T Nation

Alpha Male Fashion


#1


I couldn't find a current, unlocked thread about watches so I thought I'd start a more general thread on men's fashion. Okay, I admit it. I'm a full blown dandy. Anyway, I saw this watch and it was love at first sight. Never worn, custom Rolex submariner with 3 carats of flawless natural diamonds and 5 carats of Ceylon sapphires. I love to wear blue and white coloured coordinated. Today I'm wearing blue and white Toms slip ons(great for driving in), blue and white Egyptian cotton socks by Calvin Klein, blue Nautica cargo pants, blue silk boxer shorts, a blue Ralph Lauren polo shirt with white logo and a pair of blue Rayban sunglasses. And the Rolex.


#2

Fascinating. And which font did you select for the lettering on your business card, Mr Bateman?


#3

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:
Fascinating. And which font did you select for the lettering on your business card, Mr Bateman?[/quote]

DoucheBagskervillle.


#4

Just yankin’ yer chain, there, SexMachine.

Very nice watch.

And I think we can now refer to you as “Crocodile Dandee”.


#5

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Just yankin’ yer chain, there, SexMachine.

Very nice watch.

And I think we can now refer to you as “Crocodile Dandee”.[/quote]

Thanks varq. It certainly has been difficult finding a watch suitably fly for the machine.

Anyone got some cool clothes to post?


#6

My personal definition of an Alpha Male is someone who is very intimidating and does not wear Toms.


#7

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Anyone got some cool clothes to post?[/quote]

Sorry, can not do.

Legs don’t fit in jeans. Please help.

tweet


#8

[quote]Andy.Now wrote:
My personal definition of an Alpha Male is someone who is very intimidating and does not wear Toms.[/quote]

Yeah, but your definition of a hot woman also probably includes Kim Kardashian, so we take your opinions with a grain of salt around here.

:wink:


#9

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Just yankin’ yer chain, there, SexMachine.

Very nice watch.

And I think we can now refer to you as “Crocodile Dandee”.[/quote]

Thanks varq. It certainly has been difficult finding a watch suitably fly for the machine.

Anyone got some cool clothes to post?[/quote]

When I was in Thailand I found a brilliant Nepalese tailor in Chiang Mai whom I commissioned to make me a pair of suits (deep charcoal grey and midnight blue), a charcoal grey wool coat, and ten shirts, meticulously fitted, in white, varying shades of grey and blue, and pinstripe. Suits were modelled after the Tom Ford suits worn by Daniel Craig in Casino Royale, and by Bradley Cooper in Limitless. Shirts were modelled after Thomas Pink, also as worn by Cooper.

At the time, everything fit perfectly, like a second skin. At the time, I was also doing things like trekking around in the jungle and riding a touring bike from Myanmar to Thailand, so suffice to say I was a bit smaller than I am now, after six months of eating lots of eggs and meat again every day, and training at the fantastic gym attached to my apartment.

Noticing a decided tightness around the chest and shoulders, and I can no longer button the top button of my shirts, nor the second button of my shirt cuffs. I told the tailor to allow for this, but he clearly underestimated how much I would likely (re)grow. Happily, he made all of the garments with plenty of extra fabric for just such an eventuality, so I’ll just have everything altered to match my new measurements.


#10

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:
Fascinating. And which font did you select for the lettering on your business card, Mr Bateman?[/quote]

So everyone thinks I’m a psychopath now? Bateman liked to dismember women. I prefer to do other things to them.


#11

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Just yankin’ yer chain, there, SexMachine.

Very nice watch.

And I think we can now refer to you as “Crocodile Dandee”.[/quote]

Thanks varq. It certainly has been difficult finding a watch suitably fly for the machine.

Anyone got some cool clothes to post?[/quote]

When I was in Thailand I found a brilliant Nepalese tailor in Chiang Mai whom I commissioned to make me a pair of suits (deep charcoal grey and midnight blue), a charcoal grey wool coat, and ten shirts, meticulously fitted, in white, varying shades of grey and blue, and pinstripe. Suits were modelled after the Tom Ford suits worn by Daniel Craig in Casino Royale, and by Bradley Cooper in Limitless. Shirts were modelled after Thomas Pink, also as worn by Cooper.

At the time, everything fit perfectly, like a second skin. At the time, I was also doing things like trekking around in the jungle and riding a touring bike from Myanmar to Thailand, so suffice to say I was a bit smaller than I am now, after six months of eating lots of eggs and meat again every day, and training at the fantastic gym attached to my apartment.

Noticing a decided tightness around the chest and shoulders, and I can no longer button the top button of my shirts, nor the second button of my shirt cuffs. I told the tailor to allow for this, but he clearly underestimated how much I would likely (re)grow. Happily, he made all of the garments with plenty of extra fabric for just such an eventuality, so I’ll just have everything altered to match my new measurements.[/quote]

Yep, I’ve had the same problem. I shelled out for a beautiful Navy blue blazer with gold buttons that now doesn’t fit me.


