AlphaGunner's TRT Log

Yes, I have a close family member who is basically in the worst shape someone his age could be in. Not super fat, but heavy, skinny fat , no muscle. Eats crap, drinks smokes cigarettes.

One of his friends gave him a home gym, a nice one actually and I keep trying to get him to use it. Every time we go over, its got clothes hanging on it, or is being used for storage. So I slowly started taking plates. “Hey you gonna use these 35’s?” “well, yea eventually, I probably cant start with that weight, so go ahead” “Oh so you definitely wont need these 45ers then”

Sometimes it takes that rock bottom moment or the threat of actually dying to motivate someone and even then that isnt enough to save them. Your story is another reason why BMI can be bullshit. “Im in the healthy range.”

Unfortunately, that’s where this is headed. To make the matter worse, he hasn’t been to a doctor in years. So more than likely, one day he’s just gonna be fucked. He wont have gradual warning.

Head in the sand. And then he will become a complete burden to the healthcare system and those of us that never get sick will pay more year after year.

1 Like

I just saw that video. Thanks for it.
What rang a bell is towards the end about uric acid. I got uric acid kidney stones in my early 20s. I take allopurinol.

I wonder if there is a connection and “permanent” damage I did and have some degree of insulin resistance since my visceral fat is confirmed with a fatty liver.

How can I reverse this? Metformin?

One of the supplements I use to take, CDG, or turmeric, I cant remember, was suppose to be good for NAFLD. Maybe it was vitamin C… Cant remember, look it up though.

NAFLD and Vitamin D

2 Likes

A weight loss diet with minimal sugar and alcohol (and possibly low milk sugar) should reverse fatty liver.

@mike12

Little update. Since 11/26/18, changed to 56 mg test twice a week. Started to do IM about the second week.

Last week, my libido was insane, felt great, felt motivated. I had no issues with E2. The only thing I noticed were very slight nipple sensitivity, that would be transient.

HOWEVER: I started to feel what I believe is my prostate. It felt like I had a tennis ball up my ass, when I would sit down. Last time I checked DHT it was close to the top of the range, and this was on SQ and 45 twice a week. So I did SUB Q for the last 2 shots and the tightness in my ass went away. BUT so did the great feeling and libido.

Sub Q just is NOT as effective for me. It probably has to do with my higher SHBG.

But on IM, I “felt” the medicine. on SubQ, it was more like a cruise, with no heightened sense of wellbeing or libido.

I think with SUB Q my TT and or FT does not go anywhere near it does on IM.

For now, im sticking with IM and dropping the dose to 50mg twice a week instead of 56 twice a week.

Even on the higher dose, SUB Q instantly brought me back down, libido almost gone, prostate issue gone.

any thoughts?

@NH_Watts @charlie12 @systemlord

That’s crazy dude.

Now im just waiting for this mornings IM shot to take effect. I immediately felt the loss of libido about the 4th day after the sub Q shot. I still feel “ok” but its nowhere comparable to how I felt on IM.

*** I tried an injection on the “teardrop” of my quad. Fairly painless and no PIP so far, rubbed it a little. Wanted to try different areas especially if I am going to stick with IM. Success so far.

1 Like

I switched from subq to im. I felt what you felt. My Shbg is normal at about 25 if that makes any difference.

But not the tennis ball thing. My hct initially went up to almost 49. Then back down to 46-47 after 2 months.

I am doing 50 MG shallow im for a few months now and I like it better than subq.

My free t is higher (though still in range)on im hence why I probably like it better.

I started with delts but had trouble doing my right delt because an right handed and the syringe sux. So I do quads. A lot of area there. Even muscle on side of leg

I thought about trying side of leg, but how far to the “side” do you mean? I wouldn’t want to inject my IT band.

I definitely felt the drop off when I did 1 week of SUB Q. I also thought, maybe I should just keep trying and maybe ill “level out” after 6 weeks. But its hard to imagine, if I felt this big of a difference, that a few weeks would make it better?

We know with this stuff - who the fuck knows

@physioLojik Hey brother, if you get a second, maybe you can answer a question for me?

I had increased my test dose recently and after about 6 weeks, I felt as though my prostate was slightly enlarged. “felt like tennis ball up my ass” … I immediately switched to sub Q to alleviate the problem and it did. My question is, should I have given my body time to adjust to the higher DHT/E2? like we normally do with e2?

@anon10035199 that is a super quick reaction - how long after dropping back to sub q did the feeling subside

about 5 days

Do you think I should hold fast and see if it subsides? It was kinda a knee jerk reaction. ( It literally feels like pressure, a tennis ball up my ass)

I did 2 shots sub Q, got relief, then today I switched back to IM but am doing 50 mg instead of 56.
@physioLojik

@anon10035199 hmm. Have you had a prostate exam recently

Never had one. My PSA was always .6 and only went up to like .8 when I was on 100 mg sub Q in past.

Never had problems before.

That’s why I was suspecting maybe the IM is giving me too high of spikes. In which case I will back down just a little. But IM is working much better for me than SUb Q.