Alpha writes for T-Nation?

[quote]justrob wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:
So… did anyone notice the new soldier-themed article? It’s almost as if someone noticed that the warrior-training idea was a hit…

Yup looks pretty similar to what’s Alpha does - rucking every morning, then heavy strength work, complexes, sprints etc.

Article looks like a great way to get into this sort of training. [/quote]

(you didn’t see what I did there)

Let’s do a quick overview: many people on the site admire Alpha and propose he should write articles. He points out that he submitted an article once. It was ignored, which could be due to the volume of PMs the popular authors on this site receive. So he starts a warrior-training log where he tailors his workouts for combat-training. Many guys on here attempt to follow. However, it has to be said that Alpha doesn’t write for a beginner; you need a well-developed strength and endurance base to even think about trying one of his workouts. Also, I don’t know what his certifications are (experience should count more than it seems to). In any case, just about everyone who reads him is inspired.

So Tmuscle takes the idea that’s inspiring/very popular, Warrior Training, puts someone with a paper certification behind it, and tailors it for beginners so they don’t get sued when Ecty tries a 3X6 300lb squat circuit.

See what I’m saying?

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[quote]justrob wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:
So… did anyone notice the new soldier-themed article? It’s almost as if someone noticed that the warrior-training idea was a hit…

Yup looks pretty similar to what’s Alpha does - rucking every morning, then heavy strength work, complexes, sprints etc.

Article looks like a great way to get into this sort of training. [/quote]

Let’s do a quick overview: many people on the site admire Alpha and propose he should write articles. He points out that he submitted an article once. It was ignored, which could be due to the volume of PMs the popular authors on this site receive. So he starts a warrior-training log where he tailors his workouts for combat-training. Many guys on here attempt to follow. However, it has to be said that Alpha doesn’t write for a beginner; you need a well-developed strength and endurance base to even think about trying one of his workouts. Also, I don’t know what his certifications are (experience should count more than it seems to). In any case, just about everyone who reads him is inspired.

So Tmuscle takes the idea that’s inspiring/very popular, Warrior Training, puts someone with a paper certification behind it, and tailors it for beginners so they don’t get sued when Ecty tries a 3X6 300lb squat circuit.

See what I’m saying?
[/quote]
I was ponderin such a thought to mah’ self earlier tuday.

Damn it…that picture just made me spray my keyboard with coffee. LOL

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[/quote]

True, good call. Hopefully a lead in to Alpha coming on board as a writer.

Ha! Yeah the stuff in that article looks kinda familiar…

And I am happy someone is putting stuff out there for beginners, i just refuse to cater to them. In my profession i work with the top third of the top third. and honestly that is where I am happy.

But for those of you who care about letters behind names, I have my Certs through ACE, ISSA, NSPA, FLET-C, and other areas of the Federal Government…Seem good enough for my place of work. like i said, I am thinking about submitting some more articles…

[quote]Alpha wrote:
In my profession i work with the top third of the top third. and honestly that is where I am happy.
[/quote]

You cut that arithmetic shit out RIGHT NOW, YOU HEAR ME?

I apologize sir, it will not happen again.

[quote]Oleena wrote:
[

See what I’m saying?
[/quote]

Yipes, that’s a hum-dinger of a conspiracy theory – but a false one.

Stephane submitted that Solider piece to TC a while ago. I know, cause I edited it.

Alpha, TC is away right now, so you can send your article to me (bkmuscle@gmail.com)

I’ll make sure it gets a solid look-see.

Bryan

[quote]Bryan Krahn wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:
[

See what I’m saying?
[/quote]

Yipes, that’s a hum-dinger of a conspiracy theory – but a false one.

Stephane submitted that Solider piece to TC a while ago. I know, cause I edited it.

Alpha, TC is away right now, so you can send your article to me (bkmuscle@gmail.com)

I’ll make sure it gets a solid look-see.

Bryan[/quote]

Awesome. That’s good to hear.

BTW, what’s T NATION’s stance about publishing things aimed at those who have been lifting for years as opposed to the beginners? I ask because I’ve haven’t seen many programs strictly for the top performers and I can see the benefit of that.

[quote]Oleena wrote:

BTW, what’s T NATION’s stance about publishing things aimed at those who have been lifting for years as opposed to the beginners? I ask because I’ve haven’t seen many programs strictly for the top performers and I can see the benefit of that. [/quote]

Most coaches work with novice to intermediate athletes, so that’s what they write about.

But if it’s good, solid info and well written, we’ll publish it. Plain and simple.

Granted, really niche programs (How I went from a 940-pound deadlift to 975) is only going to benefit a very specific reader, but I for one still think stuff like that is cool.

[quote]Bryan Krahn wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

BTW, what’s T NATION’s stance about publishing things aimed at those who have been lifting for years as opposed to the beginners? I ask because I’ve haven’t seen many programs strictly for the top performers and I can see the benefit of that. [/quote]

Most coaches work with novice to intermediate athletes, so that’s what they write about.

But if it’s good, solid info and well written, we’ll publish it. Plain and simple.

Granted, really niche programs (How I went from a 940-pound deadlift to 975) is only going to benefit a very specific reader, but I for one still think stuff like that is cool.

[/quote]

That’s what I thought. Although, one thing that makes Alpha perfect for the task is his ability to inspire anyone while writing for the elite.