Allergic To Unhealthy Food?

Ok…haha im trying to make sense of this but for about a year now i have had a very clean diet and for the last couple months i have not “cheated” at all…meaning no cheat meals nothing unhealthy. It seems though that I may be allergic or unable to digest unhealthy food now properly?

Last week i cheated twice due to particular circumstances. The first instance was i had no food available and was over a friends house and was forced to eat greasy pizza instead of starving for hours. Other instance I was invited out for ice cream on a date and I ate the ice cream for the sake of the date. In both instances i didnt feel particularly good and had severe trouble sleeping due to a huge painful gas bubble in my stomach.

I had alot of trouble digesting and was in a large amount of pain. In the past when i would have the occasional cheat meal this would not happen but since I have not cheated in months until now i have noticed significant problems.

My diet mainly consists of eggs, veggies, lean meats, fruit and various Biotest supplements.

I am wondering what to do and if anyone else has experienced such symptoms. My friend paralleled it to Dave Tate and his transformation when he attempted to eat healthy food for the first time after many years of eating unhealthily.

All suggestions are welcome and thank you for reading.

[quote]stranberg18 wrote:
Ok…haha im trying to make sense of this but for about a year now i have had a very clean diet and for the last couple months i have not “cheated” at all…meaning no cheat meals nothing unhealthy. It seems though that I may be allergic or unable to digest unhealthy food now properly?

Last week i cheated twice due to particular circumstances. The first instance was i had no food available and was over a friends house and was forced to eat greasy pizza instead of starving for hours. Other instance I was invited out for ice cream on a date and I ate the ice cream for the sake of the date. In both instances i didnt feel particularly good and had severe trouble sleeping due to a huge painful gas bubble in my stomach.

I had alot of trouble digesting and was in a large amount of pain. In the past when i would have the occasional cheat meal this would not happen but since I have not cheated in months until now i have noticed significant problems.

My diet mainly consists of eggs, veggies, lean meats, fruit and various Biotest supplements.

I am wondering what to do and if anyone else has experienced such symptoms. My friend paralleled it to Dave Tate and his transformation when he attempted to eat healthy food for the first time after many years of eating unhealthily.

All suggestions are welcome and thank you for reading.
[/quote]

This is a bodybuilding forum. It matters very little how “clean” you are eating all of the time or that you NEVER have cheat meals if you aren’t making significant progress by eating that way. How much muscle have you gained as a result of your eating habits? How much fat lost?

It is more likely that you are overly restrictive with your food intake. Any deviance from a very strict diet could potential cause digestive problems. That makes me question why your diet is so strict before anything else.

It also may be how much you ate too. If you’re used to eating small meals often and then one day you land up eating a large meal after fasting for awhile, it is likely you will land up with gas/stomach cramps/the shits.

Like the one day I decided I would start bulking and blended a half a gallon of whole milk with a quart of ice cream and a jar of peanut butter and drank it…

Pizza and ice cream are not unhealthy foods per se!

Anyway, as well as simply reacting to a large dietary shift, you might also consider that cheese and ice cream are both dairy products.

In regards to professor x I have been eating a caloric surplus each day and have been slowly gaining muscle and a little fat. I have gained 20 lbs since December. I would say the muscle, glycogen, and water weight gain outweigh the fat gained merely from increase in lifting numbers and better physical appearence.

The reason why I eat “clean” is because i want to lessen the fat gains from bulking and still be able to gain muscle. I also enjoy only eating healthy foods since then I do not get off track my diet.

It is not an exact calorie counting but I do manage to eat alot through out the day. I know I eat alot so I dont think small meals or fasting is even in question, since I am doing the exact opposite. And in regards to dairy, I eat diary all the time so I dont think that should be a problem since I also eat cheese and drink milk.

But yaaaa…hahah idk please keep discussing ty haha

Heh. I had exactly the same thing happen.

Memorial day weekend i went with the wife to A&W in the midwest and hooked it up: Double cheeseburger, fries, onion rings and of course Root Beer.

Then i just looked at my watch and said “I’m gonna give this about 20 minutes”. Lo and behold i was parked in the bathroom 20 minutes later with major stomach “issues”…(I’ll spare the gory details).
Still was a damn good meal.

Anyway…yeah, that’s what happens. Your stomach gets used to what you eat…and the good news is, your body is used to healthy, clean food!
Actually a great problem to have!
Think what a healthy country we’d be living in if people got sick from eating shitty fat-soaked, processed, sugar-loaded fast food and pizza.

Your norm is healthy food. So when you throw something Abnormal into your stomach it will basically be like it’s saying “what the hell is this crap?”

And it can definitely happen both ways.
Dave Tate being the perfect example, where he would barf if he ate clean(when he was eating garbage all the time)…and now he’s come full circle and gets sick from eating too much garbage (because he eats healthy all the time)

Anyway, if you’re wondering how to not have this be such a “shock” to your system. Have some of these foods on a small scale weekly as a cheat meal.