Squat 6 [O] Bench 4 [X] and Be Leaner [ / ]

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!!! That is home made dairy free ice cream. I dont have anything against dairy it’s just the evolution of making my own ice cream. About 4-5 very ripe bananas blended into a puree. I added honey (added sweetness and the sugar helps keep it from turning into a frozen block) and chocolate peanut powder and froze over night. I then added a giant glob of peanut butter because yes. It was awesome. A much more ice cream like consistency than the one with milk.

NOONER BENCH+ WAVE 1

Back Flys (bench was taken, yes my gym has only one acceptable bench)
Bench Paused 5s @
45-135-185-225-255
9.5@275 (half rep off from last time)
Bro Press 10-10-5-5 @ 135-185-225-225 (paused and held reps at random heights off the chest)
Cable Row
Tricep Rope Down
Dumbell Curl drop to Plate Curl drop to Machine Curl aka the Bicep Inflation Protocol
Stretches and Abs

Talking to THE Captain Canada (other powerlifter 30 pounds lighter but uses my 1RMs for warmups and that is his gym appointed nickname to protect his true identity…here in PDC that is a better cover than you would think, half our gym is expat). Anyways he was squating today and we were talking he is having some mobility issues too and mentioned that he cant get to parallel with out 500 on his back. That made me feel a lot better about needing 225. His sport is powerlifting though and I do powerlifting as a hobby while using it to keep me healthy and mobile. Some day I would like to be able to get in the hole with just the bar.

2 Likes

SATURDAY!!!

Pause Squat 3s @
135-185-225-
275-325-345

Pause Dead 2s @
135-225-315
405-455-495

Stretch, Abs, Calves, Straight Leg Deads

Right ankle is the limiting factor for my squat ROM, at least mostly. Such minimal butt wink that it was probably in my head. My sciatica agrees as I think I had a really minor flare up that quickly went away Before deads.

Deads I just did max reps at 495 (500) so didnt feel like doing it again. Instead paused just at knee level, this blew my back up but in a good way.

Last night: my old college stand by, scrambled eggs on flour tortillas with peanut butter.

Post workout today: Protein pancakes made into a PB&J sandwich. A taco would have been much more efficient.

1 Like

Missed Sunday for sleep, missed monday for traveling.

Now I am in Torreon and back with my old training partner Jose.

SKWATS Wave 2

Paused Triples @
135-225-275
315-355-385
11@415

Prowler Pushes

Some Calves and Quad Extensions

Not sure about the depth on that 415 set but I will have the video later, it has to be better than that 9@425 set.

PROWLER PUSHES ARE THE REAL DEAL!!! I am convinced they are THE BEST exercise. Single most functional and you get both great conditioning and strength from them. Maybe not best but they should be very high on the list of exercises that every one is doing. Another argument for them is that not every body can Squat or Deadlift, EVERY BODY CAN PUSH A SLED.

EDIT STOPPED WINSTROL MONDAY

1 Like

BENCH

3s @
45-135-185-225-255-275
6.5 @ 295

Bro Press
Tricep Rope
Power Row that morphed into Yates Row
Dumbell Back Fly
100 Pullups for time that morphed into 51 pullups LMAO some fatassedness there…did it 4 minutes and 20 seconds though (tee hee) Jose of course did 52 so he won…but it took him like 3 more minutes.
Bar Curl
Spider Curl drop to Plate curl
Dumbell Curl

Not thrilled about that bench not progressing. I might hit it again on Friday with A LOT more reps.

Lot of fun training with Jose again, its also a little awesome that in our how ever many years of friendship this is the first time I am leaner than him. In his defense he is 22 so that bar scene and dating thing is kind of a big deal.

1 Like

BACK FROM THE DEAD 93.9kg left

Was bed ridden with the worst cold I have ever had for the better part of 3 days and lost easily 5 kilos peak to peak. I look tiny…but dense. I am actually pretty happy with the look. The look is also fading fast as I recommit to the chub for pre progress photo.

