Squat 6 [O] Bench 4 [X] and Be Leaner [ / ]

I can assure I will never be able to comply with #3, #4, or #10. I’ll have to talk to my wife about rest. haha

1 Like

1st Where in the world is @Christian_Thibaudeau ? I am pretty sure he is here in PDC and worked out at my gym today but rather than just ask I was too chicken to. Although he did ask if a friend and I were done with the bench but without talking so DAMN ME!!! Also he had a lady friend with him with a pretty awesome physique.

Squat 90% and Muscleup+

Stretches
Squat Warmup Routine (fronts and back pauses)
Squats 6-1s@225-315-405-455-475-495
Muscle Ups AMRAP not sure how many
Curls
Power Rows

I think my mobility is borderline too far now. I used to be able to bounce out of the hole at a perfect 89 degrees but now I think I am going deeper with weights. I need to learn to control this. I will probably start recording more of my heavy work instead of just the warmup stuff.

Physique is coming along nicely and quickly. I can feel my ab veins again.

Oh and Quad tendonitis is back so going to add in higher reps for the warmups. That helped my elbows with Tricep Extension stuff.

2 Likes

White vinegar works wonders, even for my workout clothes (full of paint from remodeling the house) which I may use for 2 weeks without cleaning them. I keep them on the floor or in a cotton bag. Wife introduced the vinegar. We just poor a tablespoon of it into the fabric softener compartment.

1 Like

Yesterday was the first sunny day this year and I decided to grab my baseball glove out of my bag to play catch… My jersey, pants, undershirt, socks, etc were still in my bag from when I played last in September. Haha, that link you posted is very timely.

2 Likes

Legit cringed out loud.

Unrelated NOT Rant: watching an unnamed BB video and the dude says that he rotates between 3 compound lifts which are Hack Squat, Leg Press, and variations of Back Squat.

Steam from ears. Obv not critiquing a top level BB’s methods.

2 Likes

CT’s Doppleganger, this is a terrible picture because I felt like a goon but Miguel was a great sport.

And 2 members of #TEAMGETSHREDDED with #TeamEat’sWhatEverSheWants

SKWATS and Speed Deads

Squat Warmup
Speed Dead 2s @ 135-225-315-315
Curls

Well my quad tendonitis was pretty bad today. I will work on that a lot going forward by adding in a lot of reps into my warmups. It worked for my elbows so lets hope. Also I finished speed deads and realized my workout was over so did some curls with Juan. Just as I got a pump I realized I forgot Power Cleans but there was no way I was getting my fat little arms into position after the Bicep Pump.

Gym music was contagious in a great way today. Most of the gym was literally dancing. Every body was talking, laughing but also making each other WORKED!!! If someone stood around too long somebody said something. It was some fun stuff. 90’s rap mixed with funky fun stuff from the 80s I think. I imagine this is what it must be like to train at a real gym.** If you own a gym dont be a douche with music.**

Time to go smash some beaches!

3 Likes

@caesium32 @planetcybertron

This might be my one area of expertise :smiley: so made a video.

Bench day later, CANT WAIT!!!

3 Likes

Love the background music!

1 Like

I finally get to hear your voice too!!! And I enjoyed the video. Very to the point and informative

2 Likes

Classical background music has been on the back burner for a video and this one seemed perfect for iT :smiley:

I was pretty nervous about this and glad you liked it!!! Pretty sure if I have kids my voice will be better than Nyquil or a car ride…because kids cant have nyquil?

BENCH DAYYYYAAA!!!

Bench 3s @ 135-185-225-255
AMRAPs 6-6-@275 (RPE: embarrassingly high)
Drop set 5-2-7 @275-225-135
Dum Military Press up to 75s for 10-12 (2nd was a rep contest with wifey obv cant let her win)
Power Row workd up to 3*10@235
Lateral Raise SUPASET Back Fly
Cable Cross Over
And Reverse Crunch

Day 3 of gym awesomeness music.

Some old gym buddies were there today. To shamelessly name drop one is JJ who won 3rd in 2016 WBFF World Championships and his Wife. It is always a reminder to get leaner when seeing them. They are opening a PL gym in Tulum but I think it will be more of a private 1 on 1 gym. (anyone interested in a health week vacation and learning a shit ton about meal prep, diet and training I think they have a couple spots still open.) Either way it will be awesome and they might even have some PL comps so maybe some day I can try one.

On the smelly front I thought I smelled like rat pee but Johnny thought rotting moose. Truthfully we have no idea what either of those things smell like but we do know something is wrong with me. Then of course upon removing clothes I smell fine. The vinegar hasnt made an orbit yet…but it will!!!

