T Nation

Alpha-GPC on Empty Stomach?

I just got my bottle of Alpha-GPC and have a quick question to ask. I do know that many supplements have the whole best if taken on an empty stomach, and yes I KNOW it does not say that but just want to ask:
1) Does it matter if Alpha-GPC is taken on an empty stomach or not (and by not I mean like 1-->1.5 hrs post protein shake).

Here is the current protocol:
up at 4:30 AM, Protein shake down as soon as I wake up. then the plan was Alpha-GPC at 5:30/5:45, preworkout supplementation 6/6:15, when in the weight room warming up by 6:45/6:50 then working out by 7AM. Does this sound good or do changes need to made?

2) any supplements that should be avoided which may interfere w/ Alpha-GPC?

that would be fine, a protein shake won't stay in your stomach very long

1) If I recall correctly, any supplement that is supposed to affect the nervous system (i.e. stimulants, nootropics, neurotransmitters, etc.) should always be taken on an empty stomach. But given the fact that you're only having a protein shake beforehand, your stomach should be empty an hour later. So I don't see a problem with what you are currently doing.

2) As far as interactions are concerned, here is a quote straight from the source, Dr. Tim Zeigenfuss (the guy who developed the formula):

"There are no known interactions with herbs or other dietary supps. That said, and as I always say, prudence dictates starting out slowly when combining any supps.

TZ "

Hope that helps.

Your questions have been answered already. However, another thing to consider would be to change your peri-workout nutrition protocol. I personaly work out at 6:30 am (and 6 hours later for a second workout 4 days a week).
I get up at 5 am and have my Alpha-GPC on an empty stomach 90 minutes before my workout.
I then prepare the food for my day and head towards the gym.
Workout -40 minutey I have 2-3 FINiBARs, WO -20 I drink a serving (2 scoops) Surge Workout Fuel, WO -5 I drink a serving Surge Recovery, sip on another serving of workout fuel during my workout and have a whey protein shake 15 minutes after the workout.

To me, this is almost optimal because I'am able to take the GPC on an empty stomach and insuline response before the workout will be very high due to my fasted state.

Cheers, Para