Alpha V

@stronkfak Hahaha thank man, but it never does…This definitely isn’t my first rodeo. It will come back as I recover more. But thanks brother!

=================================================
If you have ever wondered about Farmer’s Walks or how you could be better at them, I cover the basics here. Turns, Tips and Tricks. Check it out if you are interested!

3 Likes

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” --Albert Camus

WEDNESDAY, 21SEPTEMBER2016 - Work For Today

STRONGMAN GIANT SET
Axle Continental Clean & Press 135, 225, 275, 300, 315, 335, 355 (PR)
Glute Ham Raise Sit-Ups: 10 each set
Keg Throws: 4 A set

CONDITIONING
With a 50lb Weight vest on
At the top of every minute for 10 Minutes
5 Pull-Ups
10 pusl-Ups
15 Squats

NOTES:

• Well the Continental PR was unexpected! i was just planning on working up to 300lbs to hey something heavy from the ground to overhead but it was smooth so i jumped to 335 and that went better than 315…So of course I went for 355 and I definitely have more in the tank than that! I have this event at Maryland’s Strongest man for max weight…Feeling pretty decent with these kinds of weights…At least on that event!

• Conditioning was fine but weight is still being stubborn. Was 243 after getting home from coaching tonight. I need to be in the 230’s soon or the water cut isn’t going to be much fun at all!

Here is a quick vid of the 355 Axle Continental Clean & Press
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKoSIycgBMk/?taken-by=neversate

1 Like

Monster press Alpha. Great PR. You always continental with the full grip? I’ve been playing between full and false, trying to get a feel for things.

Can’t wait to see the damage you do at Nationals.

@T3hPwnisher Yea man, i do everything with a full grip. I saw that you were playing around with that over in your log. Do you like it better that way?

I’m still sorting it out, since the movement is so new to me. False grip feels smoother on the second pull, but I’m curious if full grip will become necessary as the weight gets heavier. It’s re-assuring to see you pull it off so well. I’m always willing to steal something from you, haha.

@T3hPwnisher Hahah man, i will have to try the false grip to see if it works any better! And Steal away!

========================================================
For all of you who have asked what a typical day of my eating looks like…Here you go

1 Like

Sorry about your first dislike on a video. You know the three things you can’t discuss in good company are religion, politics, and nutrition haha.
I really enjoyed it though, it reminded me of your second log when you were overseas every other day and still getting stronger. I hope enough people got the message that if you want something bad enough you’ll make it work.

I hope Nationals goes well!

@Roran Hahah man, it’s no problem. Hate is always going to be there. I just couldn’t believe how many subscribers i lost because I was using the term “Dead Animals” instead of meat or chicken…You can’t please everybody and this too shall pass!

====================================================
“You’ll learn as you get older, that rules are made to be broken. Be bold enough to to live life on your own terms, and never, ever apologize for it. Go against the grain, refuse to conform, take the road less traveled instead of the well-beaten path. Laugh in the face of adversity, and leap before you look. March to the beat of your own drummer, and stubbornly refuse to fit in.” --Mandy Hale

FRIDAY, 24SEPTEMBER2016 - Work For Today

AM - :30 Minutes Fasted Cardio with a 50 lb weight vest on

PM - STRONGMAN
5 Rounds of Truck Pull. 4 Clicks on the Emergency Break. 3 was too light, 5 made it an immovable object!

CONDITIONING - 5 Rounds
6 Pull-Ups
6 Sumo Deadlift High-Pulls
6 Burpee Lateral jumps
100 Foot Sandbag Carry @ 200lbs

MORE CONDITIONING
10 Hill Sprints with a 50lb Weight Vest on.

NOTES:

• Kicking up the conditioning today because i want to see that weight number drop…Definitely coming into this years nationals bigger, stronger and better conditioned than ever…As long as I don’t screw up and drop something or make some other idiot mistake, I think I have a good shot at finishing in the top 3rd of the class!

Here is an instagram of some of the truck pulls from today
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKtYfkaA3ya/?taken-by=neversate

NEVERsate@Gmail.com -dieEMPTY-

2 Likes

I was skimming and started the video and literally laughed out loud when I saw you reach up for the grenades with all that weight. (It was an appreciation cackle #awesome.) I think I will add in some towel pullups since I dont have the grenades.

