Am I A Candidate for TRT?

Find a good doc. You are wasting your time walking into a trt clinic. All of the clinics are going to prescribe and give you a protocol. That includes defy.

Check thyroid levels. Maybe thyroid is causing some of your symptoms. Thyroid can cause low t and low t can cause thyroid issues. Thyroid and T symptoms are one in the same. Maybe you have a bad thyroid and fixing that will fix the balance your body is craving! Regardless test it and don’t go off tsh alone. Look up dr. Rouzier and thyroid in uoufube and watch his video.

There are stickies here on this board that tells you what labs to gets

You can get your own tests at discountedlabs.com

If this clinic forces weekly office visits for injections, simply get up and walk out! This would mean they want to inconvenience you 52 times a year for financial gain and care not for your independence or health for that matter because money is everything to them.

If they don’t believe in testing Free T, estrogen or SHBG, this is bad.

1 Like

Got my results from a recent visit. Attached below. Can anyone help me interpret? It looks like my test levels went up from a previous Test a year ago.

I can’t really tell you anything about your T status, your doctor has failed to test the active portion of testosterone. Total T is bound to SHBG and effects nothing within the body. This test could reflect an increase in SHBG which would then increase Total T, but this would also mean Free T decreases and now you may be worse off than before.

No interpretation is possible because you’re dealing with incompetent doctors, all we can do is guess. You just wasted money on a test that is basically useless.

Your numbers look good there but would like to see what your free T is with a blood test.

You need free t. This is what makes a man feel good or bad. Total means nothing if it’s not converting efficiently to high free t numbers.

Again tells us that the current doc or clinic is half asses and has no clue what they are doing.

Where can I go to get adequate testing done? Is there somewhere online that does this?

I use Discount Labs. Clinics that cut corners are in this for the money, not for helping the patient. If they cared about the patient, they would be more thorough and take an interest in what they are doing.

I am going to use discount labs, which tests should I be doing with them?

Total T, Free T, SHBG, estrogen, LH, FSH and CBC which includes hemoglobin, hematocrit and red blood cell. You’re a hemoglobin is on the lower end and would expect to see this value on the lower end on someone T deficient.

Thyroid panel recommended if you haven’t done so already. I didn’t suspect a thyroid problem but gain valuable insight as my Reverse T3 was elevated and along with my insulin resistance, made dietary changes and decrease Reverse T3 a bit, a win in my book.

Reverse T3 completes for the same receptor as the main thyroid hormone Free T3 blocking it.

Does this look right?

If you already got shbg, I think you can Skip it this time. Add prolactin instead. Which it looks like you never got.

Estrogens total don’t look right. Unless it includes e2. E2 is the one that we care about mostly.

You need e2 or estradiol. Or if they have estradiol sensitive.

If you are on T just get the feee t and e2 sensitive. I would test thyroid just in case.

Shbg isn’t really a must. You can tell where it’s at when you see what free t results you get from your total t dose. If you barely get any feee t then sure take the shbg.

If you feel like crap then yah take shbg and spend the money on a thorough test.

OK, how does this look? (see attached picture) Anything else? or any of these not necessary? Thanks for everyones help

I’ve included more comprehensive labs below. Can anyone help me interpret?

You have low test and very low free test. Your E2 looks okay. You need higher test level I believe.

Yeah, Free T is impoortant if determined accurately. You should check how the doc is assessing your Free T. It may be erroneous if its calculated.

Can anyone give me some perspective on my recent bloodwork? I am planning to either start TRT or consider running a cycle and am wondering what and how much might be advisable given my bloodwork. I did get approved for TRT at a clinic but want to get some more perspectives before making a decision.

Your test is low. I don’t remember your age, but I’m pretty sure it’s less than 90 so I’m safe in my statement.