Alternative Cardio methods

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:

[quote]myself1992 wrote:
Wake up, take ECA, HOT-ROX, or whatever thermogenic or fatty acid releasing compound along with 5 humapro tabs, wait 30 min. Then 20-40 min walking on an incline at 3-4 mph. 5 tabs humapro after that, and then eat when hungry. The weekly frequency and the duration of the cardio are determined by how behind or ahead you are on your prep/diet [/quote]

Thats what i did for the majority of my contest prep, and it although it worked well, once you get up to 90 mins a day it starts to SUCK INSANE AMOUNTS OF ASSS

my idea for my next prep is to first start dieting without cardio, then add in some high intensity–then start adding in some incline walking- never exceeding 45 minutes a day in the most hellish stage of prep.[/quote]

That’s what I did but started with the fasted walks first and then added high intensity.

Dropped 20lbs doing no cardio but the fasted walks and just letting the diet do the work.

Not gone up past 30 mins of cardio per day yet (unless I fancy doing the sleds for the banter) and I’m still getting leaner![/quote]

I used fasted morning walks the last 2 weeks of my prep.

A caffeine pill when I woke up, then waited a few minutes and went out walking. I had a loop where I would hit a pretty good hill about 4 or 5 times during a 25 minute walk. I really focused on using my glutes/hamstrings as I walked up the hill.

It helped tighten up my legs.

[quote]timmcbride00 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:

[quote]myself1992 wrote:
Wake up, take ECA, HOT-ROX, or whatever thermogenic or fatty acid releasing compound along with 5 humapro tabs, wait 30 min. Then 20-40 min walking on an incline at 3-4 mph. 5 tabs humapro after that, and then eat when hungry. The weekly frequency and the duration of the cardio are determined by how behind or ahead you are on your prep/diet [/quote]

Thats what i did for the majority of my contest prep, and it although it worked well, once you get up to 90 mins a day it starts to SUCK INSANE AMOUNTS OF ASSS

my idea for my next prep is to first start dieting without cardio, then add in some high intensity–then start adding in some incline walking- never exceeding 45 minutes a day in the most hellish stage of prep.[/quote]

That’s what I did but started with the fasted walks first and then added high intensity.

Dropped 20lbs doing no cardio but the fasted walks and just letting the diet do the work.

Not gone up past 30 mins of cardio per day yet (unless I fancy doing the sleds for the banter) and I’m still getting leaner![/quote]

I used fasted morning walks the last 2 weeks of my prep.

A caffeine pill when I woke up, then waited a few minutes and went out walking. I had a loop where I would hit a pretty good hill about 4 or 5 times during a 25 minute walk. I really focused on using my glutes/hamstrings as I walked up the hill.

It helped tighten up my legs.[/quote]

I’m gonna start a contest prep thread next month when im 4 weeks out just to pick yours and others brains regarding all this stuff haha

Since it’s my first time the sheer volume is making me feel like I am completely in the deep!

Fucking, I sweat like a bastard, and it’s a full body workout.