Alpha Male or ZMA to AUS?

You can’t order just one dog! You have to at least spend a few hundred otherwise the shipping beats you like mundine! My bro races V8’s in NZ so we shipped to NZ last year for the old Alpha and Spike when it came out, but we still got raped by NZ customs for the order.

We just ordered the new Alpha Male, Spike and Flameout direct and the shipping was still $38. Even that shit out and you are only paying $55US ($72AUS) for the Alpha that you can’t get here. So just order enough to save you, Biotest shit is that good that you’ll always find someone to buy it off you if you’ve got too much.

Yeah that’s true. I need to start buying in bulk. I just don’t know how big shipments are handled. Bigger shipments would cost more wouldn’t they?

I’m gonna place an order to this week for a bunch of stuff. I’m glad they are finally shipping to Aus !!

[quote]Eclectic wrote:
Yeah that’s true. I need to start buying in bulk. I just don’t know how big shipments are handled. Bigger shipments would cost more wouldn’t they?[/quote]

My last order was 2 x Alpha Male (new version), 2 x ZMA, 1 x Spike and 2 boxes of MD Bars. The postage on that was about US$47. Total for that order (including postage) was US$230 (about AUD$306) which wouldn’t have even got me my Alpha Male (old version) and the Spike from an Australian source.

Shit! That’s a butt-load of shipping costs. OK here is what you have to do when orderring overseas…

If shipping is by weight, DON’T order boxes of bars and a whole heap of heavy stuff, you’ll get raped hard for shipping. Besides you can buy all that bulky crap or something like it over here anyway.

This is how we do it. Order your pills (Alpha Male, Spike, Flameout, etc) from Biotest and maybe get the rest of your bulky stuff from other sources. You have to order big enough to get courier shipping but it all works out cheaper. You just have to crunch some numbers before you purchase stuff.

Hope that helps a bit.

Sorry helga, that wasn’t for you. That was for eclectic.

theres a good (read long) thread on another bodybuilding website on what aussies have had seized & whats gotten through. General consensus is its luck of the draw.

The TGA website has a list of prohibited imports, under aphrodisiacs, yohimbine is listed - but you can buy plain yohimbine direct from aussie bb/health sites - try a google.com.au search & you can see its availble in australia. in conclusion, customs suck.

As mentioned in my earlier post I have ordered the new Alpha Male, Spike and some Metabolic Drive bars containing whey. These seem to be the items that people have raised concerns about so I will bump the thread when (and if) my stuff arrives and let you know how it went.

[quote]helga wrote:
As mentioned in my earlier post I have ordered the new Alpha Male, Spike and some Metabolic Drive bars containing whey. These seem to be the items that people have raised concerns about so I will bump the thread when (and if) my stuff arrives and let you know how it went.[/quote]

i think you’ll be ok. im definitely interested in the new HOT-ROX Extreme… ill give the TGA a call & see what they have to say…

just emailed the TGA with the HRX label. i work in international freight / trade so they should reply pretty quick. i prob. shouldnt have brought this to their attention, but either ACS will seize it, or they wont & id like to save you all some $$$ & hassle.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
just emailed the TGA with the HRX label. i work in international freight / trade so they should reply pretty quick. i prob. shouldnt have brought this to their attention, but either ACS will seize it, or they wont & id like to save you all some $$$ & hassle.[/quote]

You are a good man to have on our side.

Thanks Mate!

I was going to order some HRX tomorrow but I’ll wait to see what kind of answer you get. I’m in Tassie so I’m even further away!

Ive bought HOT-ROX, spike and TRIBEX from overseas no worries.

You are limited to enough for 3 month supply without raising questions.

If they seaze your supplement you should receive notification in the mail. Now heres the tricky part. If it was literally steroids you shouldnt ring them and ask for your stuff back. However if it were say HOT-ROX i WOULD ring them and make them justify why i can’t import it but can buy it OTC and to give me my damn supps. In which case i actually think they would.

If it is not specifically illegal and they cant justify exactly why it isnt allowed in they have no business taking it.

You shouldnt have any problems with ANY of the Biotest supps getting in. Maybe anaconda when it comes out…

No problems.

I’d like to see if the new HOT-ROX would get through. Has anyone tried?

I know the new Alpha Male is no problem, in fact I don’t even think they opened the box. I did order Alpha Male and HOT-ROX from Ebay before the Aussie shipment option came out. And each time they opened the box at customs to see what’s inside.

