Alpha, How Do You Train?

Just give it a try Macaroni!

I used to train full bodyworkouts for the longest time with much success. I stopped because I wasn’t smart and listened to other people. The consensus I would get is that Total body training was for begginers trying to establish a base and that you can never get big and muscular doing TBT… Come to think of it the two best physiques with elite conditioning and muscle are Alpha’s and Caveman’s… Both work out using total body training principles.

You guys want to see how Alpha trains check his log out on training logs. It’s very impressive and inspirational. Alpha is a Alpha.

man you guys are pretty nice to me! I train full body because I HATE people in the gym doing dumb junk…Not because I am a Waterbury Fanboy…I need to get in and get out as soon as possible…I think I may actually be allergic to d-bags…But thanks so much for the complements…

[quote]Alpha wrote:
I need to get in and get out as soon as possible[/quote]

that’s not what you said last night.

in all seriousness alpha, your profile pic doesn’t do you justice. i just checked out your other pics in your profile.

FUCK you’re big.

Thats what she said…

Man, if you guys keep it up, the F isn’t going to get here in time before the MMF starts.

:slight_smile:

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Man, if you guys keep it up, the F isn’t going to get here in time before the MMF starts.

[/quote]

it’s cool man, i heard you can tuck it between your legs like nobody’s business.

Alpha, would you prefer we ask you questions on this thread or on your logbook?

“Would you Fuck me?”

“I’d fuck me.”

You get kicked in the sac if you don’t get this reference…

---- seriously though…I don’t give a darn one way or the other…I LOVE to help people out who aren’t PANSIES… don’t ask me ??? if you haven’t read rant 1 or rant 2 or the latests rant 3 on my log…Take 10 minutes of your life and see how someone who doesn’t make excuses trains (start at page one and follow from there)…

Once you have done what is stated above…if you still have ??? please ask them (here or on my log) because we ALL need to get better… I learn as much from you guy as you earn from me…Iron Sharpens Iron…

To be honest…if you are not a D-bag and are willing to work hard, guys like Holymac and myself can get you whee you want to be…but pleases…and I say please again…DON’T WASTE OUR TIME!!! There are a lot of knowledgeable guys here, but ALL of their time is PRECIOUS!!! Don’t F%^& with us…

Holy shit dude good work. Your profile pic really doesn’t do you justice at all.

thanks for making me feel like a little girl…

I thought you liked it when I made you the little girl.

What are you currently doing in terms of your job? Have you been deployed outside the U.S.? to a combat zone/high stress enviornment? are you a field agent or logistical/paperwork dude?

I am deployed outside of the US regularly…as in 15-20 times into the middle east (F-that place) in the last 5-6 months…and will be spending a lot of time in Europe in the next few months…I’m not a logistics or Intel guy…I run and gun, same as StClair20…

Nothing more, nothing less…it is not as cool as it seems…

can you breakdown what a typical week looks like for you then? i don’t need every detail, just wondering how much time is spent training/mission/AAR and where you fit weights into all that.

or do missions only run for hours at a time? do you not spend nights outside the gate?

ummm well, we are never “inside” the gate…We never step foot inside embassies, or places considered “American soil” nor do we look like it…I haven’t cut my hair since oct. 2008 …just ask Stclair20…he calls me a hippy…

average week:

leave Sat…for foreign country… say kuwait…
get back tuesday mid day…what we did while there depends on the trip or needs of the us gov…
weds we head to someplace else…say atlanta…eat lunch or do what we need to do…then come home…

off for the next 2 days unless they (gov) need us for something else…

Lift when we can…and don’t make excuses for not being able to…

that about sums up my normal week

[quote]Alpha wrote:
ummm well, we are never “inside” the gate…We never step foot inside embassies, or places considered “American soil” nor do we look like it…I haven’t cut my hair since oct. 2008 …just ask Stclair20…he calls me a hippy…

average week:

leave Sat…for foreign country… say kuwait…
get back tuesday mid day…what we did while there depends on the trip or needs of the us gov…
weds we head to someplace else…say atlanta…eat lunch or do what we need to do…then come home…

off for the next 2 days unless they (gov) need us for something else…

Lift when we can…and don’t make excuses for not being able to…

that about sums up my normal week[/quote]

jesus, didn’t know you spent so little time in country. you lucky SOB.

a tad off topic, but are you employed through the fed gov. and DHS? or through a private contractor?

no were technically “feds” but we spend an awfully lot of time “off soil”…again…for anyone considering it…it IS NOT AS COOL AS IT SOUNDS!

