Alternating Shoulder Shrugs?

I like to do alternating shoulder shrugs to add variety to my workout. I usually do high reps, low weight and they are great to do in rhythm with music.

Has anybody else tried these?

I did them once when I was 17 at my highschool gym.

I think I was using a 40lb DB and my guidance counselor walked over and very nicely told me it probably made more sense to do both at once.

Haha… never did them again.

I like to bounce my pecs in an alternating fashion to the beat of whatever song’s playing on the radio.

(Don’t pretend you’ve never done it! You’re not better than me!!!)

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
(Don’t pretend you’ve never done it! You’re not better than me!!!)
[/quote]

Lol, this does hit somewhat close to home!

On topic, heavens no. I would imagine that’d be a neck injury waiting to happen for me. My ability to get injured is easier than most, though. I suppose otherwise I still wouldn’t see any actual added benefit to doing this.

I do them all the time. Might even be my favorite trap movement.

High reps moderate weight I do one side at a time.

I put a bend and lean to the side I’m doing them on. Gives a better ROM.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
I do them all the time. Might even be my favorite trap movement.

High reps moderate weight I do one side at a time.

I put a bend and lean to the side I’m doing them on. Gives a better ROM. [/quote]

X2… done on a Smith Machine… standing with the bar at my side.

I remember seeing old pics of Don ‘Ripper’ Ross (I know IronDwarf’s gonna remember this guy!) doing shrugs on a standing calf raise machine. Definitely a creative use of a standard piece of equipment.

S

I remember seeing old pics of Don ‘Ripper’ Ross (I know IronDwarf’s gonna remember this guy!) doing shrugs on a standing calf raise machine. Definitely a creative use of a standard piece of equipment.

S[/quote]

haha thats awesome

S[/quote]

I do Hise shrugs in the Smith machine. It works well because the bar is balanced for you. Squeeze the traps hard reaching for your ears and hold at the top for a couple of seconds.

S[/quote]

HAHA! I sure do, Stu! In fact, I used to do shrugs on a calf machine all the time!