Alternate UFC Universe

[quote]ChenZen wrote:
and sorry but the saku fight was total B.S…Pride wants saku/vanderlai 4 that’s all,they couldn’t risk having saku lose.Ken could have easily continued and i would go so far as to say he could have beaten saku.[/quote]

Of course he could have beaten Saku, otherwise the fight wouldn’t have been set up.

OK, it’s Pride, maybe not.

I think the fact that Saku trained at Chute Boxe for this match finally proved that there will thankfully be no more Wandy winning by KTFO over Saku. They look great on the highlight reel, but man did they get old fast.

Re: Sylvia, the interesting thing is that his height/reach is, IMO 90% of his success. Guys are just totally indimidated by it and others who could care less (Mir, Arlovski) can get him to the ground no problem. I’m thinking of Ausserio’s match against Sylvia at the UFN - IIRC Ausserio’s formerly of Chute Boxe which means nothing but aggression (well, aggression and skill, but you know), but he kept jumping to guard and letting Sylvia hold him against the fight in that match.

He’s appeared to be dominant in his previous matches, so I have to wonder why not against Sylvia.

[quote]Cluster wrote:
ChenZen wrote:
and sorry but the saku fight was total B.S…Pride wants saku/vanderlai 4 that’s all,they couldn’t risk having saku lose.Ken could have easily continued and i would go so far as to say he could have beaten saku.

Of course he could have beaten Saku, otherwise the fight wouldn’t have been set up.

OK, it’s Pride, maybe not.

I think the fact that Saku trained at Chute Boxe for this match finally proved that there will thankfully be no more Wandy winning by KTFO over Saku. They look great on the highlight reel, but man did they get old fast.

Re: Sylvia, the interesting thing is that his height/reach is, IMO 90% of his success. Guys are just totally indimidated by it and others who could care less (Mir, Arlovski) can get him to the ground no problem. I’m thinking of Ausserio’s match against Sylvia at the UFN - IIRC Ausserio’s formerly of Chute Boxe which means nothing but aggression (well, aggression and skill, but you know), but he kept jumping to guard and letting Sylvia hold him against the fight in that match.

He’s appeared to be dominant in his previous matches, so I have to wonder why not against Sylvia. [/quote]

I just want to clarify that in no way was ken gonna just walk through saku,but Pride sometimes has some bizarre outcomes to some fights.Everybody likes to scream “work” but in this day in age i don’t think it’s as common as people think,just a whole lot of early stopages and bizarre stand ups.I agree 100 percent as to what you’re saying about sylvia,i posted in the MMA lockeroom about it.I feel sylvia has gotten very far in MMA with a limited skill set but his ridiculous reach throws people off.

Ken did throw the fight against franklin, there are more and more worked fights happening, one of the first was that Yokosuna Koji Katao against Nathan Jones in Pride 1, Nathan Jones admitted it a few years later and Pride were gonna sue him. As for Ken, he was good in his day

[quote]AceQHounddog wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
Ken’s brother was the true badass of the family.

Agreed, Frank Shamrock was a great technician and had some exciting fights. He runs an MMA academy in San Jose, CA I believe. I don’t know if he still competes, though.[/quote]

Frank recently came back into MMA and destroyed the supposedly top class Cesar Gracie in 21 seconds, so much for gracie ju-jitsu

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
danreeves1973 wrote:
Shamrock has been around the game since 93, accordign to his record on Sherdog. He started out in Japan and through the early 90’s was dominating the Pancrase fights in Japan. From 93 through 96 he was 23-3-2. Not too damn shabby.

Since 2000 though he’s 3-5, last loss in Japan agaisnt Sakuraba in 2005.

I thought I saw a graphic of that said he was something like 14-7 going into the Franklin fight. I may be mistaken.[/quote]\

Ken was good when he was all jacked up on the juice and the competition was low. If he was in his prime, he’d still get killed today.

[quote]erauch wrote:
ken threw fight against rich franklin.

hope this helps[/quote]

Please put forth your proof of this wild claim. Otherwise, hang your head.

[quote]pienmash wrote:
AceQHounddog wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
Ken’s brother was the true badass of the family.

Agreed, Frank Shamrock was a great technician and had some exciting fights. He runs an MMA academy in San Jose, CA I believe. I don’t know if he still competes, though.

Frank recently came back into MMA and destroyed the supposedly top class Cesar Gracie in 21 seconds, so much for gracie ju-jitsu
[/quote]

In all fairness Frank Shamrock, while a great fighter, did not beat one of the top rated fighters when he beat Cesar Gracie. Gracie is over 40 and has not had a “real” fight in several years.

to say that shamrock has no skills and was never great is quite the statement. shamrock paved the road for UFC, he helped bring popularity to the sport in north amreica…back in the day when he was in his prime, he used to fight several times a night…which was how UFC was run back then…although he now is past his peek, he wasent the first fighter to be inducted into the UFC hall of fame for no reason, he is a legend now, not a fighter. but give him respect for his contributions.