[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
He’s already senile at 38.[/quote]

'scuse me?[/quote]

HE SAID HE’S ALREADY SENILE AT 38[/quote]

Ohhhhhhhh… haha!

Well, at least i’m not senile.[/quote]

Yeah! I may have alzheimers but at least I don’t have alzheimers!

[quote]Yashes wrote:

“…hopefully when I’m your age, I’ll have better things to do than talk shit to people 17 years younger than me at 3 in the afternoon” [/quote]

I’m 37 and fairly busy, but I know how to properly allot my time and effort so there’s always time to talk shit to people 17 years younger than me at any time of the day.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

'scuse me?[/quote]

Ohhhhhhhh… haha!

Well, at least i’m not senile.[/quote]

Yeah! I may have alzheimers but at least I don’t have alzheimers![/quote]

Mmmmmmm… do I know you?

Well played BradTGIF ^^^

Overall, whatever. Are you that bothered by it? I can’t understand why some hater would irritate you enough to warrant making a thread about it. Life is way too goddamn short to let some random jackass irk you brah.

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

'scuse me?[/quote]

ROFL[/quote]

Hilarious!

A guy used to do this to me at the gym so I shot him. Now nobody talks to me except for the cops.

:frowning:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

'scuse me?[/quote]

LMAO!

I say you two should have a curl-off

If he’s already 38 you don’t need to kill him. 38 is like so totally like old, he’s going to like turn into dust like tomorrow anyway, whatevs!

Further, how did you “almost get into a fight?”

“Almost getting in a fight” would seem to entail having people holding you back because you two were pushing each other around. Or getting kicked out of bar because of whatever.

It’s like when someone says they almost died laughing… or just ‘almost dying’ in general. Wow, so they were really within SECONDS of their life ending on the hospital bed? O rly?

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
How on earth do you know this guys age, lol. was his age tattood on his forehead? and what difference does it make a persons chronilogical age. honestly, i think this whole thread is complete and utter crap. nobody just goes up to someone, and brags how they can out bench and out curl you. I guess its possible, but i have never seen it happen. most guys are to busy with their own workouts to care about what anyone else is doing. again though, how do you know his chronilogical age. just a silly made up post. [/quote]

Wait, you’ll believe there’s aliens flying around in saucers and that you have some spiritual link with Countess Bathory but you can’t believe some fanny in a gym would brag about his lifts?

Lol…something ain’t right here =P

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

How on earth do you know this guys age, lol. was his age tattood on his forehead? [/quote]

I just had an image of some guy with a “30” in the middle of his forehead. A line etched through it and a “31” next to it with another line crossed through. A “32” next to that and so on finally a “38” up in a corner somewhere.

Btw, Bulgarian Split Squat is a stupid movement. Too much effort spent balancing and stabilizing. You lift weights to fucking move weight not dick around trying to get in position and keep from falling over. I also think for many it’s too much of a stretch position for the hip flexors.

[quote]Nards wrote:
If he’s already 38 you don’t need to kill him. 38 is like so totally like old, he’s going to like turn into dust like tomorrow anyway, whatevs![/quote]
I see the age thing is bothering you. OP can you take back the age part so Nards stops bitching.

Edit: How can some of you not see how age is related to making said guy even MORE pathetic. If the OP didn’t mention age, the guy would still be seen as a douche bag, now throw the age out there and it makes him both a douche and just plain sad.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
If he’s already 38 you don’t need to kill him. 38 is like so totally like old, he’s going to like turn into dust like tomorrow anyway, whatevs![/quote]
I see the age thing is bothering you. OP can you take back the age part so Nards stops bitching.[/quote]

Several years ago I was at the gym and walked in front of this older [probably late 40’s-early 50’s] guy with headphones on when he muttered under his breath what sounded like “Outta my way boy”. I turned around and asked “excuse me?” and he yanked his headphones out and got about a foot away from me and started not quite yelling but close “Don’t look at me, don’t talk to me, this is my gym!” or something like that. He was a pretty big guy, not jacked but tall and stocky so I put my left foot forward and squared up just in case he took another step, but it dawned on me that he was just posing so I started laughing and said “Dude, this is a public gym, what’s wrong with you?” and he continued to bump his gums. I told him I was gonna get back to my workout and we could talk about it later if he wanted. He walked away and probably 10 minutes later I saw him satnding in the middle of the gym STARING at me, and I laughed and waved went about my business. I was expecting him to be waiting for me outside, but he wasn’t and I never saw him again. People are weird man, and the longer I’m alive the more I recognize this fact.

