Alpha V

Whoa, been following your logs for like 6 years, never heard you mention that before!

Def should do a vid on that -what you learned,dicipline, benefits, usefulness/limitations(useless?) in street confrontation/real world etc etc

Combinations/ conditioning workouts for muay thai would be good on youtube also, your power from strongman will look insane on the heavy bag. Maybe get an unsupecting volunteer to hold up some pads and try not to murder them! :wink: :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

@Blackiebluewings Thank so much brother!

@T3hPwnisher Absolutely dude, I will help you every way i can!

@RampantBadger Hahah that might be a good idea man, thanks!

=====================================================

In this Video I cover some of the Recovery Techniques I use so that i can optimize each workout. If you can draw more from every session then you will be a much stronger and bigger athlete for doing so. It will also help you stay injury-free!

MONDAY, 10APRIL2017 - Work For Today

STRONGMAN - Keg Trows…Lots of them

STRENGTH
Weighted Pull-Ups: 50x3, 95x3, 120x3, 140x3, 165x3
Continental Clean & Press: 135x1, 225x1, 275x1, 315x1, 360x1 (PR)
Ab Wheel Roll-Outs: Sets of 10

ASSISTANCE
60 Dips
60 Push-Ups
20 Grenade Pull-Ups

50 Dips
50 Push-Ups
20 Grenade Pull-Ups

40 Dips
40 Push-Ups
20 Grenade Pull-Ups

NOTES:

• The Axle Continental Clean & Press was absolutely Brutal! Ugly but it went. I will give the instgram below.

• Keg Throws were also fun, you can see one of them at the beginning of the Recovery video I linked about.

-Overall decent day. Very happy for the PR!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSt7CDMhDTe/?taken-by=neversate

5 Likes

Hey Brother, Got a question for ya.

Preparing for some Screener type stuff in about a year or so, lots of cardio and bodyweight stuff. I am doing a ton of running, mainly Sprints or medium Intervals with a long run once or twice a week. Hitting the Pool as well.

Ive heard from a lot of people to look into doing some Walking with a weight vest. Supposedly builds the lower back a ton. Any experience with that? If so, what weight vest would you get? (Like brand and actual lbs) My head always says heavier=Better, but I also do not have a very smart head…

Putting out some great stuff man, awesome to watch your journey. If you ever compete in fighting again, would love to see some of that caught on camera.

Not Alpha but I am a big fan of weight vests and highly recommend them. Walking with one is surprisingly tiring and it is great for loading bodyweight movements like pull-ups and dips. Here is what I use: http://www.titan.fitness/50lb-weight-vest.html

1 Like

@atlas13 Man, i walked a few miles every single morning for about 5 years. I am a huge advocated of them and think they do a ton to help reduce body fat and make you stronger. I personally use a V-Force short version with 50lbs. More than that and you may hurt yourself with regular use. You can pick one up at Weightvest.com and like I said. I have used mine A TON and it looks as good as it did when it was new.

I hope that helps man!

@ultimatethor Thanks for sharing that man, I have never tried that brand but great suggestion!

=======================================================

So You Want Abs? As an Addition to my First Core Video from a few months ago, here are 4 more Ab Variations to help you get that 6 pack for summer and they will also help drive up your Squat and Deadlift numbers! I hope some of you will find these helpful!

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, almost teary eyed at your recent success with youtube and stuff.

I know you’re just getting started though, this summer is gonna be a brutal one for training. You got a lot on your plate! Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

Also, what’s the deal with nationals btw? I can’t remember if you qualified from last years MSM or if you have to find a random show to qualify this time?

4 Likes

Finally, the Human Flag T-Nation deserves! :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Alpha, quite a few of the members on here and been doing this crossfit wod, Grace, with an axle. Basically it’s a 135lbs axle clean and press(leg drive or whatever) for 30 reps as fast as possible. I figured it wouldn’t hurt for you to try it since it’ll take under 5 minutes and it would make for some fun (for us to watch) conditioning. That and I’m sure at least a few of us would like to see how fast you’ll complete it.

2 Likes

$20 says he would be sub 2mins.

3 Likes

I said that in case he decided to do it blind folded the day after having foot surgery after being rudely awoken at 4am or something insane like that. :troll:

2 Likes

Hell even better, I’m willing to pay $20 if he can fit the entire thing in an Instagram video (60 seconds).

1 Like

Got a 50lb short weight vest on the way. Thanks for the advice!

Just for saying that, now he probably will. ALL IN A HANDSTAND FOR THE BOIIIIIIIIZ

1 Like

@strongmanvinny2 Dude, I feel so overwhelmed with how cool all of the support has been, especially from guys like yourself! And I have not qualified yet. I am actually considering going Heavyweight for my next show so that i can compete at Nationals as a 265er. I need to get the ok from my coaches and sponsors then i may go for it!

@punnyguy Hahaha thanks man!

@Benanything Yea man, I’d be down for trying that after my comp!

@littlesleeper Hahah I don’t have a clue man! Hopefully!

@atlas13 That is awesome man!

@oldbeancam Hahah i don’t even know what that means!

=====================================================
Latest Video where I Give some tips on Pulling some Trucks, Then Throw some Kegs around and Hit an Axle Continental Clean & Press PR! Thanks for the Support Everyone!

2 Likes

The subscription number on your page has been going crazy! I enjoyed being up there a couple weeks ago and hope I can head up again soon. Although I was honestly beat up for 3 or 4 days.
Loving the videos!

1 Like

@Roran Thank you so much man! i can’t believe how it is growing! Hopefully it keeps going this way!

======================================================
If any of you have ever wondered why I called my Gym NEVERsate, this is what it stand for… This is what I stand for… And for those of you interested in being part of the movement, we just released 2 new T-Shirts. As always, I appreciate the support people, Much Love.

5 Likes

Hell yeah!

I was watching your “Rise” video while ordering both T-shirts, and I had goosebumps. Awesome vid.

I hope it isn’t weird that I may mp3 this video for my iPod for future motivation.

1 Like

Made the mistake of listening to this before I went to bed. Now I’m just lying here too pumped up to sleep. I’ll have to use this motivation for my 5am start! Thanks alpha, keep knocking out the great stuff

1 Like

These days, I only buy 100% cotton, and I only buy plain stuff with nothing on them.

That said, I now have 2 hoodies, and all 3 of your T-shirts. Gots to put my money where my mouth is when showing support for someone so worthy.

You 'da man. :+1:

3 Likes

Alpha… putting the Alpha in Alpha male.

Edit: 1,000th post. Boom.

2 Likes