T Nation

Alpha Male For 18 Year Old Athlete

I’m 6’3" 180 pounds, and REALLY started lifting around 2 years ago. I’ve read a lot of recent articles and studies about athletes having lower test. levels than sedentary people. I’ve always experianced a little dip in sex drive while training really hard or during my season, so could i use Alpha Male to boost my Test. levels back to where they usually are or even higher?

Also, I take Surge and Spike, so can i continue my Spike dosage before some grueling workouts?

Thanks

Yes it may fit the bill perfect. also make sure your eating right and maybe think about ZMA

Phill

I have the same problem. I’m an 18 year old lifter. I’ve been training the past 3 years but really got into powerlifting this past year.

I’ve started to hit plateaus, and was wondering if a product like Alpha Male would A. Be safe for me to take; B. Would even be neccasary for someone like me to take; and C. If I’d see any real gains with the product.

Thanks Phil, I already take a multi vitamin that covers zinc and magnesium, however I was also curious as to whether or not Alpha Male can get me some actual strength/agility gains (not mass), I was out last season so I have ground to catch up, can Alpha Male help a bit with the deficit?

[quote]JSopko wrote:
I’m 6’3" 180 pounds, and REALLY started lifting around 2 years ago. I’ve read a lot of recent articles and studies about athletes having lower test. levels than sedentary people. I’ve always experianced a little dip in sex drive while training really hard or during my season, so could i use Alpha Male to boost my Test. levels back to where they usually are or even higher?

Also, I take Surge and Spike, so can i continue my Spike dosage before some grueling workouts?

Thanks[/quote]

Anyone suggesting this as a ‘fit the bill’ move is pandering to the powers that be on this site. 18 yr. olds should be very selective about the hormone altering substances they decide to ingest. To not suggest a medical checkup and evaluation before this move is irresponsible.

Second, I would like to see the studies and eveidence that suggests athletes have a lower test levels than…who.
What athletes are you referring? Marathoners or sprinters?

You’re 18 and have a whopping 2 yrs experience. How about you work on your diet and sleep.

A multivitamin with zinc is not the same as ZMA. Zinc is poorly absorbed, if your multivitamin is held together with a calcium binder instead of in a capsule like ZMA, your body will preferencially absorb the calcium and excrete the zinc unabsorbed. That is why you have to watch foods you eat aruond the time you take ZMA ie don’t wash it down with a glass of milk or gatoraid.

[quote]
You’re 18 and have a whopping 2 yrs experience. How about you work on your diet and sleep.[/quote]

Advice like this needs to be paid for now, since it is always there and no one heeds it.

[quote]datta wrote:

You’re 18 and have a whopping 2 yrs experience. How about you work on your diet and sleep.

Advice like this needs to be paid for now, since it is always there and no one heeds it.[/quote]

I think its damn good advice as well but I also know plenty of 18y/o’s who are busting ass and have built very impressive physiques and see no reason why if OP has got his shit in order eats well trains hard that he cant or shouldnt benefit from an herbal supplement that Boost ones natural T which very well can be lower in those of us whom train our asses off

Phill

IMO sasquatch was being more of an asshole than help, but I know he had good intentions.

Now, in response to him I’ve been lifting for 5 years, but I started olympic lifts and found T-Nation 2 years ago. As for nutrition I follow the guidelines of The Anti-Skinny Fat Manifesto, and I get plenty of sleep, thanks. How 'bout you take a power nap so you aren’t so god damn cranky, or just maybe take the stick out of your ass.

Here’s the article that mentions a study that “coach potatoes” have a higher test. level then athlete.
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460279
(Great article by TC, and it’s the 6th paragraph not counting the white text.)

So now that we’ve gone through the bullshit, If I have the money, is Alpha Male a quality product that I can possibly see some gains from, strength and in the sheets? :wink:

[quote]JSopko wrote:

So now that we’ve gone through the bullshit, If I have the money, is Alpha Male a quality product that I can POSSIBLY see some gains from, strength and in the sheets? ;)[/quote]

Yes, possibly. I would just hit up the Alpha Male thread and see if you find any information you like or just ask a question so Tim Patterson or somebody involved with making the product can help you out.

The person who wrote about ZMA is correct, a multivitamin is no where near the same thing. And then there are these crazy things, well, they’re called vegetables. And…and if you eat them, well, they have vitamins in them too :).

[quote]Phill wrote:
datta wrote:

Advice like this needs to be paid for now, since it is always there and no one heeds it.

I think its damn good advice as well but I also know plenty of 18y/o’s who are busting ass and have built very impressive physiques and see no reason why if OP has got his shit in order eats well trains hard that he cant or shouldnt benefit from an herbal supplement that Boost ones natural T which very well can be lower in those of us whom train our asses off

Phill
[/quote]

I don’t see any reason why an 18 year old who has been training for two years needs to use a product like Alpha Male. Two years is like a period of “free gains” now rewrite your programming to something effective, and keep making gains.

Personally, I don’t think an 18 year old should be using Alpha Male. While it’s not like using steroids at 18 years old, hormone levels very likely haven’t even naturally peaked. I’d wait till 21 or 22. Even then, Alpha Male may show no appreciable benefits, but it’s worth a test-drive.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Phill
[/quote]

The OP said he was 6’3" and 180 lbs. This is small.

In light of the OP’s stats, what makes you think he has got his shit in order?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
I’d wait till 21 or 22. Even then, Alpha Male may show no appreciable benefits, but it’s worth a test-drive.[/quote]

Ha ha “test-drive”. I get it.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Phill wrote:
Phill

[/quote]

I didnt say he was small

Benefit of the doubt, what makes you sure he doesnt

Phill

Seriously people, this is an herbal supplement, not a gram of test. It will not screw up his hormone levels or hurt him in any way. and of course he doesn’t “need” it just like nobody “needs” it.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Benefit of the doubt, what makes you sure he doesnt[/quote]

He’s 6’3" and 180 lbs.

What more evidence do you need to conclude that someone is very wrong with his training or (more likely) his diet?

Phill wrote:
Benefit of the doubt, what makes you sure he doesnt

He’s 6’3" and 180 lbs.

What more evidence do you need to conclude that someone is very wrong with his training or (more likely) his diet?[/quote]

More. Maybe he started out at 140 like some of these toothpicks. That would be a decent though not spectacular gain in that time for a beginner. Regardless, I don’t see the point of Alpha Male yet for him.

Phill wrote:
Phill

[/quote]

What makes you think he’s training for size? Seems to me the OP is an athlete and is curious to see if Alpha Male will improve his performance via increased test. Posts like these are what TC referenced in frustration. NOT everyone here is a BODYBUILDER looking to get HYOOGE DUDEZ1111

[quote]bdog527 wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Phill wrote:
Phill

What makes you think he’s training for size? Seems to me the OP is an athlete and is curious to see if Alpha Male will improve his performance via increased test. Posts like these are what TC referenced in frustration. NOT everyone here is a BODYBUILDER looking to get HYOOGE DUDEZ1111
[/quote]

Exactly how do we know what he has been training for etc 180 and 6’3" could have been damn good for what the hell ever his goal or sport was. Yes thats small for a BBer or hell a strenght athlete likew PLing strongman etc, but he could be a track athlete. even a lets say corner back still smallish But he’s only 18 and that if very damn good shape would / could be a hell of a build for that position,that age

Phill