Alternative Views on Vaccines

And they deal in illusions isn’t that ironic?

It mirrors your reality of the world.

Who did they interview, on the anti-vax side, that was of any importance? A couple of laypersons?

Where is the concrete mountains of evidence to the positive effects of vaccines? Shut me down! All the while disproving the other side.

Haha another gem. Can anybody think of any diseases vaccines have prevented?? It’s a tough one!

4 Likes

You’re fucking retarded.

3 Likes

1 Like

No. You are a conformist because you practice the same brand of belligerent stupidity that everybody else who believes that attaching the word “Alternative” to pile of garbage somehow makes it not a pile of garbage.

2 Likes

A common site pre-polio vaccine. All of these are children, all are forever entombed in so-called ‘iron lung’ machines to breathe for them:

Edit: One of the perverse downsides of the success of vaccination programs is it allows people to forget what a horrible scourge the diseases once were.

5 Likes

Exactly.

Robert De Niro’s “I’ll give anyone who can prove vaccines are safe $100,000” is patently absurd. There are concrete mountains of evidence of the positive effects of vaccines. I already posted, oh, about 20 of them further upthread.

2 Likes

I take it you didn’t watch the video then? They actually interviewed several doctors who were anti vaccine one of them being Jenny McCarthy’s pediatrician. The docuseries you posted couldn’t even do that, they blatantly interviewed only one side to push their agenda. I was going to say the same thing @ActivitiesGuy said there has been concrete evidence already posted in this thread. The fact of the matter is you have your mind made up, so it doesn’t matter that people have posted concrete evidence for vaccinations.

What exactly is your problem with vaccines? They cause autism (nothing supports this claim? They are some giant moneymaker for “big pharma” (if they were such a big money maker and were so expensive my insurance wouldn’t cover them 100%, since my insurance company also wants to make money)? But your probably right its some giant conspiracy theory the rest of us haven’t caught on to, only zep has all the answers.

2 Likes

@Zeppelin795 No need to get vaccines they don’t work, or whatever stupid reason you have for not getting them. I suppose cases like this aren’t concrete enough.

The European Center for Disease Control state most cases were in patients older than 15 years of age, meaning babies and young children are not the ones becoming infected but instead people who failed to be vaccinated as children.

Butler believes the fall in confidence towards vaccines is fueled by both a rise in the anti-vaccine movement across Europe as well as complacency towards the disease, with some not receiving vaccinations due to lack of concern about the risk of contracting measles.

But he is more worried about the increasing refusal of the vaccine by people fearing adverse effects, which stems as far back as the MMR scare ignited by a now discredited and retracted paper published by UK scientist Andrew Wakefield. “We have seen vaccine refusal increasing,” said Butler.

1 Like

It looks like we are articulating our argument with Zep all wrong! @Aragorn @EyeDentist @ActivitiesGuy

This is because the way most scientists think about science communication—that just explaining the real science better will help—is plain wrong. In fact, it’s so wrong that it may have the opposite effect of what they’re trying to achieve.

3 Likes

Can anyone think of damage caused by vaccines? An even tougher question.

Wow you replied again. You must be done masturbating to Red Dawn.

It’s called multi-tasking.

There are plenty more vaccines than the Polio. Why not let the parents decide?

And you just follow marching orders.

Is the Polio vaccine the only one? Why not let the parents decide if they want their child to follow the current CDC schedule for vaccinations?

I watched the videos. If you want to follow the CDC vaccination schedule for your children that is your business. However, for people who are skeptical of vaccines, why do you think they should be forced to vaccinate their children?

Who retracted Andrew Wakefield’s published paper, Andrew Wakefield or the publication it was first printed in?

You trust the government agencies that fought the legalization of medicinal marijuana to keep up the profits for Big Pharma. And deride those who do not. The question of vaccines are attributed to the very industry who revolves around them. After being busted for questionable policies before the public has become leary and are untrusting of them. They are responsible for waking up the conscious of the public.