Always Feeling Hot

if someone feels the neeed to move this please do.

Im always roasting hot! it is summer here but even in the winter im walking around with a t-shirt on.
I have looked online and all i get is stuff for pregnant,overweight or people going through the menopause and believe me i am none of them. Someone said about an overactive thyroid but im tired alot of the time aswell and the overactive thyroid makes you restles.

my diet is pretty good actually, high protein, moderate/low carb, low fat, and i do get enough sleep.

any advice? i try to wear loose clothes, anti perspirant etc but it doesnt help with my body temp.

Sorry, what specifically do you need help with? The heat? Lowering your body temp?

Shower twice a day, drink cold water.

i have the same problem.

I am never cold, of course i live in San Diego, but even when it is windy and raining outside i am walking around in swimming trunks and a t-shirt pretty damn comfortably. I don’t sweat more then others, i assume, but i am always warm. It’s weird, but i like it.

I do take 600mg of caffeine every morning…that could have a slight effect…maybe

try moving to scotland it’s fuckin’ freezing here

[quote]adrenalinx wrote:

Im always roasting hot! it is summer here but even in the winter im walking around with a t-shirt on.
I have looked online and all i get is stuff for pregnant,overweight or people going through the menopause and believe me i am none of them. Someone said about an overactive thyroid but im tired alot of the time aswell and the overactive thyroid makes you restles.

my diet is pretty good actually, high protein, moderate/low carb, low fat, and i do get enough sleep.

any advice? i try to wear loose clothes, anti perspirant etc but it doesnt help with my body temp. [/quote]

The only reason is that you must be one of the werewolves from twilight.

It’s crazy how unlucky one can get, a fast metabolism sure is a tough fate. Perhaps we can discuss here, too, how free testosterone can be lowered or tooth decay enhanced?

In any case, castration is definitely gonna help.

I don’t think it has anything to do with fast metabolism… at all.

OP, I’m in your boat as well. Even when it’s >30 degrees, I don’t generally need a hoodie or anything like that walking around on campus. I’m usually warm enough all by myself, and will still end up sweating anyway. It’s definitely annoying to always be that guy but hey, gotta play the cards you were dealt.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
It’s crazy how unlucky one can get, a fast metabolism sure is a tough fate. Perhaps we can discuss here, too, how free testosterone can be lowered or tooth decay enhanced?

In any case, castration is definitely gonna help.[/quote]

LOL!

I’m the same way. I think it is just that some people have better tolerances for different temperatures.

It’s called being a man…if you weren’t complaining about being hot in the summer time, I might have mistaken you for one.

cheers for your responses fella’s (well most of you)

i do shower twice a day and go through alot of water. I havent bought a winter jacket since my teens (im 27)

its a fucker even after a shower at work, i seem to sweat alot more!!

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
It’s called being a man…if you weren’t complaining about being hot in the summer time, I might have mistaken you for one.[/quote]

lol read the whole post next time mate

[quote]adrenalinx wrote:

any advice? i try to wear loose clothes, anti perspirant etc but it doesnt help with my body temp. [/quote]

Have your thyroid levels checked…might be an overactive thyroid gland?

Either that or menopause…

I’m the same way, I sleep with the window open and my fan on during the winter.

I was kidding “mate”. I’m always hot too, even in the winter time. I always just chalked it up to being a guy. My wife is always under blankets and I either have the windows open while I’m in my boxers during winter or sitting in front of the AC in the summer.

OP, eat 1 massive…I mean massive meal a day, quit working out and sit on your butt all day…problem solved.

Other than that, quit your bitching. I’m from Texas. You don’t know heat till you’ve lived in Texas for a while.

[quote]BigDug wrote:
try moving to scotland it’s fuckin’ freezing here[/quote]

Haha! too right…

Although I do have the same problem as the op, could walk about in the snow in a t-shirt without a problem.

One thing I’ve noticed is how the diet affects body temp - higher protein/fat tends to make it higher, whereas higher carb/lower fat/protein lowers it. I think that this shows the thermic effect of food in action!

I sweat like 2 naked fat guys taped together.

I can’t wear a bookbag because my back gets soaked.

Same with sitting back in my seat while I drive… It isn’t happening. It’s pretty disgusting, but you learn to live with it and make fun of yourself.

I was getting my teeth cleaned this morning and it was on a leather-like chair. Also, there was a hot chick doing it. By the time she was done, I was covered, and I left her a nice little pool in the seat.

I made a joke and walked away… she looked pretty horrified though.

Edit - She has to do the other side of my mouth in a couple of weeks. Sweet.

I’m always cold.

Let’s hug.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
OP, eat 1 massive…I mean massive meal a day, quit working out and sit on your butt all day…problem solved.

Other than that, quit your bitching. I’m from Texas. You don’t know heat till you’ve lived in Texas for a while. [/quote]

im sure in Texas you have air con everywhere, work place, cars etc and im pretty sure the way you live out there prepares you for the heat and places are catered for it

i live in London, which doesnt cater or manage any type of weather! everything stops whether it is blazing hot, pouring snow or even just fast winds! we have a cramped/over populated train system with no air con which people pay a fortune to use or (like me) you get stuck in traffic as you have to pay to go through the centre of london, to ease congestion they say, but most just detour around it, just moving the congestion!
so until London uses my tax and helps me out a little when weather is extreme, i’ll bitch all i want lol