Alternate view on nutrition

Here’s something new to think about that I’ve read from another discussion board:

"I’m assuming you are all wanting to gain muscle mass, not fat…

The bodybuilding community will tell you just to "eat more, eat MASS calories?. Doing that?s a BIG mistake and here’s why…

It’s not what you eat but what you digest and absorb that builds muscle. The quality of any food in terms of building muscle is the nutrition of that food minus the effort it takes to digest it.

Cramming tons of food down you not only acidifies and congests your system but it overwhelms your digestive system. Much of it goes undigested, putrefying and stressing the system with yet more toxins. It also creates the perfect environment for parasites to flourish.

So what to do?

Well, first you need to optimize absorption. The Primal Defense and the bowel cleansing and regeneration are the best ways to do that.

Then you need to optimize digestion. This isn’t as easy as it may seem and takes a whole book in and of itself. But the first place to start is with food combining.

Then you need to balance cleansing foods with building foods and increase your enzyme consumption.

Cleansing foods would be fresh-made, raw, low-sugar veggie juices such as celery, wheatgrass, collard greens, parsley, cilantro etc. Juicing every day will not only alkalize and cleanse your system but it will be one of the best sources of enzymes.

And most RAW, low-sugar veggies will be cleansing and enzyme rich.

Balance that with building foods such as…

Kefir, fowl, beans and lentils, nuts and seeds, butter, coconut fat, and some sprouted grains,…

The last secret is to ingest very bio-available concentrated foods along with enzymes.

Seacure is extremely bio-available. That is why it build muscle. Kefir is as well because it has been pre-digested by the kefir bacteria strains. And cultured veggies are also very bio-available because of the culturing process.

Lastly, you simply cannot build an ounce of muscle without enzymes. Enzymes are required in every bio-chemical reaction (anabolism included). The secrets not out yet in the bodybuilding community, but my prediction are concentrated enzymes will be the next big thing.

Why? Because concentrated enzymes are highly anabolic. And have NO negative side-effects whatsoever.

Anyone that does not believe me, just try it. Your best bets for these enzymes are Garden of Life’s enzymes.
I’m assuming you are all wanting to gain muscle mass, not fat…

The bodybuilding community will tell you just to "eat more, eat MASS calories?. Doing that?s a BIG mistake and here’s why…

It’s not what you eat but what you digest and absorb that builds muscle. The quality of any food in terms of building muscle is the nutrition of that food minus the effort it takes to digest it.

Cramming tons of food down you not only acidifies and congests your system but it overwhelms your digestive system. Much of it goes undigested, putrefying and stressing the system with yet more toxins. It also creates the perfect environment for parasites to flourish.

So what to do?

Well, first you need to optimize absorption. The Primal Defense and the bowel cleansing and regeneration are the best ways to do that.

Then you need to optimize digestion. This isn’t as easy as it may seem and takes a whole book in and of itself. But the first place to start is with food combining.

Then you need to balance cleansing foods with building foods and increase your enzyme consumption.

Cleansing foods would be fresh-made, raw, low-sugar veggie juices such as celery, wheatgrass, collard greens, parsley, cilantro etc. Juicing every day will not only alkalize and cleanse your system but it will be one of the best sources of enzymes.

And most RAW, low-sugar veggies will be cleansing and enzyme rich.

Balance that with building foods such as…

Kefir, fowl, beans and lentils, nuts and seeds, butter, coconut fat, and some sprouted grains,…

The last secret is to ingest very bio-available concentrated foods along with enzymes.

Seacure is extremely bio-available. That is why it build muscle. Kefir is as well because it has been pre-digested by the kefir bacteria strains. And cultured veggies are also very bio-available because of the culturing process.

Lastly, you simply cannot build an ounce of muscle without enzymes. Enzymes are required in every bio-chemical reaction (anabolism included). The secrets not out yet in the bodybuilding community, but my prediction are concentrated enzymes will be the next big thing.

Why? Because concentrated enzymes are highly anabolic. And have NO negative side-effects whatsoever.

Anyone that does not believe me, just try it. Your best bets for these enzymes are Garden of Life’s enzymes and E-12 super enzymes from Cell-tech. "

Keep in mind this was from a message board about curing acne (Sidenote: It is possible to cure acne without topicals or antibiotics - i’ve done it on this program and so have many others)
What does everyone here think about this alternate view?

Some truth, some half-truth, lots of garbage.

1. “Primal Defense”

Our gastrointestinal tract contains normal bacteria (acidophilus, bifidus, etc). Supplements of these normal bacteria are referred to as “probiotics”. If you are taking antibiotics, or if you are a female with a vaginal infection you will definitely benefit from this. If you have acne you may benefit from taking these. If you have various kinds of problems with your gut, you may benefit from these. Primal defense is an unusual kind of probiotic which includes bacteria found in the soil. Is primal defense better then other high quality probiotics and worth the extra $$ (it is not cheap)? I doubt it.

1. pH: if you are interested in acid-base balance and diet (and again it seems to make a big difference for some people) look up metabolic typing e.g. bloodph.com and others (do a search–I listed several other web sites in a previous thread).

2. Optimizing digestion: I do agree with the basic principal that undigested food i.e. molecules not fully broken down, can be absorbed intact into the system and create problems. If you have a cast iron digestive track this is probably less of a problem then for others with gastrointestinal problems. I take personally and recommend to many digestive enzymes. Plant based digestive enzymes (e.g. similase-no commercial interest) work in a wide range of pHs including the stomach. My view on this is contrary to most of the t-mag staff. However if you do forum search on gas or bloating you will see that problems are common which should not be surprising if you are eating >150 grams protein/day. If you do have this kind of problem, try a plant based digestive enzyme e.g. similase and see if it helps.

Oh and acne in many people probably does come from the gut and a good quality probiotic, and some fiber i.e. veggies should do wonders.