T Nation

Almond Butter lmao

Wow that stuff is good… i find myself just eating it out of the jar on a cheat meal lmao… i know this is a little bit of a pointless thread but i wanted to see how you guys use it un your diets…

J

Yeah it’s fucking delicious. I have a big spoonful every night.

Yes, very addictive. If you haven’t tried cashew butter it’s pretty damn tasty too.

FYI…Costco has a brand of Almond butter that has added flax seed / oil. Good stuff and cheap too.

I use Trader Joe’s Almond Butter, raw, unsalted. Spoon it out of the jar or mix it in a protein shake.

But it’s so damn pricey compared to good ol’ Nat PB :’(

You put it in your protien shake huh.,. hmm i might have to try it… I get the same kind from Trader joes.

almond butter in the oatmeal. period.

I tried a jar from Whole Foods, and thought it tasted terrible. Maybe I’ll have to try a different brand.

Try it in the lab rabbit cookies from one of the recent articles.

I’ve always found almond butter rather bland compared to peanut butter, I generally favor nuts over almond butter.

You’ll find it bland because it’s not loaded with sugar and other ingredients to make it appealing to the typical American taste buds, which are used to loads of processed foods that are high in sugar and salt. Try it a couple times and I bet you’ll come to like it, but it’s always going to be hard to switch to a healthier version of something when it has a lot less sugar/salt/or other non-nutritious flavor boosters.

It’s a bit too pricey in the UK.

I fucking love almonds, though, so I may look for a recipe in order to make my own.

Couldn’t be simpler to make your own, lol. Gonna make some later.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
Trader Joe’s Raw Unsalted almond butter in the oatmeal. period.[/quote]

fixed

I’m allergic to almonds so I will not “Taste Heaven” :frowning:

Or do you think that the makeup of almond butter to almonds is different?

[quote]Badunk wrote:
It’s a bit too pricey in the UK.

I fucking love almonds, though, so I may look for a recipe in order to make my own. [/quote]

Holland & Barrett stock it and Tesco’s, expensive compared to PB - about £2.80 a 250g jar I think. I’m probably doing a jar a week…

I dont think so fuzzy apple the main ingredient in my stuff is Almondss=[ sorry

[quote]ACTrain wrote:
I use Trader Joe’s Almond Butter, raw, unsalted. Spoon it out of the jar or mix it in a protein shake.[/quote]

TJ’s raw, unsalted is pretty good. Decent price too. I can’t stop eating it with their Ezekiel bread.

blend it with a cookies n cream protein, skim, cottage cheese and ice

tastes like pb cookie dough