T Nation

Always Done 5x5, What Next?

so i’m new on here i’ve been training for 3 years now and im not a novice but not advanced in my opinion anyway. just to start off my stats.
weight-180lbs
squat-1rm - 420 lbs
deadlift- 510 lbs
bench-340 lbs

seeing as tho i have always done 5x5 strength training reps and sets. i was wondering if anybody knows any good strength programs to move on to or reps and sets that would be good for me to become stronger on.

my program so far that has helped me even tho it is repeatitive. i play soccer/football also on tues, thurs and sat!

sun- max day legs and shoulders
monday- rep day chest and back
tuesday- cardio HIT and abs
wednesday- rep day legs and shoulders
thursday- max day chest and back
friday- cardio HIT
saturdayoff

any help would be great.

shit dude, you weigh 50lbs less than me and lift pretty much just as much.

pics?

are you’re goals purely for strength?

hmm, i guess i really don’t have anything to offer, i guess i’m going to have to start 5x5 training myself

Maximum Strength by Eric Cressey may be worth looking into if you goals are pure strength.

Wendler 531, looks good. There is a thread here, hope the link works

check it out I think you will like it

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
Wendler 531, looks good. There is a thread here, hope the link works

check it out I think you will like it

[/quote]

x2 … wish I had more to add, but I like this suggestion

There are so many different ways to do 5x5. How have you done it in the past?

i have done 5x5 in the past many times its just i feel like im hitting plateaus. i incorporate powercleans and clean and jerks in my program so i would be looking for a program that doesnt exclude those lifts. also just wondering what rep ranges would be best like 8x3 12x2 never really done those only experimented with friends e.g. power lifters. wondering how many assistance lifts with those rep ranges i should use.

also in the past i have done GVT, 5x5, regular set ups like one body part per day. and sheiko for a week but i did not see itb as hard because i was being too short with my 1 rep max.