Alternative to Powerlifting: Conventional DL, Front Squat, Press

quite possibly my least favorite strongman thing. Also, a thing have to do this Saturday. it’s right up there with a very heavy yoke for me.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a press medley in a show before. I’ve had circus db and log for reps in the same show, but as separate events. I’ve had a few carry medleys and deadlift medleys though.

I’ve actually got a fun medley this weekend. it’s a carry and load for 10’ to a 48" platform with a 245 stone, a 265 stone, a 200 keg and a 225 keg.

That carry medley sounds fun. I’m a fan of all medleys minus deadlift, since those are stupid and I have to basically sleepwalk through them. Saw a progressive keg press medley in a show nearby here that looked pretty cool.

Not it doesn’t! It doesn’t sound fun at all.

I dunno what’s wrong with you people

3 Likes

Compared to a timed hammer hold, it’s a blast, haha.

So many stupid events…

1 Like

I think there’s trends based on where you live in the country. Here in the Carolina’s, max logs are fucking everywhere. So are max deadlifts and frame deadlifts. Not sure how it is where you guys are, or if there really are trends…

I also had a super fun medley at a show I won in VA, was a sandbag, a keg, a natural stone, and a boat anchor chain link that weighed like 200lbs. All implements were less than 250lbs, so we were all flying through it man handling everything and sprinting to each one. Fun fun.

I think it might’ve been a few feet ahead of him, on the floor.

I just had some disk blow out just watching that…

Front Squat competitions don’t end well. Have we not learned from this already?

4 Likes