T Nation

Alpha Male Effectiveness

I found an old bottle of MAG-10 in a box from when i moved a couple of years ago. I have been using it the last week and a half and it is just about out. I have really been blown away by how well it works. I had used it before but it was a long time ago. I have put on 3-4 lbs in about 2 weeks and added about 10 lbs to my squat and bench.

Sorry to ramble but i was wondering if some of the people that have experience using both MAG-10 and Alpha Male could let me know how well Alpha Male work. Is it close to MAG-10, 50% as effective 75%?

[quote]jakshafter wrote:
I found an old bottle of MAG-10 in a box from when i moved a couple of years ago. I have been using it the last week and a half and it is just about out. I have really been blown away by how well it works. I had used it before but it was a long time ago. I have put on 3-4 lbs in about 2 weeks and added about 10 lbs to my squat and bench.

Sorry to ramble but i was wondering if some of the people that have experience using both MAG-10 and Alpha Male could let me know how well Alpha Male work. Is it close to MAG-10, 50% as effective 75%?[/quote]

It’s not really fair to compare Alpha Male to MAG-10 or stuff like Havoc, since Alpha Male is a natural test booster and the other supplements were/are essentially designer steroids.

10 lbs in 2 weeks is alright. I got 25 lbs on my bench in 6 days with Havoc.

Just an FYI.

It doesn’t not come close period. MAG-10 was awesome.

However, this is comparing apples and oranges as MAG-10 contained pro-hormones bringing anabolic hormones to supraphysiological levels whereas Alpha Male is geared towards raising endogenous levels of testosterone and derivatives towards higher normal levels.

The advantages of Alpha Male are that it is legal and does not need to be cycled/requiring off periods while MAG-10 was much more like an oral steroid.

MAG-10 was a 10-15 lbs over a few weeks, Alpha Male is 10-15 lbs maybe over a year (I think I am being generous but still think it is a very good product.)

AlexH.

It aint MAG-10 by any means but will get you back to your previous hormonal state and maybe elevated post cycle

Phill

For me, MAG-10 blew the doors off Alpha Male!

Alpha Male is about as good as the old TRIBEX, which isn’t bad, it’s just not as potent as other supplements. For me, Alpha Male just seems a little pricey for the results that I get.

I still take Alpha Male, but I’m still looking for something more along the lines of MAG-10 as well. I wish I had bought more of that stuff when it was still around!