Alpha V

Hey littlesleeper, Canadian here too. I can’t find the support button either but while looking around youtubes help section I did find a list of countries that support the “support button”. Canada wasn’t on the list.
I guess we’ll just have to wait till alpha can ship his shirts internationally

1 Like

What a great idea man. I didn’t even know that existed. In

Hey Brian, hope you’re doing well for Nationals so far. Wanted to ask for your permission to use your likeness for a silhouette on some strongman competition tee I’m trying to design for my school.

Here’s the silhouette I’ll most likely be using and I figured I’d add “Neversate Athletics” above it since it literally takes no effort whatsoever. Feel free to use this picture if you like it, it’d be a huge compliment haha!

2 Likes

Alpha, how’d you make out?
Saw your Instagram post. Said you were approx. middle of the pack as of the first day.
Were you able to move up?

Thank you to everyone for all of the Support for this Event! I didn’t finish as well as I would have hoped but I did my best… the other guys’ “best” were just better. No excuses, I just need to step up my gameI Here are my Thoughts and Event Footage from the 2016 Strongman National Championships.

10 Likes

Well done mate. You have it your all and that’s all anyone can ask for, or give. Keep getting after it

1 Like

You’ve got much work to do, sure, but if hard times picked a man to get that fucking work done, it would pick you.

2017 has a lot in store for you. Very eager to see how much you improve and to keep seeing your videos pop up in my subscriptions.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you’ve had a rough few days, but you’re still as much as an inspiration as ever, if not more so. Keep killing it.

The world could use more people with your attitude and work ethic.

That’s too bad about the lack of sleep, can’t exactly get away with not being 100% at that level of competition. It amazes me that there are that many people of your caliber in the 231 class.

Looking forward to continuing to follow along with your journey!

Looked like a very tough competition, kudos for your brutal honesty in that video.

Also its admirable to hang with these guys at all. -The gear makes more than ‘1 level’ of difference: the guys in their 30s will have many cycles under their belt which means not just building more strength over time, but they will have been able to cut down harder and then on game day will have discovered which combinations give them the biggest performance boost.

1 Like

I don’t follow strongman and powerlifting all that much to know the records,so that video really blew my mind.You are one of the strongest guys at t nation and you didn’t reach top 10.Wtf how strong are these people?
Still,great work Alpha

2 Likes

You said those guys were better than you were at that time. Great mindset, and fantastic determination at work here.

Your readers are easily proud to know you.

2 Likes

I’ve always admired your frankness and ability to self-assess better than most people.

I’m sure you’ll do better next year and I would be downright shocked if you don’t break the top 5 at some point in the future.

You’re at the top in my book bud. You remain an inspiration, leader, and role model. Great effort, just not your day. I’m also a bit surprised that it’s so competitive. Obviously, I live in a small pond. I look forward to your plans for upping the ante in the future. Thanks for everything you put out, really makes a difference to me, and obviously others as well.

Awesome man. I know you didn’t come in where you wanted, but no one can say you didn’t give it your all. Hell, some of those top guys have been at this sport for decades and you’ve only been at it a few years and can STILL compete at that level; that’s amazing. Thanks for all of the content you put out, and I’m looking forward to seeing where you take your training from here now that you’ve got such a solid idea of where you need to be.

Sorry you didn’t finish where you wanted dude, but congrats on having the stones to want to test yourself against the best. And you’ve been in the sport what 2 years? That’s pretty amazing to even make it to that level. And best of all you’re doing things your way (natty etc). As others have said, can’t believe there are that many guys better than you. But you remain the benchmark for badassery in my life!

Fwiw, I have to agree with what RampantBadger said; BUT, I totally think that makes you a unique example of what is possible if anyone is actually willing to put 100% of (crazy!) effort out there.

I also agree that as far as experience in a sport, you’re practically a babe in the woods! From your video, it seems like you made a bunch of “little” errors, starting with your weight cut (too much), then your strategy in the events, that added up to a bigger gap in the desired result. Perhaps a coach before the next nationals? There’s a reason even the best doctors don’t self-diagnose and medicate…

Finally, I just want to point out that even though you “only” have about 9K subscribers, the amount of views you get for each video is a very high number relative to that. There are a ton of people with a gazillion # of subscribers but not that many views on their videos. This speaks to the high quality of your work -Keep going Strong!

p.s. looking forward to your collab with Thrall, that should be great: Thrall trains at Supertraining once a week now I think, so perhaps you can go train there with him-and then who knows where that might lead…

Tim_Tom Thanks brother, i appreciate that!

strongmanvinny2 Thanks brother, that means lot, we will see what the next step is.

Roran Thanks man, you know me…I’m just going to keep trying to get better every day.

littlesleeper Dude, you would be amazed by how deep the pool actually is. I’m still in the shallow end

@RampantBadger Thanks man but we all make our choices. No amount of gear in the world would have gotten me to where I needed to be. i just simps need to get better.

@stronkfak You would be amazed man. Nigeria’s Strongest man trains out of my gym. there he is the best guy in his country. Here he is average. The pool is deep my friend…

@biker Thanks man, i really appreciate that!

@anon50325502 Man, that would be amazing! Time will tell brother!

@Betabill Yea man, the 231 class in America has got to be one of the toughest out there. One guy I know didn’t have very good success in the 231 class so he jumped up ti the 265 class and just finished as one of the top 10 in the nation. The pool is deep…

@TX_iron Thanks man, it really means a lot that you would say that!

@justrob Thanks man, i really appreciate the kind words!

@punnyguy Thanks man and yea, i will start saving for that collaboration trip and am going to make it happen as soon as I can. I would definitely be interested in a strongman coach but I am pretty much the top guy in my area. But I really appreciate the kind words man!

===================================================

So a friend of mine actually broke down the scores at the Event and as it turns out, if I just would have gotten a few more reps on the Circus Dumbbell, 1 more rep on the deadlift, made up 2 seconds on the yoke and didn’t drop the stone, I would definitely be within the top 10. A few mistakes took me from the Arnold to 23rd place. That is how tight things are. But top guys don’t make those mistakes. Hopefully in the future i won’t either…

Monday I went in to lift but my body just isn’t ready. Foot sucks and I was exhausted from the comp/travel/weight cut ad everything.

Tuesday I hit a bunch of the Yoke/Frame Carry medley and it went really well.

Yesterday I went in to hit some axle OHP and couldn’t even do 335…That is 50lbs off my PR…My body is just not ready yet…Hopefully it will be good and I can drop the 20lbs I gained back within 15 days before Maryland’s Strongest man. If I am feeling good, I am going to do it. If my foot doesn’t calm down, I am not. Time will tell.

I taped and edited an entire programming video but didn’t have the computer space to save it so i started deleting stuff. I messed up, did some bad stuff and lot the video…I think i can do a better job with it anyway…Sigh…

But tomorrow is a new day and I am going to attack it just like every other one!

Thanks again for all of the support guys!

4 Likes

I was thinking that a few more reps here and there and a few less mistakes would’ve put you there. So, even though you finished 13 spots lower than necessary you were close. It doesn’t seem like you are physically incapable, just not as experienced as a lot of these guys. You are going to crush it with another year under your belt.

Any chance you would go up a class?

@heretolog Nah man. 231 is the most competitive. if i moved up in class I feel like it would be like running from the challenge

1 Like