I hope you dont mind, but i would just like to repost this in this thread as well so as to give it a wider audience. The people who have taken the time and effort to read this site and post on it regularly, yet make excuses about not wanting to be “too big” or “too strong”, should read this and mull over their approach to their training and their life in general.

[quote]Alpha wrote:
You asked…Here it is…my version of a SoapBox Session – I am thinking about shaping this up and submitting it to T-nat or EliteFTS as an article…Let me know what you think…

I know it’s a long read, but bear with me – in the end, at least I think it is worth the 3 minutes of your life

On determination…

If you are reading this, I am going to assume that most of you have integrated training and diet into your lifestyles, and would not walk into the gym or go about your normal eating schedule without a plan. (if this isn’t you, STOP infesting my log with stupidity and laziness and go make a plan) If things change and obstacles get in your way, you have two choices; Adapt or fail. But all too often we end up “worshiping” our plan or program because we have become so rigid in our thinking. The issue in doing this is that when something gets thrown in your path - you have to work late, or your car breaks down, or you pull your hamstring, etc. -the plan fails and you feel as if there are no choices left at all. Suddenly the issue stopping your plan has just become the “reason” why it is impossible to follow through and adapt.

By not evolving to the current situation --working with or around the obstacle and bending it to your advantage — more likely than not, all we just did was find, what appears in our own minds, to be a perfectly good “reason” to drop the ball. ItÃ???Ã???Ã???Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??s just too bad that the word “reason” in all of these situations is synonymous with “excuse”.

I would never say that, from time to time, things don’t come up that truly are insurmountable or that choosing training over some other major priorities is correct. I am just saying that in many situations, we choose the easy road out and our “great” excuse to bail, in the end, is still just that…an excuse.

Excuses are funny little things. We will create, brood over, and build up these little monsters until they seem so air tight that any other possible option just seems to be absolutely ludicrous. Our rationalizations become so embedded in our thinking that soon, we are convinced that not only is it a smarter idea, but now we DESERVE the break!

“I shouldn’t work my legs today anyway, I think I may be a little over-trained.”, or

“Yeah, well, I tweeked my lat the other day so I’ll just give it a little more time”, or the classic,

“Well, it IS my high carb day! I need to replenish my glycogen!”…way to go fatass…

Just remember that there are plenty of other people out there who ARE making the right choices and taking the high road each and every day who, more likely than not, are facing much tougher trials than you.

Sometimes using excuses can be fun, but the problem is that, by choosing not to adapt to our situation, what we have really done is just mentally set ourselves up for failure, not only now but also in the future.

By essentially rewarding yourself for coming up with such a great excuse, rather than coming up with such a great solution, you are laying down neurological pathways that make skipping your hill sprints, slouching on those last two reps, or choosing the leg press over front squats seem completely rational. And in doing such, you build a positive association rather than creating a negative one. This, in turn, will make it more likely that you will repeat said pansy behavior.

The same rings true in all walks of life. Those who survive and succeed in the business world work hard, overcome obstacles, and just simply get it done when others say it cannot be done.

Marriage is another example, how many couples make it to their fiftieth anniversary without a substantial amount of hard work and determination to find solutions to their problems? Discipline and making the right choices pay big dividends in the end.

Why would seeing gains in the gym be any different? We have become “too” educated on so much of this stuff that we forgot the three biggest principals that make the biggest difference…

A. Work you ass off

B. Feed your body the foods it need to repair itself

C. Do this more consistently than not

Simply put…if you add “A” + “B” + “C” it will always = The gains you want…if you are giving ANY reason shy of the fact that you lost all of your limbs in Iraq, you need to look at yourself and say, “Am I being a Pussy?” Hell, even guys who have lost limbs are getting it done…What is so special that holds you back?

The sheer fact that you are reading this proves that you are safe, wealthy (In relation), you have food, you have an education, can breathe and are healthy enough to train. WE ARE ALL truly blessed, much, much more than a LOT of others in the world.

