T Nation

Alpha Male and REZ-V

I’m considering taking one of these two prodcuts, if not both in hope to increase my testosterone levels. I’m 18 years old, and I know everyone says “at 18 your Test levels are through the roof”. well sadly mine are not.

No Medical Proof, i never got them checked but I’ve been following some of the symptoms way too long. I have No sex drive, No libido (not sure if thats the same thing) I’ve been lifting for quite some time now following Waterbury’s Workouts, and just cant seem to gain strength and Lean muscle mass easy.

I know most of you guys are going to quesiton my nutrition but I have confidence in my nutrition, I take in Pre and post workout shakes I eat at least 3000 calories a day so its not that. But beyond that. This has been going on way to long. I train consistenly and always read here on T-Nation.

My question is should i take the Alpha Male first to raise my testosterone, or is it even possible to raise testosterone if its in a dangerously low level? OR should i take the REZ-v first? Thanks

First of all… it is very likely that you dont need Alpha Male. If you havent had bloodwork done, you dont know for a fact that you have low T. Chances are, you dont.

You say you train constantly? Well, how often? When was the last time you took a week off? Your body grows when you’re recovering, not working out. Are you doing some sort of cardio? Do you play a sport? Is your means of transportation walking, biking, or running?

You’re not gaining mass because you’re not eating enough. I know, I know… you’re eating a whopping 3000 calories. Are you keeping a food log? Chances are, you’re not eating as much as you think you are, unless you keep a log. Its the same case for most people, myself included.

Also, whats your fat intake like? Are you getting enough? Do you take fish oils? Do you get enough veggies?

That said, you can, and probably should take Rez-V, although I wouldnt expect T levels to increase much.

PS, gaining strength and size is not “easy.”

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
First of all… it is very likely that you dont need Alpha Male. If you havent had bloodwork done, you dont know for a fact that you have low T. Chances are, you dont.

You say you train constantly? Well, how often? When was the last time you took a week off? Your body grows when you’re recovering, not working out. Are you doing some sort of cardio? Do you play a sport? Is your means of transportation walking, biking, or running?

You’re not gaining mass because you’re not eating enough. I know, I know… you’re eating a whopping 3000 calories. Are you keeping a food log? Chances are, you’re not eating as much as you think you are, unless you keep a log. Its the same case for most people, myself included.

Also, whats your fat intake like? Are you getting enough? Do you take fish oils? Do you get enough veggies?

That said, you can, and probably should take Rez-V, although I wouldnt expect T levels to increase much.

PS, gaining strength and size is not “easy.”[/quote]

Ok. Trust me i know for a FACT i have low t. I dont want to get it tested for money reasons, but listen i have little body hair for an 18 year old male, no sex drive, and im pretty much the same height as 3 yrs ago.

No I said i train CONSISTENTLY, and the last time I took a week off was 2 weeks ago. and yes I do cardio, either jump rope HIIT or bike.

OK again listen, Im not trying to sound rude because I really do appreciate your post, but I’m not your average 18 year old hardgainer, I know a lot about nutrition. I read read read and study everything on here and everything else where. But the fact is I know im eating enough. I dont keep a food log bc simply i eat in an all you can eat cafeteria for 2 meals at college and simpsly cant count calories. But when i was at home i used to.

Fat? I eat steak or some kind of red meat at least 7 times a week back home was more. but i know i heard all about the “Eat more fat to raise T”… yea i know I’ve tried it.
Veggies, I eat tons.

Okay thats enough nutrition questions now, I need help with determining which to take. Which Supplement could help me raise me T? all REZ-v is an anit estrogen compound right?

Are you stressed out at all? Do you get enough sleep? Do you drink alcohol? All of these can affect your T levels, so try to sort them out first if they are problems.

With that being said, I take both and have noticed a big difference with libido, and a lesser but noticeable difference in training performance.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Are you stressed out at all? Do you get enough sleep? Do you drink alcohol? All of these can affect your T levels, so try to sort them out first if they are problems.

With that being said, I take both and have noticed a big difference with libido, and a lesser but noticeable difference in training performance.
[/quote]

Not stressed so much. Yes, i get 8 hrs a sleep at night and have never touched alcohol.