#12

I now work at a machine shop, and we hired a quality manager who wears a rolex. Everyone makes fun of him for it. He is a human fixated on posturing and doing his best to appear important and hard working. However he is a lazy hands off guy who accels at delegating work and plays world of warcraft in his freetime.

Sexmachine, do you play world of warcraft? Also, between the rolex and the audi i have the impression that you make a lot of money, is this true?


#13

Who the fuck would waste a small fortune on a wristwatch these days?

Hello cellphone.


#14

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
I couldn’t find a current, unlocked thread about watches so I thought I’d start a more general thread on men’s fashion. Okay, I admit it. I’m a full blown dandy. Anyway, I saw this watch and it was love at first sight. Never worn, custom Rolex submariner with 3 carats of flawless natural diamonds and 5 carats of Ceylon sapphires. I love to wear blue and white coloured coordinated. Today I’m wearing blue and white Toms slip ons(great for driving in), blue and white Egyptian cotton socks by Calvin Klein, blue Nautica cargo pants, blue silk boxer shorts, a blue Ralph Lauren polo shirt with white logo and a pair of blue Rayban sunglasses. And the Rolex. [/quote]

Ah-hem…Point of order…this “never worn, custom Rolex” is pictured being worn.

I used to be much more of a dandy, and I still have my supercharged euro saloon and a lot of Brooks Brothers and Allen Edmonds (I was in the insurance business and these are pretty much requirement wear)…but the stronger I get, the less dadbod I get, the more I want to stay in black t-shirts or tanks and camo cargo shorts. Even my kickass Hawaiian and guayabera shirts are collecting dust these days.


#15

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
I now work at a machine shop, and we hired a quality manager who wears a rolex. Everyone makes fun of him for it. He is a human fixated on posturing and doing his best to appear important and hard working. However he is a lazy hands off guy who accels at delegating work and plays world of warcraft in his freetime.

[/quote]

Everyone who owns a Rolex is like your quality manager? To answer your question, I don’t dress well to “posture”. There are a number of reasons:

  1. I have always loved quality and good workmanship.

  2. Quality clothes are more comfortable. Silk underwear feels great as does Egyptian cotton. It gets softer with age. And fine merino wool is much nicer feeling than ordinary wool and so on.

  3. I like to look my best in order to help me to attract high value women.

  4. Now this one will make me sound like a narcissist but it’s true: I am superior to most other men. I consider myself kind of a self made aristocrat. I’m smarter than other guys; more mentally tough; have more balls etc. I have better taste; more knowledge etc. I naturally dress better because basically I am better. Okay, yes and I’m a narcissist. But if you don’t like yourself and believe yourself to be superior then other people(especially women) will not see you as a high value man.

[quote]

Sexmachine, do you play world of warcraft? Also, between the rolex and the audi i have the impression that you make a lot of money, is this true?[/quote]

That’s generally not the way you ask someone. Try asking what they do for a living or something. And no, I don’t have a “lot” of money. At least not as much as I’d like to have.


#16

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Just yankin’ yer chain, there, SexMachine.

Very nice watch.

And I think we can now refer to you as “Crocodile Dandee”.[/quote]

Crocodile Dandee!! I just laughed my nuts off.

Sweet watch, but I’ll stick to my Casio with its worn leather and webbing band.


#17

[quote]theBird wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Anyone got some cool clothes to post?[/quote]

Sorry, can not do.

Legs don’t fit in jeans. Please help.

tweet[/quote]
Well played Bird well played, slow gold clap.


#18

[quote]Andy.Now wrote:
My personal definition of an Alpha Male is someone who is very intimidating and does not wear Toms.[/quote]

Then you don’t understand what an Alpha Male is. An Alpha Male is viewed as a leader of men and a high value partner for women. He is also cool, calm and in control. There’s also an element of manipulativeness. For example, I wanted somewhere to leave my shopping today while I spent a few hours in the city having lunch with a friend. So I flirted with a plain looking bartender and asked her if I could leave it behind the bar. And no, they don’t just let any dude do that in a bust inner city bar. You don’t just walk into a bar alone with bags of shopping and tell the bartender to mind it for you. It takes a certain personality type.


#19

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
4. Now this one will make me sound like a narcissist but it’s true: I am superior to most other men. I consider myself kind of a self made aristocrat. I’m smarter than other guys; more mentally tough; have more balls etc. I have better taste; more knowledge etc.
[/quote]

And yet, you go to the McDonald’s drive-thru late at night for coffee, get a hard-on for the drive-thru girl, and post threads on T-Nation forums asking how to get in the hot girl’s pants.

Sounds like you’re really superior.


#20

[quote]ActivitiesGuy wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
4. Now this one will make me sound like a narcissist but it’s true: I am superior to most other men. I consider myself kind of a self made aristocrat. I’m smarter than other guys; more mentally tough; have more balls etc. I have better taste; more knowledge etc.
[/quote]

And yet, you go to the McDonald’s drive-thru late at night for coffee, get a hard-on for the drive-thru girl, and post threads on T-Nation forums asking how to get in the hot girl’s pants.

Sounds like you’re really superior.[/quote]

She seems satisfied.