Allow Myself to Introduce,Myself

Im 5’11" 195lbs, just turned 21. Ive been away from weight training and overall eating right for a couple years now. Always been a little overweight, but for the past 2 weeks ive been eating nothing but chicken, eggs, fish, nuts, veggies, whey and the like. Already down 5 lbs and feel great.

Just wanted to introduce myself and go from lurker to poster, and thanks for all the members for posting a shitload of information, its helped out tons!!

Welcome to the site, good luck in your endeavors.

Hello,

Good to meet you. Pick a routine and try it out. Watch out for flames. People here are very outspoken and we tend to have fun with the forums.

Check this thread out for a laugh and to see how things can go terribly wrong. If nothing else you can understand the shoe fetish with the photo’s on the site.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=868493

Welcome bud! Good luck with everything :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, and yes ive seen the flames fly, guess its kind of a right of passage thing.

I found this 8 week program from another site freetrainers.com, its pretty basic and works the full body once a week, biceps and tri’s twice a week, 4 on 3 off. Think its a good program to get me back on track.

[quote]badnewsbert wrote:

I found this 8 week program from another site freetrainers.com, its pretty basic and works the full body once a week, biceps and tri’s twice a week, 4 on 3 off. Think its a good program to get me back on track.

[/quote]

That does not sound like a good program to me at all. Work the small muscles with more frequency than the large muscles? Crapola of the highest level. You would be better off checking out some of Waterbury’s programs on this site. Treat your body as it is, a beginner.

[quote]Avoids Roids wrote:
badnewsbert wrote:

That does not sound like a good program to me at all. Work the small muscles with more frequency than the large muscles? Crapola of the highest level. You would be better off checking out some of Waterbury’s programs on this site. Treat your body as it is, a beginner.

[/quote]

Whats up avoids Roids!

Yea, me thinks Waterbury methods good for beginners. Small muscle groups more than compound movements does not sound too good.

Some of the writers here are really good.

Nothing to add but cheers on the thread title. I can’t get that damn scene out of my head now.

Well it seems pretty solid, deads, squats dumbell flyes and the works. Ill check out the Waterbury, and i was thinkin bout switchin in the Guns in 12 weeks workouts for what i was doin.