Alpha V

Anyone else sees the cake beside Alpha’s name? What’s that about?

They know he is on a cut and are tempting him.

Naw I think it shows up on the day you register every year (like your forum birthday)

2 Likes

Congrats on having been on T-Nation for 14 years Alpha!

2 Likes

I was about to ask what this piece of cake was…
Holy sht 14 years is a long time.Congrats Alpha,many of us look up to you for your work ethic and consistency

Where in Iowa is the competition at?

@Roran Thanks brother, i am hoping to finish in the top 3rd of the pack there…As long as i don’t screw up.

@Benanything Like people said, i think because it is my join birthday…wow 14 years. i can almost drive a car for as long as I have been keeping training logs!

@Lonnie123 I am not completely sure but I think you are right on this one my friend.

@Benanything What’s funny s that i have been part of it even before then…Back in the T-Mag days. 14 Years is a long time to keep a training log!

@stronkfak Thanks man, i really appreciate that!
@thebeastini I am not sure. I fly into Milan Airport and get a hotel shuttle from there. It is right off of the Mississippi River.

=========================================================

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” --Robert Brault

“Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” --T.S. Eliot

FRIDAY - 14OCTOBER2016 - Work For Today

STREGTH - Giant Set
9 Box Jumps to a 40" Box
Pause Squat: 135, 225, 313, 405, 500, 585, 635 (Vid Below)
10 Ab Wheel Roll-Outs

STRONGMAN - Worked the keg Medley for Maryland’s Strongest Man
Best time out of my runs was 16.24 seconds

NOTES:

• I am really glad to hit a heavy pause squat this deep into the cut and to hit a PR on that keg medley. Hopefully some good things are coming my way.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLjimadjmRz/?taken-by=neversate

3 Likes

What’s your current squat max?

Also, Here is the article on Matt Krocs water weight cut in the hotel room.

@Lonnie123 Currently it is setting at 680 but I have a strong feeling that it is probably higher than that, I just need to get past these contests so i can test it. And thank you very much for the Link to the article!

=====================================================

I would like to tell you guys that i have bee killing it in the gym, but sadly I have some sort of head cold/flu thing so it has mainly been at a lot of time on the air assault bike and rucking with the weighted vest on. But good news it that I am finally starting to drop some weight!

For those of you interested, here is part 1 of a 3 part series i will be doing on the bench press. The tips I will be covering have taken my bench from poverty level to a 505lb PR a little while ago. Hopefully some of you will find them helpful!

5 Likes

Enjoyed that bench video, I have got what I think is decent form at this point but there are definitely a few pointers in there that I am going to try and incorporate for tomorrow!

@heretolog Thanks man, i am really glad you found the tips helpful. part two should be better than the first and should give you even more ideas of stuff to try out! Thanks for checking it out man!

=======================================================
Some people think I used to train like a Bodybuilder, some people think I was into powerlifting, others think I was born looking like this…None of them are true. Here is a story about my lifting Journey over the past 23 Years and I even include a picture of what I looked like at 15. There is hope for all of you skinny teenagers out there!

4 Likes

Thanks for the vid, enjoyed it.

Here is the Waterbury Summer Project your referenced if anyone wants to check it out… I cant believe its 10 years old now!

This video is a great example of how close strength and size are,and why it’s in the best interest of people looking to get big to go after a strong deadlift,squat,overhead press,row ect rather that focusing on blasting body parts

I’m sure I’ve either read it and forgot or completely missed it but:

What changes are you going to make in your training for your week leading up to Nationals?

That might just be my favorite video of you yet! Amazing how thinks work out.
Btw, I saw your instagram. Only 9 lbs to cut??? What happened, last time I chimed in you seemed like you barely lost weight at all.
Nevertheless, I’m pumped you will be on that stage again and don’t have to torture yourself too much on the cut.

Keep rocking (those abs)!

@Lonnie123 Thanks man, that was like looking back at an old journal…I learned so much through that! Can’t believe it was 10 years old!

@stronkfak I totally agree. people would get so much further if they were willing to shift their paradigm and give it a try. A lot of what i see people doing is just a simple waste of time!

@littlesleeper Well as you will read below, I run through the events and then I deload. And when I deload, I do nothing. Like absolutely nothing.

@Panopticum Yea man, the cut has been brutal. 11 weeks where i didn’t drop anything. Like not a pound. Then last week I started dropping a few and Friday I started the water cut. I should be there…Don’t have too many doubts about that!

=======================================

So yesterday I went in and Just ran through all of the events to see how they feel with 50% type of weights. Focusing on technique and speed. Now it is time to deload, cut weight and jump on a plane. I am hoping to put a video out about my water cut before I leave but time will tell if I can fit it in. Time is definitely short though.

If you guys were wondering what Pano was talking about, here is a pic from instagram. I am still 9 pounds over and this is right before i start the water cut. So i will be 9 pounds lighter and a good amount leaner/dryer by Wednesday.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BL2Ga7UDekI/?taken-by=neversate

7 Likes

BTW, that pic has more badass than badass gets. Great luck at the comp, I can’t imagine someone else deserves the win more!

Kick ass my man! Best wishes as always!

Good luck @Alpha! :slight_smile:

@Panopticum Thanks brother, I really appreciate that!

@Betabill Thanks man! I am going to do my best!

@furo Thanks brother!

===================================================
So I promised that I would Make a video about my water cut before nationals and a promise is a promise. I also included a physique update and walk you guys through how I go about the entire process.

Off to Nationals…

1 Like

Travel safe.
Climb to Greatness!