All This Protein Upsets My Stomach

Ha hello again, I’ve read that your supposed to get 1.5-2 grams of protein per body weight, So I try to get about 350-400 grams a day, but this makes my stomach hurt all day… Is it possible to get too much protein? Im eating like a damn horse. Getting atleast 5000 clean calories a day.

well, how much protein were you getting, i imagine that it would be fairly difficult for your body to adjust to a jump like that.

Its like when you start increasing your water intake, going from 3-4 glasses a day to drinking a gallon and a half of water a day is gonna result in pissing ever 25 minutes if go straight for it.

Just like anything in this way of life, its about patience, easing yourself into it, not burning yourself out.

–JB

[quote]Irish_Iron wrote:
Ha hello again, I’ve read that your supposed to get 1.5-2 grams of protein per body weight, So I try to get about 350-400 grams a day, but this makes my stomach hurt all day… Is it possible to get too much protein? Im eating like a damn horse. Getting atleast 5000 clean calories a day.[/quote]

to much no not realy but id drop it to simple 1gram per lb thatll be enough and leave some room for easily digested foods to hit the intake#

Phill

Sure it can, you can lower it and see if it makes a difference. Are you sure you getting that much and 5000 clean a day? Today, for example, what did you eat?

I am asking bc you weigh 180 and it seems like 5000 is a lot. What are your goals? I was eating 5000 a day when bulking while at 250-260.

A

[quote]Irish_Iron wrote:
Ha hello again, I’ve read that your supposed to get 1.5-2 grams of protein per body weight, So I try to get about 350-400 grams a day, but this makes my stomach hurt all day… Is it possible to get too much protein? Im eating like a damn horse. Getting atleast 5000 clean calories a day.[/quote]

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Sure it can, you can lower it and see if it makes a difference. Are you sure you getting that much and 5000 clean a day? Today, for example, what did you eat?

I am asking bc you weigh 180 and it seems like 5000 is a lot. What are your goals? I was eating 5000 a day when bulking while at 250-260.

A

Irish_Iron wrote:
Ha hello again, I’ve read that your supposed to get 1.5-2 grams of protein per body weight, So I try to get about 350-400 grams a day, but this makes my stomach hurt all day… Is it possible to get too much protein? Im eating like a damn horse. Getting atleast 5000 clean calories a day.

[/quote]

Hey AA, you eat like a 180 pound high school kid…punk.

–JB

lol

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

A

Irish_Iron wrote:

Hey AA, you eat like a 180 pound high school kid…punk.

–JB[/quote]

Breakfast- Oatmeal with blueberries, 50g Protein Shake, Bottle of Water

Lunch- Chicken Breast Sandwich (Whole Wheat Bread) Romaine Lettuce No condiments or cheese.

50 Gram protein Shake
Baked Potato

Lift

Baked Potato
2 HUGE Chicken Breasts
50g protein shake

Protein Shake

And Protein Shake

No Sodas
No Trans Fats
No Simple Sugars

Read where it says “HCL: You Are What you Assimilate”
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1257805

you may also want to follow up on Shugart’s HCL Diaries
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1259089&pageNo=0

I don’t know the exact portion sizes, but it’s hard to believe that you are getting 5000 kcals.

Anyway, what strikes me is that you are consuming very little fruits and vegetables. Also, is there a reason why the majority of meals consist of shakes instead of whole food?

Do you want me to take the calculator out or do you want to do it? I am not trying to be a dick bro but unless you are drinking 1000 calorie shakes, there is no way that adds to 5000 cals.

Also, u are getting way too many calories from shakes, u need more whole foods. The whole foods you are eating are solid though.

Good luck and train hard,

A

[quote]Irish_Iron wrote:
Breakfast- Oatmeal with blueberries, 50g Protein Shake, Bottle of Water

Lunch- Chicken Breast Sandwich (Whole Wheat Bread) Romaine Lettuce No condiments or cheese.