REZ-V has many health benefits in addition to this one as outlined in TC’s article:

"You see, resveratrol acts as a potent estrogen antagonist (while also acting as an agonist in some tissues, similar to the drugs clomiphene and tamoxifen).

In higher concentrations, it acts as an aromatase inhibitor. That means that it stops the body from whittling away at your Testosterone.

This is cool because if a substance stops Testosterone from being converted to estrogen or estradiol, it not only prevents the nasty effects of estrogen (loss of muscle and strength and accrual of body fat), but it increases your level of Testosterone, leading to additional strength and muscle!"

So, in essence it’s helping to keep the test you have from being converted over to estrogen.

Alpha Male and it’s ingredients are more testosterone producing stimulators. They will kick start your nads to produce more test and for guys with high levels of sex hormone binding globulin
(SHGB) it will lower that allowing for higher levels of FREE testosterone (the good kind). The vitex contained helps to block the harmful effects of elevated prolactin and estrogen.

In summary REZ-V is a great lifelong supplement with many positive health related benefits (read the article) which also helps to keep T-levels high.

Alpha Male and TRIBEX are great natural testosterone boosters to be used at different intervals or cycles to boost T-levels to the highest natural levels.

My feeling is if you are eighteen and following good nutrition and have a good workout program going on give it a try. It can help those who are young (over 18) maximize their test and get better gains in the gym.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
REZ-V has many health benefits in addition to this one as outlined in TC’s article:

"You see, resveratrol acts as a potent estrogen antagonist (while also acting as an agonist in some tissues, similar to the drugs clomiphene and tamoxifen).

In higher concentrations, it acts as an aromatase inhibitor. That means that it stops the body from whittling away at your Testosterone.

This is cool because if a substance stops Testosterone from being converted to estrogen or estradiol, it not only prevents the nasty effects of estrogen (loss of muscle and strength and accrual of body fat), but it increases your level of Testosterone, leading to additional strength and muscle!"

So, in essence it’s helping to keep the test you have from being converted over to estrogen.

Alpha Male and it’s ingredients are more testosterone producing stimulators. They will kick start your nads to produce more test and for guys with high levels of sex hormone binding globulin
(SHGB) it will lower that allowing for higher levels of FREE testosterone (the good kind). The vitex contained helps to block the harmful effects of elevated prolactin and estrogen.

In summary REZ-V is a great lifelong supplement with many positive health related benefits (read the article) which also helps to keep T-levels high.

Alpha Male and TRIBEX are great natural testosterone boosters to be used at different intervals or cycles to boost T-levels to the highest natural levels.

My feeling is if you are eighteen and following good nutrition and have a good workout program going on give it a try. It can help those who are young (over 18) maximize their test and get better gains in the gym.

D [/quote]

Thank you so much “dedicated”. Yes I’ve read both articles and found them both informing as well as your post.
I will go ahead and give Alpha Male a try, ive been wanting to for a long time now but never got around to do it.

See my problem is that I’m a late bloomer, I didnt go through puberty until mid to late highschool, and I’ve always had a small frame. Plus in all actuality i havent had a girlfriend in a long time so that might help also.

[quote]Serd wrote:
Ok. Trust me i know for a FACT i have low t. I dont want to get it tested for money reasons, but listen i have little body hair for an 18 year old male, no sex drive, and im pretty much the same height as 3 yrs ago.

No I said i train CONSISTENTLY, and the last time I took a week off was 2 weeks ago. and yes I do cardio, either jump rope HIIT or bike.

OK again listen, Im not trying to sound rude because I really do appreciate your post, but I’m not your average 18 year old hardgainer, I know a lot about nutrition. I read read read and study everything on here and everything else where. But the fact is I know im eating enough. I dont keep a food log bc simply i eat in an all you can eat cafeteria for 2 meals at college and simpsly cant count calories. But when i was at home i used to.

Fat? I eat steak or some kind of red meat at least 7 times a week back home was more. but i know i heard all about the “Eat more fat to raise T”… yea i know I’ve tried it.
Veggies, I eat tons.