Maybe after Nationals and Maryland’s strongest man :wink: : Enter For Your Chance To Compete In Strength Wars!

1 Like

Alpha, man. You seriously gotta sign up. I just know that this is gonna be your moment to shine.

@BOTSLAYER Hahaha I am glad you liked it brother and definitely do that! They Help a ton!

@Koestrizer Yea man, i just responded on their Facebook page. We will see if I hear anything from them

@Benanything Yea man, like I said above, I responded on their Facebook page, but i have never even heard of/seen these guys until you guys mentioned them so i am not really sure how it works. I am sure they get in contact with you…Not the other way around. We will see what happens and if any of it pans out. Right now I am looking at Nationals, then Maryland’s Strongest man, then Flying out to Sacramento to do a collab with Alan Thrall and maybe some other people, then (hopefully) the Arnold Classic…all while working 16 hour days, 6 days a week running my gym, online personal training, website, youtube and everything else…If they reach out to me and schedules line up then I am definitely in. Just don’t know how I am going to fit it all in! We will see…

=================================================
Throwing things, Dragging Things and an Overhead Press PR…Latest Training Log From NEVERsate Athletics

3 Likes

Great video Alpha.Your diet is really interesting
At the moment high carbs do the work for me(mostly boiled beans and rice).The reason for eating like that is mostly cause my father pays for my food at the moment and I feel bad as it is,so I try to ask him for as little as possible though.In the next few months,that I’ll probably have a steady income,I’ll do a two month or so experiment with that diet,logging evbery day to see how it will work for me and give t nation friends some extra info on this type of diet

Just stopping by to say I love your videos. Don’t be discouraged by the relatively low views - strongman tips and techniques is a pretty niche area so it won’t have mass appeal, but the people who do watch are thankful for what you do (on some videos you have something like 900 likes/0 dislikes from 6000 views which is probably the highest ratio I’ve seen anywhere). Keep up the excellent content and the views will come, and it’s good exposure for your gym in any case.

All the best.

@stronkfak Right on man, the cool think is that you have food to eat at all. Most of the world doesn’t, so we are both very fortunate. Give it a shot when you have the funds and you will be shocked at how much stronger and better you feel.

====================================================
“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” --Marcus Aurelius

“It is not death a man should fear but he should fear never beginning to live.” --Marcus Aurelius

MONDAY, 26SEPTEMBER2016 - Work For Today

Did a lot of Car Deadlifts.

Some with a Scion
Some with a F150 Pick-Ups Truck
Some With a Carolla
Some with a acura…

The heaviest was with the Pick-up truck. A standard 4 door jeep has still been the heaviest car (without weight added ) that i have hit. Didn’t even try my jeep today…Stupid Jeep!

1 Like

Giving my opinion where it usually isn’t wanted…Here is a Case For Conditioning and why I think it is invaluable for Powerlifters, Strongmen, your Grandmother and Batman. I explain how I implement it into my training and why you should as well. Check it out if you are interested.

9 Likes

That is probably my favourite video yet. What you said from 9:50 is so true and goes above and beyond just what you do in the gym.

That conditioning video= best thing ever.

It’s truly amazing how empowering it is to bring yourself to the brink of passing out (or quitting) from conditioning work. Every chance I get, I come up with new weird combinations of exercises, and I lay out the parameters BEFORE I do anything, so it’s almost like roulette; not knowing how hard it will be, but sticking with it to the end is truly paramount in mental fortitude.

After reading the reviews, I had to get home and watch the video, and it was phenomenal. The rant at the end was especially on point, and I hope and PRAY that having someone like you out there saying it might give it SOME staying power.

I am certain you will be met with dozens of replies saying that you can only get away with how you train because of genetics, but there is so much truth to it. We need more folks to adopt it and realize how silly they look flopped out on the floor when they could just go bust their ass and do something productive.

Keep it up Alpha. Looking forward to when your new shirts come out. Ever since you called my wife a keeper, she’s been a fan of yours, and has given me the thumbs up on buying all of your gear, haha.

2 Likes

The most disturbing part of this is that people as weak/fickle as this are watching your training videos. You didn’t lose anything man, you just thinned the herd a bit.

3 Likes