Alpha Male, M and Avena Sativa

I’ve been taking Alpha Male plus M for a couple weeks now, and have noticed a bit of an increased sex drive, but nothing ridiculous. Everyone always raved about how TRIBEX would send their libido through the roof, and I know there’s been talk of people taking both Alpha Male and TRIBEX together.

Would the ultimate increase in “drive” be gotten by simply taking some avena sativa in addition to Alpha Male, which does not contain it, and M? If so, does anyone have any recommendations regarding dosage and brand? Thanks.

[quote]Damici wrote:
I’ve been taking Alpha Male plus M for a couple weeks now, and have noticed a bit of an increased sex drive, but nothing ridiculous. Everyone always raved about how TRIBEX would send their libido through the roof, and I know there’s been talk of people taking both Alpha Male and TRIBEX together.

Would the ultimate increase in “drive” be gotten by simply taking some avena sativa in addition to Alpha Male, which does not contain it, and M? If so, does anyone have any recommendations regarding dosage and brand? Thanks.[/quote]

It’s worth a try, but I should caution as I have before, that sexual urge shouldn’t be oversimplified in to the idea that it’s merely controlled by testosterone or even sex hormones in general as there are many more things involved, some of which haven’t been figured out yet.

[quote]Damici wrote:
If so, does anyone have any recommendations regarding dosage and brand? Thanks.[/quote]

I don’t think you’ll find Avena sativa as potent as that used in Tribex, although I guess it won’t hurt to try a weaker extract.

Just to add to what Cy said…

The system of hormones within our bodies is a VERY delicate, but powerful, interaction between substances in often MICROgram amounts. To pull out one as “the” answer to a particular problem will often lead to less-than-desirable affects.

Testosterone is a prime example. More and more evidence is SUGESTING that the symptoms of “Anopause” (“male” menopause) may be as much a function of Estradiol levels as much as low Testosterone. This explains why so many older men taking loads of juice may see minimal results. (Inceased amoritization).

Mufasa

I realize what Cy and Mufasa are saying. But I will state that my own personal sexual “urge” was greater when I stacked TRIBEX with Red Kat as compared to Alpha Male alone. This suggests that the missing ingredient “avena sativa” had potency, at least with my body. Cy, any reason why avena was dropped from the Alpha Male formula? I think that I might just go back to the old stack in order to get that missing ingredient.

[quote]Soldierslim wrote:
I realize what Cy and Mufasa are saying. But I will state that my own personal sexual “urge” was greater when I stacked TRIBEX with Red Kat as compared to Alpha Male alone. This suggests that the missing ingredient “avena sativa” had potency, at least with my body. Cy, any reason why avena was dropped from the Alpha Male formula? I think that I might just go back to the old stack in order to get that missing ingredient.[/quote]

It could also have been the Sclaremax.

In any event, as for why avena wasn’t included, the only reason I can see would be issues with its’ physiochemical properties, which makes sense as a quick look at the active constituents in avena reveal that they are fairly glycosylated, thus somewhat compromising their candidacy for inclusion in the Nano-Dispersion delivery system.

Last, while I pointed out that it could have also been the Sclaremax which accounted for your response, if you and others are convinced it was the avena, then by all means, TRIBEX is still available at GNC.

I prefer Alpha Male myself.

Thanks. Any advice on what dose of avena sativa to take? Does anyone know what the amount was in TRIBEX (per day, not per dosage or per capsule)? Thanks again.

[quote]Soldierslim wrote:
I realize what Cy and Mufasa are saying. But I will state that my own personal sexual “urge” was greater when I stacked TRIBEX with Red Kat as compared to Alpha Male alone. This suggests that the missing ingredient “avena sativa” had potency, at least with my body. Cy, any reason why avena was dropped from the Alpha Male formula? I think that I might just go back to the old stack in order to get that missing ingredient.[/quote]

I agree. With my old stack of 3 TRIBEX and 2 RED KAT pills twice a day, my sex drive was much greater than my current use of 2 Alpha Male pills twice a day.

Having said that, using the old combo, I was a short-fused, loud-mouthed jerk. Alpha Male doesn’t do that to me - It just makes (formerly) heavy things light. My bench jumped 20 Lbs with two extra reps. This has been sustained for over two weeks, so I have discounted the placebo effect.

I too would like that “secret” bedroom ingredient placed in Alpha Male, but not at the expense of acting like a cocky 18 year old kid in a 37 year old body.

MIKE (great421)

[quote]Damici wrote:
Thanks. Any advice on what dose of avena sativa to take? Does anyone know what the amount was in TRIBEX (per day, not per dosage or per capsule)? Thanks again.[/quote]

I don’t know. It would be hard to say as the amount of avenacosides in the avena sativa extract in TRIBEX is very high.