Squat 6 [O] Bench 4 [X] and Be Leaner [ / ]

A real pro-gambler who lives at the beach!

Now I’m jealous!

2 Likes

I too follow this protocol

1 Like

AM PUMPs

Muscle Ups 2 sets 5 or 6 reps and 2nd set of 3 or 4?
Paused Floor Press
8@135-185
5-8@235
Tricep V-Bar and about twice as many sets as my lazy as normally does…so like 4 working sets
Dumbell Curls supaset with a plate curl
Lateral Raises

REVELATIONS

-So, did some hair removal and was actually pleasantly surprised that I had some quad definition…then also repulsed I let myself get so damn fat so quickly. In the future I will continue my diet past the picture date and just add in limited cheat meals. Maintaining is much better than ever having to cut.

100 Rep Squat workout tomorrow for the Michigan Ohio bet loss. Will try to get 50 of those reps at 405.

Pretty annoyed with the reffing in that game. UM was clearly the better team and the refs were clearly one sided. As everything else goes though I am pretty happy they went into ohio and were the better team. I thought UM was about 3-7 points worse than ohio on a neutral field rather than probably that much better than them in ohio. Oh well, I dont think Bama can be beaten this year, they are 7-10 points better than any other school in the nation.

My Playoff:
1 Bama
2 Washington
3 Clemson
4 Winner of Big 10

Sadly the 2nd and 3rd best teams will not even be in the playoff this year.

1 Like

That would be interesting to see,so record if possible

2 Likes

I probably should have :smiley:

100 SQUAT BET PAYMENT
55@135
5@225
25@315 (at this point I realized 50 reps at 405 was NOT happening)
5@365
3*5@405
7-8@315
13-7@225

Everything felt slow as shit today, it made me feel weak like I was losing top end strength for hypertrophy strength. Such a gross feeling.

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS (winstrol not shown):

I was going to show the winstrol but it is raw and on the scale it really doesnt look right. Here we have coffee (wifes mug to my bourbon mug), eggs over medium on top of oats with peanut powder and a splash of honey. I love PB but never eat it because I read ingredient lists. But this P powder is JUST peanuts (so I love it) but for it to taste best as a dessert a little added sweetness goes a long ways. Protein powders and/or bananas are plenty to bring it out but I had honey.

2 Likes

Funny story…woman A was teasing woman B for being wooed by 3 roses last night…but I have it on good authority that woman A was wooed with a street cart hotdog. In defense of woman A it was always her favorite and still a must eat every time we go to mazatlan…I mean whoever woman A is.

BENCH+ WAVE 2
Bench Press 3s @
95-145-195-235
255-275
5@295

SupaCIRCUIT 3 Working sets @
Floor Press 6@255
Power Row 8@255
Pullups 10@BW

Cable Rows

I need a serious attitude adjustment. I just haven’t been able to get in my zone lately and I left at least 1 in the tank on that 295 even with a spotter. I left a couple sets out there every where today. A large part is I started to rely heavily on music to get me to and keep me in the zone and my headphones are broken. I just now realized I always have. A minor part is not being used to this much more dialed back approach in regards to intensity. But that is good for my longevity.

NONTRAINING Stuff

I have been slightly less than clean but it hasnt really mattered. I want to wait on a re-review of winstrol until later but this round has been like foglights compared to a flashlight. As of today I will be eating clean for at least until saturday. I want to see what happens if I take this diet more seriously. We will be out at the beach all day saturday and at a pool BBQ sunday so I have some added incentive. I am lowering my test supplementation to a true TRT dose (100mg every 4th day) as well which I will hold steady for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

I’ve always looked at it like this: there are tools and there are crutches. Belts, sleeves, ‘supplements’, are tools. Music is a crutch.

3 Likes

Music is helpful, but there are other ways to get in the right state.

As silly as it sounds, I pound on my chest while walking to the bar to cause adrenaline from pain, and during my rest up to it I think about something that will make me angry. One example is, and it’s a favorite I used at my meet, is that the weight wants to kill me, and that I won’t let it beat me, etc, basically seeing the weight as an enemy. Some lifters just think of things in life, like Pete Rubish thinks about people, Markbell thinks about his brother, George German thinks about his own brother, etc.

Of course you don’t have to go crazy all of the time. Most of the time just being focused is good.

2 Likes

KENNEDY WAS FAKENATTY!!! I am watching Stone’s Untold History of the USA. I always felt correct in my hatred for the Wold Elites especially the US ones but it is really nice to see I am not the only one who disapproves of the distorted history we are taught and force fed viewpoints we are supposed to have. Any who, back to Kennedy who publicly claimed to be healthy and vibrant was in fact not healthy and taking a cocktail of things to combat his illnesses. This cocktail included various steroids and hormones.

