Alternative to Pre-Workout Supplements

[quote]Silo101 wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]Silo101 wrote:
While on the topic, I have a question.

I usually take a pre-workout meal an hour before my pre-workout supplement (muscle marinade at the moment) and then wait 20-30 min before lifting. This is fine right? I don’t need to take the solid food closer to the training session?[/quote]

well the pre-workout you took will be “diluted” so to speak by eating that close to taking it…

i always try to take my pre workouts on as empty of a stomach as possible.

if you need to eat before training, i would try having a shake instead of a full meal to get the full benefit of the supp[/quote]

Thanks[/quote]

welcome. but if what you’re doing is working stick with it.

or you could experiment with what i said and see if its better/worse

[quote]deat wrote:
IMO, 1,3 D >>> caffeine as a preworkout.

Currently I’m taking a supplment ($0.50 a workout or less, with Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine, Caffeine, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine) that I am very pleased with.[/quote]

does it start with a J, end with a D, and have a 3 in the middle? lol

[quote]wannabebig25 wrote:

[quote]deat wrote:

Currently I’m taking a supplment ($0.50 a workout or less, with Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine, Caffeine, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine) that I am very pleased with.[/quote]

does it start with a J, end with a D, and have a 3 in the middle? lol[/quote]

nope. that’s what i thought too but it starts with a G and ends with an O if you know what that is… ha

If you liked Jack3d I am currently taking Dark Energy which feels very similar but with only a $15 price tag and 50 scoops. It also contains a lot of the ingredients recommended above (caffeine, beta alanine, 1, 3 DMAA, etc.). It’s been working pretty well; just a recommendation.

hmm i dont really like jack3d. i bought a tub to see what all my 130 lb friends were raving about and thought it sucked… i really wish Biotest would maake one

some of my best workouts ever were SWF combined w/ HR-black

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]wannabebig25 wrote:

[quote]deat wrote:

does it start with a J, end with a D, and have a 3 in the middle? lol[/quote]

nope. that’s what i thought too but it starts with a G and ends with an O if you know what that is… ha[/quote]

lol yea the one of TP’s site. looks identical to jack3d.