All the Time in the World

I just got laid off and Im going to do squat till at least the new year. This coincided with me moving in with my grandmother next week while I figure out what my next move is.

Ive been trying to lose fat and have lost about 7 lbs in the last 2 months. Right now I have few distractions and all the time in the world to focus on bringing back the six pack.

My diet is on point. Dont try me, fool. My poop is green and smells like the beach.

I already put in 2-4 days a week of an upper lower split with all compound exercises. Sometimes I do shoulder prehab and a couple complexes if Im feeling like something new.

Should I add more weight sessions or cardio? I really hate cardio, but I could ride my bike to my new gym, its a few miles. Or I could start going to spinning classes or something to try to pull some tail.

Anyways, I got time to kill, what would you do if you had all the time in the world to lose fat? HFT?

And the velocity diet doesnt count, that would just leave me with MORE time to kill haha. Im actually going to do a VD week next week to try to bust a plateau and then up my calories and activity significantly.

Found this, done and done:

If you have all the time in the world, why not spend it trying to put on some mass? You could have nothing to worry about but lifting, eating, and resting… maybe looking for a new job… Cutting is a relatively fast and predictable process compared to putting on new muscle.
What do you want to cut for anyways? It’s winter.

I’m with Artem on this one. I just got laid off too and am taking the opportunity to live like a bodybuilder: Sleep, eat, and lift.

[quote]Artem wrote:
If you have all the time in the world, why not spend it trying to put on some mass? You could have nothing to worry about but lifting, eating, and resting… maybe looking for a new job… Cutting is a relatively fast and predictable process compared to putting on new muscle.
What do you want to cut for anyways? It’s winter.[/quote]

guy just got laid off. I’m sure he has better things to do with his money than worry about buying more food to put on weight.

About 3 years ago I bulked up not so cleanly from 190 to a max of 225 at 6’ before I burned out and had to stop. Ive maintained about 208ish for the past year or so and recently got down to 199-200 on this diet. It was cool getting big but right now I am all about getting lean again and then putting on mass slowly and deliberately afterwards.

Like maybe try to get to 190 and chill for a while and then build up some lagging parts.

Plus im in florida, I wore a t shirt and jeans out last night. Beach weather can strike at any moment.

Yeah and it will be nice not spending a ton on groceries. I may go to B school in the fall or end up working for myself and living the dream so keeping costs low could be important going forward