Okay thats enough nutrition questions now, I need help with determining which to take. Which Supplement could help me raise me T? all REZ-v is an anit estrogen compound right?[/quote]

Alright, still. What money reasons are you not getting tested for? You can go to your doctor, and tell him you have symptoms of low T and you’d like to get a blood profile done. It should be covered by insurance.

And, if money is really that much of an issue, $500 dollars a year for Alpha Male for the rest of your life sounds like a hefty dent in the wallet. As opposed to, if you do have low T, you could get doctor prescribed HRT, also covered by insurance.

Being 5’8 (speaking of which, since when was this being the same height as a 3 year old?) and having a small frame doesnt necessarily mean low T. Yes, its a likely possibility, but not determinant. I had a friend, who up until junior year of high school who was 5’3 and about a hundred pounds soaking wet. He also, had no body hair, not exactly the most masculine kid, etc… He got a blood profile done, and his HGH levels were low… so, he got HGH shots and now he’s 5 10 and probably about 160. (I know hes still skinny, I’m just sayin.)

Go ahead and take Alpha Male, see how you feel after a month on it. If you feel that much better, I’d go to your doctor and let him know the situation and see what he/she says.

And the only reason I asked about cardio was because thats just another means of burning calories. You can read until your eyes fall out about nutrition on here, but it still doesnt mean you fall into the category of who the author is writing about. I’m still going to suggest adding calories. Its true that if you’re eating to gain, and you havent gained any weight… you’re obviously still not eating enough to gain weight.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Serd wrote:
Ok. Trust me i know for a FACT i have low t. I dont want to get it tested for money reasons, but listen i have little body hair for an 18 year old male, no sex drive, and im pretty much the same height as 3 yrs ago.

No I said i train CONSISTENTLY, and the last time I took a week off was 2 weeks ago. and yes I do cardio, either jump rope HIIT or bike.

OK again listen, Im not trying to sound rude because I really do appreciate your post, but I’m not your average 18 year old hardgainer, I know a lot about nutrition. I read read read and study everything on here and everything else where. But the fact is I know im eating enough. I dont keep a food log bc simply i eat in an all you can eat cafeteria for 2 meals at college and simpsly cant count calories. But when i was at home i used to.

Fat? I eat steak or some kind of red meat at least 7 times a week back home was more. but i know i heard all about the “Eat more fat to raise T”… yea i know I’ve tried it.
Veggies, I eat tons.

Okay thats enough nutrition questions now, I need help with determining which to take. Which Supplement could help me raise me T? all REZ-v is an anit estrogen compound right?

Alright, still. What money reasons are you not getting tested for? You can go to your doctor, and tell him you have symptoms of low T and you’d like to get a blood profile done. It should be covered by insurance.

And, if money is really that much of an issue, $500 dollars a year for Alpha Male for the rest of your life sounds like a hefty dent in the wallet. As opposed to, if you do have low T, you could get doctor prescribed HRT, also covered by insurance.

Being 5’8 (speaking of which, since when was this being the same height as a 3 year old?) and having a small frame doesnt necessarily mean low T. Yes, its a likely possibility, but not determinant. I had a friend, who up until junior year of high school who was 5’3 and about a hundred pounds soaking wet. He also, had no body hair, not exactly the most masculine kid, etc… He got a blood profile done, and his HGH levels were low… so, he got HGH shots and now he’s 5 10 and probably about 160. (I know hes still skinny, I’m just sayin.)

Go ahead and take Alpha Male, see how you feel after a month on it. If you feel that much better, I’d go to your doctor and let him know the situation and see what he/she says.

And the only reason I asked about cardio was because thats just another means of burning calories. You can read until your eyes fall out about nutrition on here, but it still doesnt mean you fall into the category of who the author is writing about. I’m still going to suggest adding calories. Its true that if you’re eating to gain, and you havent gained any weight… you’re obviously still not eating enough to gain weight.[/quote]

thank you for your advice. I will take into account going to the doctor, I have before actually when i was getting a shot and just mentioned getting a test and they told me that for it to be covered by my insurance I had to give them a specific reason what was wrong with me, which i guess i could.

I never said i wasnt gaining weight. I’m defintely eating to gain and gaining it. I’ve almost increased 25 pounds in a year.