All Powerful American Government

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
PimpBot5000 wrote:
What specific events or chain of events do you think would make Joe Six-pack get off his couch and take to the streets?

When the majority of people have nothing left to lose because of overbearing taxation, devaluation of the currency, and stultifying regulations they will have nothing to fear in revolt.

That is why it is imperative to change people’s minds peacefully with ideas and not bombs and violence.[/quote]

Todays Political machine is balanced too well and they’ll push people to the brink and pull back. That’s why it will never happen. They know just how far to go. They have the masses down to a science. SO im sorry but people will never do anything. America lost it’s teeth a long time ago. It’s all romanticism now.

[quote]Gregus wrote:

Todays Political machine is balanced too well and they’ll push people to the brink and pull back. That’s why it will never happen. They know just how far to go. They have the masses down to a science. [/quote]

Indeed, they do!

http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/bernprop.html

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Vegita wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
I do certainly agree that the executive branch has FARRRRR too much power. It’s too much like an election for King.

Our legislative branch is nothing more than highly paid political prostitutes. Putting out for the highest bidder over and over. Meanwhile the regular joes who don’t feel like going to pay for sex, go without more and more. It astounds me just how many campaign promises are broken on a regular basis. And our in bed with the government media doesn’t call a single on of them on it. The only bad press a politician will ever get is if they do something you would see on reality TV, like sleep with a whore, or shoot thier buddy in the face while bird hunting. Promise your constituents you will vote against any spending increase and then do exactly the opposite when in power, who cares about that.

V

Im waiting for more people to wake up to this fact. The campaign is all about telling people what they want to hear, what they need to hear. Then once elected it;s business as usual. Both parties play us for fools. Like 2 tennis players and we’re the tennis ball.

People, this is why i don;t vote. I’ll never vote and make sure all my kids never vote either. I see through the lies and deceptions and lost all faith in Politics. For the last 20 years it’s the same BS. lol. Read my lips, no new taxes, lol. Garbage in garbage out. [/quote]

Every generation needs a new revolution.
Thomas Jefferson
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

What did Bush do? Triple the government? What did Obama do? Double the government and he is set to double it again.
I think it’s stupid not to vote, you might be under the impression that all politicians are bad, but youtube some videos from dennis kucinich and Ron Paul who in my opinion are still in it for the people. Ron Paul is attempting to audit the federal reserve which I think is a great step in the right direction. Also I think this is a cool video relating to the topic:

Explain to me why, during the Great Depression, we (Americans) did not press a revolution, even though people were dying and the system was broken? Would you not say the President was meddling in private industry and packing the courts just as much as what’s happening today? Keep it mature, I am not attacking anyone’s views.

There was an opportunity for a political solution when Ron Paul ran in the primaries. Yet, I wonder how many of you who preach about corruption in government actually gave Dr. Paul a shot. Check out his voting record in Congress. He is the most consistent fiscal conservative and small government proponent in the House.

Sure, some of Dr. Paul’s ideas were probably far fetched or unreasonable given the attitude of our society now, but it doesn’t change the fact that the core of most of his tenants are completely the opposite of big government, deficit spending, and world-policing.

I thought Jorge Bush killed fiscal conservatism.

[quote]Thors Spammer wrote:
There was an opportunity for a political solution when Ron Paul ran in the primaries. Yet, I wonder how many of you who preach about corruption in government actually gave Dr. Paul a shot. Check out his voting record in Congress. He is the most consistent fiscal conservative and small government proponent in the House.

Sure, some of Dr. Paul’s ideas were probably far fetched or unreasonable given the attitude of our society now, but it doesn’t change the fact that the core of most of his tenants are completely the opposite of big government, deficit spending, and world-policing.[/quote]

He was the only candidate worth voting for. I would have, but Oklahoma’s unconstitutional state laws only allow an individual to vote Democrat or Republican.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
The answer is not Ron Paul. Even though I voted for him.

The answer, short of the revolution proposed by LIFTI, is Congress. Even with our system of checks and balances the Founders endowed the Congress with all the trump cards. Our Congress willingly became the weak link. Nature abhors a vacuum; so does the federal government. When Congress ceded its power the courts and the executive branch were ready, willing and able to step in and siphon it off.[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more. When the congress rubber-stamps every program presented by the executive, we basically have a king and his court, not a representative government. Congress should have acted during the last administration to stop certain things, and should CERTAINLY be acting now to stop this multi-faceted federal power grab. The PEOPLE need to wake the fuck up and clean house in the midterms, but it won’t happen. The brainwashing and misinformation campaign is just too tough right now. Witness the fact that ABC is now basically the White House press office.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
The answer is not Ron Paul. Even though I voted for him.

The answer, short of the revolution proposed by LIFTI, is Congress. Even with our system of checks and balances the Founders endowed the Congress with all the trump cards. Our Congress willingly became the weak link. Nature abhors a vacuum; so does the federal government. When Congress ceded its power the courts and the executive branch were ready, willing and able to step in and siphon it off.[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more, though I think it would never hurt to have a strong ally in the highest seat in the land. If you guys are really serious, Ron Paul has started a thing called Campaign for Liberty. Check it out, it’s essentially a support group for people of the same integrity and political leanings (small gavernment) as Dr Paul. You can check to see if you have any local candidates, or state candidates who you could choose to support, or you could even support any candidate. It’s also a good place to network and share ideas. I think ultimately Ron Paul KNEW that if he bacame president, all he would really be able to do was nothing for 4 years, He would do that because that is what the president is supposed to do. Congress is where the action is supposed to happen, and it should be much easier to get people into congress. Even if we could get like 10-15 small government advocates in power, it would effectively null the two party system. They could always oppose the spending by the side with more votes at the time. Effectively slowing down the rediculous spending. And maybe eventually, with enough of them in congress, we could actually have more bills like audit the fed, and they would pass with little change and we could get back to being America the Free and Prosperous.

V