Saw Rogue One yesterday. It was the best Star Wars movie to date if for no other reason than the diversity of characters. Sports and cinema should be little more than entertainment but unfortunately it seems that the only way acceptance is learned is through them. Jackie Robinson, The Celtics, Griner (among a few before her) now if we can just get a top level MALE athlete playing in a traditionally “manly” sport to come out maybe these bigots can let live. Lookin at you Aaron Rodgers!! Tim Duncan already retired. That isn’t a dig in any way, they both had long term live in personal trainers that caused issues with their heterosexual relationships.

There was also the obvious message of Hope even when the future looks it’s darkest which is perfect for the upcoming year when Trump will at best turn the USA into his own personal ATM machine and at worst we will all be facing racially charged civil wars.

PRECUT BUCKETLIST:
[ ] PIE, still havent had an acceptable thanksgiving pie
[ ] Ice Cream, a tub
[ ] Hamburger, can save this for refeed
[ ] Good Pizza, bad pizza didnt cut it
[ ] Cheesecake brownie mutation dessert (pics to come)
Churo

MONDAY DEADS

Stretches
Squat Deep Paused 5*3@135-225s
Broad Jumps
Deads 3-2-1s up to 527 then Strapped Max @ 527 was 3
Prowler Push
calves

Used a bunch of Kilo plates so warm up sets who knows but I know the heaviest sets were 527. I had bumper plates on the inside and put some weird rubber coated plates on the outside which took away any rebound I might get from the tap and go and every tap was like a jack hammer. I have to think I had more reps in my more traditional set up. My sickness probably didnt help.

1 Like

COOKIE FACTORY!!

We makin cookies…well I was but my make to eat ratio was pretty bad so I removed myself from the vicinity. I did just finish a …surprise. I will add the pic later.

EZ PEASY PUMP DAY
Stretches
Power Rows Wide Grip
Dumbell press
Wide Parallel Grip Pullups SUPASET with
Military Press
Tricep V-Bar Cable
Bar Curl Drop to Plate Curl

1 Like

Strong stuff in here, 415x11 is a mean squat man, impressed! Make sure to eat all that food you posted above as well, it will make you strong :grin:

2 Likes

My pizza creation on the left. It’s a giant cookie with peanut butter sauce and chocolate chip toppings. On the right is a brownie base, oreo layer, cheese cake layer then topped with oreos.

Belly GAINz

4 Likes

FRIENDSHIP RANT Meant as satire science

Men and women can not be plutonic friends unless one is gay…and even then it has to be the man who is gay. Men and women don’t have enough common interests and the man is always at the very least willing to sex with the female but more likely actively pursuing the female. It’s not our fault as people. We evolved over millions of years to survive as a species. Part of that evolution is a division of labor. Women evolved to be nurturing gatherers and men to be protective hunters. (This makes a ton of sense, you can take kids to gather but kids really shouldn’t be hunting dinosaurs with sticks.) Men also evolved desiring to mate and women evolved to be selective ensuring the best genes to be passed on for the survival of the species.

I bring this up because of conversations I had with Jose that are kind of funny but not postable.

PM SKWATS

3s-2s-Max @
135-225-315
365-405
8@435

Power Cleans to goof off up to 241 (new very easy PR)

Front Squat pause 5s @ 221
SUPASET
Lunges @ 133-182

Calves

My Squat is grooovy baby. I am hitting depth bouncing from the hole and NO BUTT WINK!!! I usually do pause reps and then as the weight gets heavier gradually phase out pause reps for normal reps.

PHYSIQUE has returned to a nice vacation puffiness…but with out the muscle size.

To ensure a more consistent progressions from block to block I am going to average my hypo 1RMs before halving the difference. And increasing in multiples of 10.

1 Like

Agreed about that little rant there, guys and girls can’t be friends period. One will always be attracted to the other if not both ways.