Taken from a LA Times article but I dont think links are allowed:

“500 milligrams of vitamin C twice daily; 10 milligrams of hydrocortisone daily; 2.5 milligrams of prednisone twice daily; 10 milligrams of methyltestosterone daily; 25 micrograms of liothyronine twice daily; 0.1 milligrams fludrocortisone daily; and diphenoxylate hydrochloride and atropine sulfate, two tablets as needed”

So with that I say, Ask not does your country even lift, but ask is your country even Natty?

Definitely can be (and is at least a bit for me), I also use it as a subtle dont talk to me sign. Most annoying thing ever my friend literally can not work out without preworkout. He also wonders why he is immune to its effects after 4+ years of continuous use.

I am trying to find that balance between focus and rage.

THURSDAY SIMON SAYS WORKOUT: (Stole this from @mytittyhurts )

Power Clean 2 to 3 reps at each weight.
95-135-155-175-195-215-225

Front Squat 3s @
135-225-275

Over Head Press 4*8@135
SUPASET
10 UG Ring Pullups

Power Row 8@135-185-225
SUPASET
GHR 6-5-yes

I skipped KB Swings and Deads because by this time my back was pretty crazy pumped. Later I will try to get my Wave 2 Deads done and and some abs.

225 Power Clean matched my old PR and the last time I ever did power cleans I injured myself attempting 225 (easily over 2 years ago). There was some mental blocks with the 225 today. Truthfully I think the kids would call this an RPE of 6 but my form is shit so I didnt want to push it. Also, mental blocks.

3 Likes

Good stuff man! Yeah man no way I’d be able to DL after that session lol. Your back gets enough work from the power cleans, front squats, rows. The KB swings I just use for conditioning (plus get abs, glutes, grip worked). Keep it up man!

1 Like

AFTERNOONER DEADS WAVE 2
Deadlift 3s @
135-225-315-
365-405-435
Strapped 10 @ 465

Bike Crunches SUPASET Decline Reverse Crunch

Calves until my feet hurt

Was definitely feeling it in the erectors but no sciatica so HELL YEA!!!

Also got my comp back today so back to work #FAKEHURRAYYYY I will probably waste a few hours redoing my bookmarks and poker softwares first :smiley:

1 Like

Aren’t these all the same thing??

…I say, fully aware I’m the one that drove my wife insane

1 Like

Its our job as husbands and they reciprocate.

12-2 PUMPz

Triceps and Biceps…I basically just went to the gym to not feel guilty about eating.

12-3 SKWATS WAVE 3

3s @
135-135
225-275-315
345-375-405
9@425

Squat Jumps 6*3
Some ab and GHR

Squats felt slow as shit. I had a long break between 405 and the 425 (talking grrrrr) and when I started the set I literally almost passed out after the 3rd rep. I have never been that light headed during or after a set. So I paused and did 6 more. I could feel the head pressure later in the set but the light headed dark vision went away between rep 2 and 3.

Adding back squat jumps and probably plyos to combat supa slowness. I have also switched to a true high bar but after seeing the video today will be going back to my middlish bar squats.

WINSTROL RE-REVIEW:

After being a rather large hater of winny after my first go around I tried it again because I had a ton of raw laying around that I will not be able to suspend or probably sell. This time it has gone much better, I have dropped my fat down much further than I did the first time around while coming from being much chubbier. Also until yesterday my joints felt fine. Yesterday my elbows felt a little piano cordy (best way I can describe it) and today my knees felt the pressure of squating. I will keep using this for at most until the 14th.

2 Likes

SUNDAY BENCHES BEECHEZ!!!

Bench Wave 3
All Pause
5@45
2@135-185-225-255-275-295
6@315

Pause Pro Press (love this)

Tricep Vbar Down thing

Back Fly

Pullups

Curls

Non Physical

Really looking forward to the deload week. I am substituting in less demanding assistance work to keep me fresher for the Big 3 and more volume of those Big 3 (like Back Flys instead of Power Rows). I think for deload week I will do versions of the big 3 rather than the actual big 3 as well.

I think there is a correlation (ok I know there is) for bar speed depending on X amount of time under tension and Y amount of recovery time. If my bar speed doesnt get better next block with lesser overall reps I will have to add in some recovery. I will take diet and new TRT dose under consideration.

Before I woke up at 430am after 6ish hours of sleep I was hoping for 5 reps at 315. Walking to the gym I was hoping for 3. I am very happy with 6.

