T Nation

Alternative Testosterone Ester

Instead of using the traditional test E or cyp would it be possible to use testosterone Isocaproate as a base in a cycle using the same every third day injection schedule? If the half life of cyp is about 12 days and the half life of isocaproate is 9 days does that small of difference affect the injection schedule?

I would assume every third day would still be fine but obviously I am asking so I’m not that sure. Or if someone has a different reason why testosterone isocaproate should not be used as a base please speak up.

Test is test. The difference between suspension, prop, cyp or whatever merely the esters and the need for more or less frequent shots. For Iso I think you could pull off the E3D, otherwise EOD it. You have miscalculated the above half life’s. Basically cut them in half for practical purposes. If you do, you still are ok with iso as an E3D.

[quote]sapasion wrote:
Test is test. The difference between suspension, prop, cyp or whatever merely the esters and the need for more or less frequent shots. For Iso I think you could pull off the E3D, otherwise EOD it. You have miscalculated the above half life’s. Basically cut them in half for practical purposes. If you do, you still are ok with iso as an E3D.[/quote]

This raises another question… I took the ester lengths off of the Steroid Newbie Thread. On the list they also had decanoate having a half life of 15 days. Assuming all the given esters are off that would make the half life of decanoate app. 7.5 days. Am I wrong in thinking now that decanoate would be better for 2x a week injections than isocaproate? The reason for this odd question is that certain popular esters of test are currently not available and I have an option of getting these lesser known esters for a great deal. Although if I know anything about ester weight won’t the iso have more test and less ester than the decanoate?

As far as i know isocap. its good for E2D and decaonate for E3D.