Allergy Season

I hate allergies!!!

Sorry had to share … my eyes are blood shot and itching. My nose is running like a water fall or is plugged up like 2 rubber stoppers. My ears are popping left right and center. The only thing I can take that does make me jump out of my skin is Diphenhydramine hydrochloride. But side effect of sleepiness and being doped up is not a good one when your job requires you to be alert.

Anyone got any tips?

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
I hate allergies!!!

Sorry had to share … my eyes are blood shot and itching. My nose is running like a water fall or is plugged up like 2 rubber stoppers. My ears are popping left right and center. The only thing I can take that does make me jump out of my skin is Diphenhydramine hydrochloride. But side effect of sleepiness and being doped up is not a good one when your job requires you to be alert.

Anyone got any tips?[/quote]

Shit, bro! Drink a ton of water, and move around to get the blood flowing. The only things that will help. Sorry.

Get a netti pot. I finally got one a week ago and I am hooked on it. I am flushing my nose out like 4 times a day, it’s great fun.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Get a netti pot. I finally got one a week ago and I am hooked on it. I am flushing my nose out like 4 times a day, it’s great fun.[/quote]

Do those really work? I heard of them and I was skeptical about it. I always thought It just clears the sinus cavity.

Maybe you are allergic to dirt.

They are really bothering my wife this year.

She uses the netti-pot and says it helps. Also has a prescription for something called Clarinex (not clariton). Also seems to help.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Maybe you are allergic to dirt.[/quote]

Yeah it could be …but the women like it when your dirty.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN DIRTBAG!
I am having a serious problem over here. I ran out of the ONLY THING that helps me with allergies

I highly recommend it

It is XYZAL, its the best pill ever
unless I just happened to lose my allergies while taking them, and they randomly appeared when I ran out

I hear ya Bro, allergies really suck. I’m allergic to grass, dust, cats, dogs and just about everything else you can breathe in. I’ve taken Zyrtec and it really seems to help alot. I took Allegra for a while and that helped somewhat. I highly recommend the sinus rinses. I tried the neti pot but I use the NeilMed sinus rinse bottle now. My ear/nose/throat doc recommended the bottle after my surgery for a deviated septum and turbinate reduction. It works way better than the neti pot because it applies a little more water pressure. I do my rinses in the shower morning and night.

Good Luck!

P.S. if you go with the Zyrtec buy it at Costco. Like everything else, it’s way cheaper.

I had this at the start of summmer here - my hayfever always sucks - and even more so in the Northern Hemisphere.

During allergy season I get something the doctor called “allergy induced asthma”. When there’s alot of shit in the air it’s gets hard to breath without an inhaler. I also get bronchitis and other lung infections quite often. That really sucks because it’s during football season although the pollen and stuff has to be extremely high.

[quote]DavidSappenfield wrote:
It works way better than the neti pot because it applies a little more water pressure. [/quote]

Hey pal…I think you and I are gonna have to meet in the middle of the street around high noon…ain’t nothin’ (NOTHIN’!!) work better than a neti pot. Don’t make me break my hoe Christine out and have her stomp yo ass !

Also, nasonex once a day and a generic claritin help.

[quote]sen say wrote:
DavidSappenfield wrote:
It works way better than the neti pot because it applies a little more water pressure.

Hey pal…I think you and I are gonna have to meet in the middle of the street around high noon…ain’t nothin’ (NOTHIN’!!) work better than a neti pot. Don’t make me break my hoe Christine out and have her stomp yo ass !

Also, nasonex once a day and a generic claritin help.[/quote]

Ha, I’ll see you there!!

The bottle actually does the exact same thing as the neti pot just with a little more pressure. You also don’t have to turn your head sideways and lean over the sink. I feel like a weirdo using a neti pot!!

Get local honey and eat a bunch of it for breakfast. This really helped out when I had bad pollen allergies when I was younger.

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
Get local honey and eat a bunch of it for breakfast. This really helped out when I had bad pollen allergies when I was younger.[/quote]

I heard of this last year and bought 2 jars to use over the year. All I can say is it just slightly decreased the symptoms. But they still exist.

You just described my day completed - i’m in MI and last night I woke up at 3am with a serious allergy attack - couldnt stop sneezing and my throat itched like crazy. Today my eyes water and i’m sniffling and sneezing like crazy.

The worst part is that all the antihistamine pills I’ve taken SUCK. I’ve tried literally everything - I have an adverse reaction to benadryl because of RLS, pseudoephedrine makes me out of it for the day, and phenlyphrene doesn’t do jack shit. The others do various similar things.

The only thing that works for me is the netti pot, and also Zicam the nasal spray. But the only issue with Zicam is that you can’t use it too often, or else your allergies will come back STRONG when you stop. I use Zicam as a last resort if my nose is really plugged up when I want to go to sleep.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:

I heard of this last year and bought 2 jars to use over the year. [/quote]

There is your problem. You need to be having, depending on the size of the jar, about 1/2 of one a week assuming it is the standard size you’d buy at the store.

It could and probably would throw off your diet if your low carbs. If not it’d be great for post workout. Make sure it is from local honey bee farms otherwise it won’t help you allergies.

Then again it may just not help you that much. I used to have to take prescription claritin and it would put me to sleep at school. The honey was a nice alternative and it worked…least for me.

What about getting allergy shots?

I like netti pots… when ur not stuffed up they only take a second to use…when ur all stuffed up they take forever and sometimes its so clogged the water dont go through :S

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
dirtbag wrote:

I heard of this last year and bought 2 jars to use over the year.

There is your problem. You need to be having, depending on the size of the jar, about 1/2 of one a week assuming it is the standard size you’d buy at the store.

It could and probably would throw off your diet if your low carbs. If not it’d be great for post workout. Make sure it is from local honey bee farms otherwise it won’t help you allergies.

Then again it may just not help you that much. I used to have to take prescription claritin and it would put me to sleep at school. The honey was a nice alternative and it worked…least for me.

What about getting allergy shots?
[/quote]

Wow that much honey? Ok I was told a teaspoon 2 times daily.
Guess I will have to try again. Sounds more like 3 tbls or 4 a day.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
I hate allergies!!!

Sorry had to share … my eyes are blood shot and itching. My nose is running like a water fall or is plugged up like 2 rubber stoppers. My ears are popping left right and center.

Anyone got any tips?[/quote]

After re-reading your original post, I think the problem is you are letting Mak, Print, Renton, Beast, and 2 other homoes shoot their highly allergenic semen into your eyes (Mak and Print) nostrils (Renton and Beast) and ears (2 other homoes). Why don’t you have them blast their creamy man-milk on your chest or ass instead of your head?

Hope this helps.