I must catch up to you on the squat

1 Like

And I need to catch up to pretty much all your other lifts :smiley:

BENCH DAY WAVE 3

2s @ 135-225-275-295
4@315

Military Dums max sets were 5 @ 85s and 15 @ 70s

Pretty unimpressive day. I need to get back to eating better. Cheese cake and various sugar coated desserts have been the main source of calories I think I need more protein.

Also I need more warm up sets in there. I thought I had one more but I guess not.

Probably going to skip Dead Wave 3 because Jose and I are going to do a full on mock comp next week so I will use that to set my 2017 starting numbers. I am hoping for a 1500 total.

1 Like

Didnt skip Dead Wave 3…

Dead 1s @ all of these ish…
135-225-315
405-495
5@545 plus drop set 1 @ 495 (plates fell off)

Squat Pause 3s @
135-225-275

Straight Leg DL

Off to San Pedro to spend the evening and morning with the in laws grandparents and tios y tias and hopefully lots of gorditas. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERY BODY!!! And to those who dont have any celebrations or holidays this time of year HAPPY COLD WEATHER TIME!!!

3 Likes

saw this and had to share it on this fat ass holiday of mine…

Basically it says: I see you are very heavy…did you weigh yourself?

Meaning be happy but you fat :smiley:

1 Like

MOCK COMP

Squat
455-495-525

Bench
335-355-375

Deadlift
543-581-601

This is the first time I unracked more than 435 in a long time, hardest part about that 525 was unracking it. Sciatica was flaring too.

Bench set a new PR of 375, really happy about that. I had given up on a 1500 total until I hit that bench.

Deads I just had my eyes on that 601 and it was a fkn grinder.

Just weighed myself at 213lbs after eating a few times and a bunch of water so my morning weigh in would have been easily sub 210ish.

GOAL ADVICE RANT

If you truly want to accomplish your goals BE SELFISH! Nobody is going to help you accomplish anything.

3 Likes

Nice squat.

2 Likes

This. Funnily enough if you want to take care of others you need to be selfish too, because if you don’t take care of yourself you’re no good to anyone.

Nice total.

1 Like

Thanks guys!!! videos coming when I get home to my comp with the editing stuff.

and found this little number…

3 Likes

BACK PUMP

Power Rows heavish
SUPA SET
Pullups

Cable Rows

Back Flys

Light Power Rows

Pullups

Bicep SMASH!!!

I am/feel weak in my upper back which used to be a strength. Part of the issue is not being able to hold enough weight in a barbell roll with out falling over or turning it into a Yates row which places most of the emphasis on the lats.

Back flys just dont use enough weight for it to translate how I want it to translate over to Deads and Squats.

Doing a row from a deadlift starting position just seems to put extra stress on my sciatica which isn’t ideal.

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION

Only one. No more rants. I will just find the positives, we gonna need a lot of that to get past 2016 and the mistakes made this year. But first, the 12 days of christmas rants rolled into 5 days.

I begin with Sciatica you stupid, worthless injury that is literally only good for causing discomfort. Is something structurally wrong? No, you just want to be an ass and keep me from enjoying my favorite lifts.

1 Like

Pretty decent lifts, nice! I’ll be following for progress :+1:

1 Like

DAT DERE PUMP!!!

I can not remember a better pump than the pec pump I got today. I tried a bit of incline both bar and dum and my shoulder was not having it. I did manage to do some military dum press and cable flys and a little curling and that was about it.

The pump was fun, it makes me want to go full bro mode and bulk a bit…but then I remember how much I hate being any bigger than I am now.

FINAL RANT

This rant is for 2016.

I dont care about all the celebrities that died even as young people. Their lives were more than anybody could hope for.

I cant invest any more into the equality stuff anymore, truthfully I am sick of it. Like what fkn year is this that we still have to say that this human is just as important as that one?

What is really driving me nuts is that the one thing that every single person should be able to agree on is that this planet will not be habitable for much longer. Our very survival is attached to the health of this planet and we as a race are too stupid to take steps forward.

END RANTS

Now it is time for me to move forward…bout to smash some burgers with the fam then a little whiskey and video games with Jose to fight off reality.

2 Likes