T Nation

Almond Milk WTF

Switched up to almond milk in my protein shakes and loved it. Bought a couple yesterday and popped one open to make my protein shake and it came out all lumpy. This is maybe my fourth liter of almond milk and none of my others have been lumpy. Tried to find out if Almond milk is like cow milk and it becomes lumpy when it goes bad but can’t find much info. I literally bought the milk from ralphs and took it to my fridge and the next day it was lumpy. WTF… But it didn’t smell bad. Anyone who drinks almond milk ever have a problem with it being lumpy?

Yeah, it can get kinda lumpy from sitting around. I just shake the fuck out of it before I pour it. Seems to work.

[quote]Icarus wrote:
Yeah, it can get kinda lumpy from sitting around. I just shake the fuck out of it before I pour it. Seems to work.[/quote]

No kidding? Good to know, so how do u know when it’s gone bad then?

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

[quote]Icarus wrote:
Yeah, it can get kinda lumpy from sitting around. I just shake the fuck out of it before I pour it. Seems to work.[/quote]

No kidding? Good to know, so how do u know when it’s gone bad then?[/quote]
When it smells like poo.

I refrigerate mine and it seems to last forever. Since I don’t use milk much I love the stuff since the expiration is usually a couple months out.

In my experience, the taste changes some. It tastes a little bitter when it’s going bad. I think on the blue diamond brand it says that it will stay “fresh” 7-10 days after you open the carton. Hope this helps.

[quote]danew wrote:
In my experience, the taste changes some. It tastes a little bitter when it’s going bad. I think on the blue diamond brand it says that it will stay “fresh” 7-10 days after you open the carton. Hope this helps.[/quote]
So you’ve experienced lumpy almond milk as well?? Just trying to get a feel for how norm this is. I think it’s odd because I’ve drank it before and never noticed this problem til my most recent carton.

[quote]Icarus wrote:
I just shake the fuck out of it.[/quote]

This is a great solution for almost any problem.