Its the yohimbine in HRX thats going to be an issue. TGA havent gotten back to me yet, probably because its Monday. ill let you all know the outcome as soon as i do. if they dont like it, ill definitely argue you can already buy it as an independant supplement, in more potent dosages… hopefully they wont.

[quote]Eclectic wrote:
helga wrote:
gotaknife wrote:
Eclectic wrote:
I only order from the T-Nation site if I’m getting some of the newer products. The price ends up being almost the same because the shipping costs are much higher if you order from T-Nation.

Really?! I tried to crunch the numbers and to me it seems that ordering light stuff in numbers, like 4 pill containers, would be WAY cheaper then Biotest Australia. I didn’t look at the protein powder though, maybe this would be cheaper because it is so heavy. Shipping is about $16USD for the first lb and about $4USD per lb thereafter. So it seems to me that as long as you order in bulk there are big savings to be had.

Anyway ill order some ZMA + Alpha Male and see how we go.
Cheers everyone.

I just placed an order and my guess is that after postage I have saved about AUD$80.00 ordering from T-Nation. It is a decent size order so I dont know the comparison between here and biotestaustralia.com but it is not hard to work it out. I forgot to put a T-Shirt in my order though. Damn. I will have to remember next time.

Me Alpha Male just arrived. Well, I did save a little bit. I’m simply assuming that ordering protein powders or supplements in higher quantities would be pricey.

Depends on the product, though. Alpha Male from the Australian site costs $125 AUD plus $9AUD for the shipping. That’s overkill.

The Alpha Male I bought from the T-Nation site cost me $49.95 for the product and another $31US for the shipping. There was another shipping option, and that was $36US.

So, I’m not entirely sure how much $81US is in Australian dollars but I think it comes pretty close to the price from Biotest Australia.

I think the only thing that really comes cheap from Biotest Australia is the protein. Costs about as much as the crap you might buy in the health food stores but it’s way better.[/quote]

I just ordered the new Alpha Male from Biotest Australia and it was only $94.95. At that price,it works out cheaper that from T-Nation and no customs hassles.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
Its the yohimbine in HRX thats going to be an issue. TGA havent gotten back to me yet, probably because its Monday. ill let you all know the outcome as soon as i do. if they dont like it, ill definitely argue you can already buy it as an independant supplement, in more potent dosages… hopefully they wont.[/quote]

Just spoke to TGA and they confirmed that yohimbine is banned. Bugger!!

[quote]bman25 wrote:
sjfou wrote:
Its the yohimbine in HRX thats going to be an issue. TGA havent gotten back to me yet, probably because its Monday. ill let you all know the outcome as soon as i do. if they dont like it, ill definitely argue you can already buy it as an independant supplement, in more potent dosages… hopefully they wont.

Just spoke to TGA and they confirmed that yohimbine is banned. Bugger!!

[/quote]

mate, i was just about to say the same thing. the explanation is quite long, i can PM or email it to anyone who wants to read it in length. some excerpts as follows: “Therefore, yohimbe cannot be imported by an individual for personal use.
Instead, an Australian-registered doctor must import the goods on your behalf. Please note that this cannot be done without an import permit being issued beforehand.”

“For a permit to be issued, your doctor will firstly need to apply to the TGA for Special Access Scheme (SAS) approval to treat you with yohimbe under Category B of the Scheme. In that application, your doctor needs to give a diagnosis and clinical justification for using this product over products that are registered and available in Australia.”

And the reply after my query on its local availibility:

"Certain items which are considered to be prohibited imports under Australian Customs regulations are also available for sale and supply here in Australia. These items include all antibiotics, codeine, morphine, certain growth and anabolic hormones, yohimbine and so on. The reasons for items being included in the C(PI) Regulations are many and varied and may have to do with issues of addiction/ abuse, concern about overuse etc. In other words, just because an item is a prohibited import does not mean that it can not be made available for sale here in Australia.

I am not entirely sure of the reason yohimbine was included in the regulations but I belive that it has to do with an issue of safety."

Humble apologies on such a long post.

Bottom line - HRX will be a prohibited import & will be pure luck if you can get it through the gauntlet…

good thread!

i just calculated buying Surge to australia. If you buy 4 tubs, it works out to be about $45AUS including shipping, which is awesome compared to $65 + ?? for shipping from Biotest australia