And I used all the will power in the world (or some of it anyways) but had to start Zyzzbolone (80mg Tren A / 50mg Mast P / 30mg Test Prop) today. Half CC (so 40-25-15) until this half bottle is empty then up to 1cc daily.

My weight is fluctuating kind of crazy but my waist was 93.5cm this morning so that is pretty good. The weight fluctuations convinced me to drop my calories to 2500. I will look to carb load a meal sometime next week. It will not be clean, it will most likely be a bucket of ice cream and box of crispy creme.

2 Likes

Are you good at singing or humming lullaby songs? They’d love that

I think I missed an important topic, but how come you don’t wish to buy new clothes? No rudeness intended I’m just generally curious because I might try this for some older workout clothes I have

1 Like

Sadly, the gear is still sitting on the garage floor. I really need to take care of this.

EDIT: I am very hygienically conscience person, I swear.

Did it HUUUUURRRTTT?!?! I have an unwavering fear of needles

Thank you for making this. I’ll start incorporating a few sets of pause front and back squats into my warm ups to see how I feel and you’ve already sold me on the stretches I always feel great the day after I do them.

1 Like

I am a terrible singer, but humming I could do.

I hate shopping, I have other clothes…but I have pretty much worn the same 4 shirts for the last 2 years. :smiley: If vinegar doesnt fix them I will start buying disposable clothes hahaha.

Actually not much. I was expecting much worse.

SQUAT DAY!!! Top sets

Squats 45@405
Deads 3
10@405
Crunches SS Quad Extension

Today was a great day, both in solving the tendonitis BS and a kick in the gonads. I added Quad extensions into the warm up. Super light just enough to put tension. It was magic. I will end every work out with an Ab Quad Extension superset.

So I was planning on doing 3*5@435 but 405 felt heavy. To compound the gonad punch as the sets went on my form was going crazy. I went side to side on a couple reps, I actually think 1 leg broke first on a couple reps. Aside from being weak the shitty ass floors didn’t help while I was getting set up. (The people who run Globo Gym have never lifted a day in their lives.) That is just an excuse anyways. The moral of the story is I have no business working in my higher percentages, yet.

DIET CHANGED AGAIN FOR THE LAST TIME #yeaOKlol

Either way we are locked in and this is the home stretch…very early in the home stretch but not much is going to change in regards to “supplementation” or diet components. I would say training but that would be a blatant lie. The others should be minor lies :smiley:

If I feel I am dropping too fast or am overly weak before being super shredded I will add in a carbohydrate replenishment supplement (donut).

3 Likes

Johnny Bench Called

Form/Arch work up to 225
Pushup Contest (I hit 70)
Power Rows 10-10-9@275
WG Cable Row (basically seated Power Row)
Pullups 3*Max@BW
Curls
Reverse Crunch QuadX supaset

Johnny wanted to learn PL Benching. I took the opportunity to show him a proper back work out :smiley:

We smashed Bench too. A lot of singles. A lot of form work for us both. This was something completely foreign to him. And back arch is something completely foreign to me.

1 Like

I’m coming around to the idea that it also isn’t really that important as long as your upper back is locked in tight AF - providing you aren’t super small or skinny for your mid to large size frame. I’ve kind of looked at good benchers, and sure, they arch but nothing extreme.

I was having shoulder issues so thought shortening the ROM would help but thanks for this. I will try duct tape on shirt to give a sticking point and then give up on a good arch. That is legal right? If so there has to be a market for non slip bench shirts. Squat shirts too.

SUNDAY FUNDAY: FULL BRO MODE

Dum Military Press
Dum Back Fly
Cable Press
Cable Back Fly
Rope Tricep
Dum Curl Plate curl drop set
Machine Curl
Stretches
Quad X for tendonitis

Pretty sure I made my tendonitis worse today. Obviously I am going to overehab (new word patent pending). I can feel it walking today and when I go down stairs. Hopefully it magically recovers before tomorrow’s squats. Moving forward only rehabbing on squat days.

Gonna go hit a beach club and watch my friends eat amazing food and have fun drinks while I suck down mineral waters with lime. EYE ON THE PRIZE!! Finish this bucket list physique and enjoy the summer!!!

I won’t be a champion of anything but myself yesterday but that is enough. Little motivational poster.

*dieting…I live to train

3 Likes

I’m not sure, I suspect not. Chalk works well, most comp benches aren’t too slippery. You can tie a resistance band around the bench where your shoulders are, that works a treat.