It truly is sickening that in a situation this beautiful, we still find it easier to only see the worst in it.

It would seem we think it more comforting and fulfilling to whine and cry about what we can’t do or possess rather than embrace the things we CAN do and ARE able to possess…

People, we are BETTER than that! Act like it!

This applies to everything in life, but please stop defiling our beautiful training with worthless excuses of why you can’t do something!

Survivors of this game of iron, and this game of life for that matter, are people who, rather than blaming their failures on others, take responsibility for their own actions and decisions. You are NOT a victim! If you skipped your deadlifts and prowler runs because your boss made you work late…Do them after the jobÃ???Ã???Ã???Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??s done. Or if your gym is closed by that time, hit them the next morning at 0500. It’s your choice, which, if you miss out on your training, it makes it YOUR fault! If you didnÃ???Ã???Ã???Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??t prepare your meals for the week because you were too busy catching up on episodes of Family Guy while hungover …It’s YOUR fault! If you have been getting to the gym like you should, and have been eating the way that you know how, and now find yourself getting more attention from that hot bartender you are secretly stalking…guess what? THAT’S YOUR FAULT TOO!

I will only say this once…The only difference between the person you are now, and the person you will be five years from now, is the collective mass of the choices you make.

Take the wheel and stop letting other situations and people dictate who you are.

What you receive in this world is directly correlated to what you put in, and if you are not where you want to be in your training, life, job, or relationships; grow a pair, take some responsibility and MAKE A CHANGE. Those who are not willing to do something about their situation automatically forfeit the right to bitch about it.

Success is a habit, unfortunately so is bitching out. If you are cutting out those last few reps of squats, or not getting in your energy systems work, or Just plain ole’ sucking at life, you are teaching yourself you continually repeat those actions again and again. Break the cycle, stop making excuses and just get out there and get it done.

If you take one thing away from reading this rant, let it be the following: YOU ARE NOT A VICTIM! The world does not owe you anything, and there is not an automatic guarantee that you will not stumble, face pain/injuries, and be looked at as being different in a bad way.

We are part of a hedionistic culture, one that celebrates taking the easy road and choosing the path that is most followed. But if doing what we do was easy, everyone would do it! If you get to the top level of anything you strive for, in a way that you can be proud to tell you children about, I will bet you will see a path of hard work, blessings, and hard choices correctly made in your wake.

But those decisions start NOW, not later today, or next week, right NOW. If you read this and choose not to make any changes in how you are looking at your situation and the decisions you make in your life, I simply do not know what to tell you. Maybe itÃ???Ã???Ã???Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??s not the right time for you - or maybe youÃ???Ã???Ã???Ã???Ã??Ã?¢??re a lost cause…I don’t know… Just know that the decision cannot be made for you. It is 100% yours.

You will never be able to control your circumstances, or the rough breaks that you have to take in life. But you can control you attitude about those things and CHOOSE how you will respond.

-Weak minded individuals are selfish and apathetic - People of action get it done no matter the obstacle.

• Sheep roll over and die - Alphas lead and prosper.

• Victims blame the world and others - Survivors CHOOSE to overcome.

-Choose this day which type of individual you will be…

So today when you walk out your door CHOOSE to eat right, do the best work you can possibly do, finish EVERY rep of your squats, run with that sled tied to you, show your loved ones you care about them, and go to bed empty, knowing that you chose to overcome today.

Strength & honor…

-B

[/quote]

Sure man, the more people that read it, the better

I’ve been back on TBT for the last month. First time back doing it since Jr. year of college (2003 i think) and I’m loving it.

My workouts are pretty long though b/c I do conditioning every day I’m there afterwards.

After about 1-1/2 wks of getting used to it…love it; again.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
I’ve been back on TBT for the last month. First time back doing it since Jr. year of college (2003 i think) and I’m loving it.

My workouts are pretty long though b/c I do conditioning every day I’m there afterwards.

After about 1-1/2 wks of getting used to it…love it; again.
[/quote]

I think a lot of people could really benefit from trying it out for a while. it took my training to a whole different level

“That said, if You found another 1%er, stick with them…hell, maybe even consider becoming “life partners” that way you can get a tax cut while splitting time cooking chicken and spinach together.”

LMAO!