[quote]Yashes wrote:
Almost got into a fight with a 38 year old douche at the gym today

a little background about me: I’m 21 years old, bulked from 110 to 160 last year, and I’m still trying to gain more, been going to the same shitty commercial gym(LA fitness) during off-peak hours.

Anyways, today was leg day, I had heavy box squats, bulgarian split squats, and romanian deadlifts along with some calf work on my agenda. Towards the end of the box squats this 38 year old dude, one head shorter than me, and probably 50 lbs heavier than me(probably in fat) came up to me and started talking shit about how he could “out curl, and out bench” me.

He does this shit everyday, normally I’m whatever about it, but today I politely told him, “look man, fuck off and leave me alone…hopefully when I’m your age, I’ll have better things to do than talk shit to people 17 years younger than me at 3 in the afternoon” Then after threatening me, he walked away and started talking shit to the 4 other people in the weightroom about MY lack of progress. saying stuff like: this guy does CRAZY ass exercises and he’s STILL the same size.

this guy does variations of the bench press, curls, leg extensions, and smith machine squats. that’s all i’ve seen him do

in my head, I’m like: yeah man…squats are the most unusual exercise ever.

This is the first direct confrontation I’ve had in the gym with someone, so I’m asking you, does this guy just have little-dick syndrome and feels the need to compensate by bothering people all the time, or was I being rude?

despite the bullshit, I still managed to finish my work out while he kept talking. [/quote]

So where was the almost fight?

Douchebag: I can out-curl you!
You: Yes you can. (walks away)

I don’t think he’ll have much to say after that.

This happened to me a while go, maybe 3 or 4 yrs ago. Hyena and i were lifting, and laughing in the gym as usual. Some scrawny older guy, probably around 40 himself, catches eyes with me and just says “Fucking ass!!” “Pardon?” i respond, obviously confused where the blue fuck this guy is coming from. “Fuck you Assholes!” He screams as he literally quick walks out of the room. I shrug it off, because i have no idea what this dude’s problem is.

A week or so down the road, im in the gym doing DB arcs overhead, when he walks up to me, “Anytime Son, whenever you want to do it, we’ll go outside.” “What are you even talking about dude?” “CMon, lets go outside!” “Seriously, leave me alone dude.” And i walk away.

Another week or so. I walk into the weight room, and see him there. As soon i was in, he starts giving me the stink eye, so i just walk right up to him. "Look man, this is ridiculous. im not going to continue working out here when you’re constantly looking at me like that. What is it you THINK i did. Please tell me, so we can clear up this mistake.

He then goes on to explain how he thought we were laughing at him a while back and how it really pissed him off. We talk for a few minutes, and he apologizes about it all. Then comments on how much he loves the Punisher, towards a Punisher shirt i was wearing at the time, 3 shirt sizes ago. Honestly havent seen him since that day.

Eh, OP, let this be a lesson not to talk to fuckups at the gym. You’ve got to accept some responsibility for this it seems, as you’ve obviously had confrontations with him before, yet still talked to him this time. As others have mentioned, get the headphones on and ignore assholes. I’d chalk it up to “lesson learned.” Maybe you can use this guy as a case study on how to ignore people in the future. Take notes…lol.

Anyway, this reminds me of my “almost fight” story from a college weight-room. I was in a tiny, dirty, little-used, wight room in an old gym. That day was “busy” because there were four of us there. Some guy training his son, and some old guy (probably around the age of your old asshole). I remember it was weird because, despite being a college gym, I was obviously the only college-aged person there. Anyway, I’m minding my own business, when the douche starts talking to the boy and his dad. This guy is going on-and-on about how “this is America” and how “we shouldn’t be speaking Spanish.” This fuck-up was in a college gym bad-mouthing people for learning other languages. A complete tool.

So he keeps going on-and-on-and-on. Finally–only because I was a stupid kid–I’ve decided that I’ve heard enough and say something. I don’t remember exactly what it was, but basically, “I speak Spanish and think all intelligent people should be able to speak other languages. Problem?” The guy shot up from his bench in a flash, red-faced and angry. He took a step toward me. I didn’t even pause in my set though, I just gave him a condescending look and said, “what?” I thank god I was a lot stronger than that guy, and he had seen it, as I’m sure that factored into his decision to turn around and leave.

Looking back, I think I was stupid (although a funny kid story). OP, my advice to you and to my past self is to ignore the fool. Nowadays in the same situation I would have walked up to the kid (not the asshole) and told the kid what I thought of the guy so that the other guy didn’t know what I had said.

…lol