Some late night cheating last night probably helped. A rather bready club sandwich with ham, chicken, cheese and the best bacon (and a lot of it) that I have had in a long time. Also some little marlin(?) empanada thingys. I am a little salt watery today, more than I expected. A couple days of potatoes will get that back on track.

Nap, BBQ later, and then hopefully sleeping by 8 but first I sum up my new life style (which is a selective and temporary life style while I smash some goals over the coming months).

1 Like

Back a little sore today so I dropped a couple of warm up sets and I have only ever deadlifted exactly 500 once and it was the first time I ever deadlifted 500 so today instead of repping 495 I walked around for 12 minutes and found the 2.5 pound plates. I have now deadlifted 500 eleven times and never with out straps…damn it!!!

DAY OF THE DEAD WAVE 3

Hook 2s @
140-230-320-410-460
Strapped 10 @ 500

Annnd was running late for electro shock treatment so called it a session.

And it seems the Trump Effect has made it to our little slice of paradise down here. Saturday Juan beat some douches ass for starting shit with one of his friends. I am really proud of him.

SKWATS FORM BATTLE

I know a large issue of my depth is not being able to push my knees forward with out quad tendonitis. If I cant do that I cant hit stay upright enough to hit depth with out butt wink and instant sciatica. I might start doing leg extensions as a warm up and assistance work to see if I can rebuild and smooth out what ever is wrong in there. Obviously time off or even lessened frequency isn’t an option.

Also, really hard to cheat on my diet when the junkiest food I have is cheese and whole wheat bread.

3 Likes

That game store(or whatever it’s called) looks so amazing.Also the set of 10 looked easy af

1 Like

Its at the mall, every time we go to the movies I go play the basketball game and the hammer thing, oh and ski ball.

And it wasnt easy hahaha but last real set for a week is a little motivating.

1 Like

Beard looks good. I expected a much deeper V on the V-neck.

1 Like

Thanks!! I will use this as leverage in the great beard negotiations with wifey :smiley: And I think they used to be deeper but deads and being fat made traps which shrank shirts, pants and self esteem hahahaha

Which brings me to my greatest accomplishment ever as a trainer/life coach/voice of science and reason:

I FINALLY TALKED JUAN INTO DROPPING FASTED CARDIO FOR LIFTING FASTER!!! Huge win and for him too. We worked on his form, then added the weights up to a 5 or 6 rep max. Then we stripped some weight off and he did 10 reps on the minute for 7 minutes. His life flashed before his eyes. He got that cardio he was worried to miss and those booty gains he wants. And rather than waste an hour on the treadmill it took 20 minutes.

MY WORKOUT DELOAD:

Muscle Ups
Floor Press
Tricep Rope
Dum Curls drop to Plate Curls drop to Machine Curl
Back Fly
Abs

I will probably cram these 4 deload days into 3 days. Off to run errands.

_EDIT REALLY NOT GOOD AT DELOADS_

Squat Deload Depth/Form focus at GLOBO GYM

5s @ working up to 345
Some Calves

Sumos and Tabata at Crossfit

Sumo pulls to 405
TABATA: Pushups Burpee Pullups KB Swing in randomish amounts, just couldnt get the right balance

Squats went really well actually. My quad felt a million times better and I was bouncing out of the hole and at depth once the weight got to 225+. 135 was not getting me in there. I do not really want to bounce out of the hole but for now with light weights it is fine. I think squating in the afternoon helps. I tried the quad extension but really didnt get much out of it because of a shitty machine. I will revisit that and there is a strong chance I add in a daily 4x4 Squat up to 315. Minor back pump NOT sciatica so that was nice.

1 Like

WEDNESDAY

All natural supplement aided/enforced relaxation day. Lot of walking, some napping, and I finished my home made frozen chocolate banana peanut yogurt.

TODAY AM SKWATs

Low Bar Squats new PR 225 for 5 LOL (Rack is definitely the limiting factor)
Some high Bar but that flared my sciatica

RANDOMISH CIRCUITS INCLUDING:
Power Cleans
Power Snatches
KB Swings
Pullups
Squat Jumps

sciatica turned into back pump so battling that…

Slightly Low High bar Squats (my normal) working up to 385 for 3

Kind of a ridiculous unorganized work out today. I think I have my squat “sorted” as our friends across the pond would say. It came at a cost, I feel like I carried a truck while operating a jack hammer. I am not sure how much of that is the winstrol. I am leaning out quite nice and I have avoided junk for the most part I have not been counting anything but protein…and loosely.

I Pride myself on not being stubborn and listening to others so I am not sure why it has taken so long but I am ready to accept I might have tight hamstrings and that could be a contributing factor to my butt wink and I will be taking steps to correct it if it is the case.

1 Like