking cares? Focus on yourself. Keep eating and lifting heavier weights.

Almost nobody is a hardgainer. THe majority of people will fall in the middle portion a normal distribution curve (the bell curve) where they are neither hard nor easy gainers. Hard gainers (no ability to gain muscle even while feasting on a side of beef with an IV full of winstrol in their arm, overtrain brushing their teeth) ,will be at one end and so be fairly rare. Easy gainers (the genetic freaks who eat crackers and look at a picture of a dumbell and gain muscle) are at the other. What most people suffer from in gaining is no plan or a bad plan.

This site is full of good plans. Read up, be consistent and you’ll be successful.