T Nation

Almost Got Jumped

[quote]nephorm wrote:
You have a right to self-defense, but in many states you don’t have the right to defend your property with violence.
[/quote]

especially bc you are in a public place. how unfortunate though.

You were also threatened, but its also three words against one.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
You have a right to self-defense, but in many states you don’t have the right to defend your property with violence.
[/quote]

That’s so true, and it sucks at the same time. But you did the right thing by not exploding. That feeling you described, your adrenaline going, you want to tear them apart with your bare hands. They would have been too easy to slap down. But you had the good judgement to do the right thing. By not smearing them into the floor, you actually saved yourself many problems–assault charges, lawsuits. Good for you!

They’ll eventually do themselves in.

And this is for Grey: BRUCE LEE WOULD HAVE KICKED THEIR BUTTS!!! (haha, just kidding)…

[quote]CC wrote:
I love how these threads always turn into what all of the internet badasses who read the story would have done.

“Fuck, if that was me, bro, I’d have smashed the first guys’ fuckin’ teeth in and then shoved one of the other guys heads up the third guys ass! Hardcore!”

Nine out of ten people here would have done the same exact thing as the OP. Your going to call him a pussy because he didn’t take them on? Funny how tough everyone is on a message board. Three guys are three guys, I don’t give a shit how big or small they are.[/quote]

i agree with you there, i always thought if i ever got into a confrontation i’d go jacky chan on them. but in reality when i was attacked from behind by two guys with knives theres no back flips or screaming karate kicks.

[quote]CC wrote:
I love how these threads always turn into what all of the internet badasses who read the story would have done.

“Fuck, if that was me, bro, I’d have smashed the first guys’ fuckin’ teeth in and then shoved one of the other guys heads up the third guys ass! Hardcore!”

Nine out of ten people here would have done the same exact thing as the OP. Your going to call him a pussy because he didn’t take them on? Funny how tough everyone is on a message board. Three guys are three guys, I don’t give a shit how big or small they are.[/quote]

If 9 out of 10 would’ve just walked away without even trying then I must conclude that 9 out of 10 are pussy. You don’t have to fight to the death but don’t fucking walk away like a complete pant-shitter without even trying to take them on. Thieves know how far to push it with the scare tactics but if you look the part you can flip that shit right around. A least knock one down see what happens.

I would have ripped off their heads and shit down their necks.

I would have put them through the wood chipper feet first.

I would have slit open their bellies, nailed their intestines to a tree and chased them around it.

Or at least I would have told management and called the cops.

I would not train in a gym that allowed those pieces of shit back in the door.

You guys think on of those three guy wouldn’t have been able to pickup a dumbbell/plate and smashed his head in? It’s not like he can go around knocking people out in one punch, and that’s if he even connects.

[quote]GaMeOvEr305 wrote:
You guys think on of those three guy wouldn’t have been able to pickup a dumbbell/plate and smashed his head in? It’s not like he can go around knocking people out in one punch, and that’s if he even connects.

[/quote]
why can’t he go around knocking people out with one punch? i’ve done it a few times, allot of my friends have done it a few times.i’ve seen it done plenty of times. also i don’t know where the plates are in your gym, but there not in the locker room at mine. besides there had to be somebody else in there that would lend him a hand, or a fist.if somebody said, hey, this guy is stealing my stuff!! i would have no problem taking them down. in fact i would try a citizen arrest. i have always wanted to do that. that would be so humiliating.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Or at least I would have told management and called the cops.

I would not train in a gym that allowed those pieces of shit back in the door.[/quote]

Yup, this is the minimum that should have been done.

[quote]mazilla wrote:
GaMeOvEr305 wrote:

why can’t he go around knocking people out with one punch? i’ve done it a few times, allot of my friends have done it a few times.i’ve seen it done plenty of times. also i don’t know where the plates are in your gym, but there not in the locker room at mine. besides there had to be somebody else in there that would lend him a hand, or a fist.if somebody said, hey, this guy is stealing my stuff!! i would have no problem taking them down. in fact i would try a citizen arrest. i have always wanted to do that. that would be so humiliating.[/quote]

I have to agree with both viewpoints. it was definetly smart to back down and not get in trouble, or your ass kicked. But at the same time I don’t know if I would have done the same. hubris is a bitch! and it’s got me in more trouble than my brain ever has.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Lesson: lock your locker.[/quote]

I learned this the hard way.

I was working out at the university’s gym, and had yet to buy a lock. It figures the one fucking time I had like thirty bucks on me, some fucking jerkoff decides to rob my shit, and must have went through my jeans. What sucks is there isn’t anything I can do about it.

Needless to say, i have a lock now.

Having had my ass beaten by more then 10 people at a time, in addition to being shot once and stabbed (all seperate occassions) I would say that catching an ass beating is NOT the worse thing. Sitting in a court room wasting hundred and thousands of you dollars over some little insignificant peice of shit hurts alot more.

I’ve had plenty of experiance with thugs. By definition they almost never have the balls to fight one on one. Just know accept that as a rule. Beyond that if it’s really worth it to you just remember, everyone has to be alone sometimes.

[quote]WideGuy wrote:
Having had my ass beaten by more then 10 people at a time, in addition to being shot once and stabbed (all seperate occassions) I would say that catching an ass beating is NOT the worse thing. Sitting in a court room wasting hundred and thousands of you dollars over some little insignificant peice of shit hurts alot more.

I’ve had plenty of experiance with thugs. By definition they almost never have the balls to fight one on one. Just know accept that as a rule. Beyond that if it’s really worth it to you just remember, everyone has to be alone sometimes.[/quote]

If you catch them one on one go for it…but watch your back… and having people hunting for you is no fun at all…

On fighting multiple opponents:

I read somewhere years ago that if you are taking on multiple attackers, you actually have a slight advantage, as each guy won’t go all out cause he’ll be thinking that the other two are going to pick up the slack. Never been in a situation to test that theory, and don’t really want to.

On a side note, if you had come up behind him as if he wasn’t doing anything wrong, and thrown a hard elbow to the side of his head, smacking him into the locker(probably cutting him good and/or KOing him), and then given the other two the stink eye when they came around the corner, there’s a good chance that would have been it.

But then again, I’ve never fought outside the ring(seriously), so I can’t say what I would have done.

It does take a bigger man to walk away from trouble sometimes, though. You’ve got nothing to prove(especially to anyone you met online), but I bet it would have felt good to smash ol’ boy’s face in;)

Get them one by one with what could only be described as extreme malice. Make sure they know that it will get worse too.

[quote]CC wrote:

Actually, I wouldn’t have done the same exact thing.
Someone was trying to break into my house once and I ended up breaking the guys legs.Sometimes you just have to stand up and not let people walk over you.The police around here don’t do their job anyway.Hell,they write more speeding tickets than they do catch drug dealers.So I’d like to see what they would of done to a guy who I caught TRYING to break into my house,but actually ddin’t.

Just steal their shit when they go to workout.

Just remember what Dalton says, “No one ever wins a fight”.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
Someone was trying to break into my house once and I ended up breaking the guys legs.Sometimes you just have to stand up and not let people walk over you.The police around here don’t do their job anyway.Hell,they write more speeding tickets than they do catch drug dealers.So I’d like to see what they would of done to a guy who I caught TRYING to break into my house,but actually ddin’t.[/quote]

Home breakins usually qualify as self defense.

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
Just remember what Dalton says, “No one ever wins a fight”. [/quote]

He did, however, kick lots of dude’s asses. He was a hypocrite. He even killed that one guy.