50 Gram protein Shake
Baked Potato

Lift

Baked Potato
2 HUGE Chicken Breasts
50g protein shake

Protein Shake

And Protein Shake

No Sodas
No Trans Fats
No Simple Sugars[/quote]

Exactly, and the shakes also contribute to the upset stomach. He is drinking five a day…

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
I don’t know the exact portion sizes, but it’s hard to believe that you are getting 5000 kcals.

Anyway, what strikes me is that you are consuming very little fruits and vegetables. Also, is there a reason why the majority of meals consist of shakes instead of whole food?[/quote]

K, what I am going to start doing is going to the grocery store on Sunday and cooking all my food for the week on one day becuase I dont have time to do it everyday, that why i drink so many shakes. My Schedule is packed, I’m juggling school, baseball, and weightlifting all at once, Cant wait till Summer.

[quote]Irish_Iron wrote:
K, what I am going to start doing is going to the grocery store on Sunday and cooking all my food for the week on one day becuase I dont have time to do it everyday, that why i drink so many shakes. My Schedule is packed, I’m juggling school, baseball, and weightlifting all at once, Cant wait till Summer.[/quote]

there you go, already on the ball. its too bad most people don’t respond to advice this way.

for veggies try to process them twice a week. this means fitting in a quick trip to the grocer and then washing and cutting it all up and putting it in boxes in the fridge. along with your mass protein cooking, it will really simplify feeding.

you are really going to love not having to prepare food when you are busy, as long as you pay the piper up front. skinless, oven-roasted chicken thighs plus a couple fish oil caps, some salad and a piece of fruit is a very complete and balanced meal that travels well and can be wolfed down quick.

which leads me to the final point, cook your meat while you process the veggies on the weekend and you save even more time (but looking at the way you responded to advice, you probably already figured this). also making sure your kitchen and food processing equipment are clean before you go shopping is key. anyhow, goodluck.

[quote]Irish_Iron wrote:
K, what I am going to start doing is going to the grocery store on Sunday and cooking all my food for the week on one day becuase I dont have time to do it everyday, that why i drink so many shakes. My Schedule is packed, I’m juggling school, baseball, and weightlifting all at once, Cant wait till Summer.[/quote]

Also, what exactly is IN the shakes you are making?

Are they just pure protein? Because that will also be seriously hard on your stomach…if it’s just protein.

Start getting creative with them and you can get more nutrients, fruits, fats, grains…etc.

I always liked putting yogurt into my shakes. Tastes great, makes the shake creamier and yogurt is a big help with digestion issues.

Also:
Fruits, almond butter, peanut butter, oats, other cereals, flax, olive oil and other oils, etc can all help make the shakes more complete meals and will make things easier on your stomach by slowing absorption.

Yes, just GNC Brand protein, 2 scoops with Skim Milk. 50g.

Im going to start adding peanut butter or yougurt… I found a drink called the slammer that contains protein powder, peanut butter, honey and a banana. Sounds a lil easier on the stomach.

[quote]Irish Iron wrote:
Yes, just GNC Brand protein, 2 scoops with Skim Milk. 50g.
Im going to start adding peanut butter or yougurt… I found a drink called the slammer that contains protein powder, peanut butter, honey and a banana. Sounds a lil easier on the stomach.
[/quote]

Yeah…if you add more things it will definitely be easier on the stomach.

Using yogurt and a little water as a replacement for milk or water that you would usually mix with the protein powder is a good trick…tastes great and will help digestion.

This was one of my favorites:

2 Scoops Chocolate Metabolic Drive
-no, i’m not a Biotest commercial, but after 20 years of drinking tons of different stuff, this is hands down the best i’ve tasted with the best quality ingredients.

2 big tablespoons natural chunky peanut butter

1/4 cup oats

small (or big) handful pecans

cup of dannon light-n-fit yogurt, vanilla
-use the cup the yogurt came in and add water while blending until it’s the thickness you like.

throw all that in a blender…tastes amazing.

Also, since you’re bulking, you could up the peanut butter or oats…or go for non-light yogurt.
You can also alter it to your tastes, but the basics of combining the Metabolic Drive, yogurt and peanut butter is amazing.