T Nation

All Over the Place with My TRT

Can someone help me? I am new to the forum and realize I am educating myself late in the game. I feel like crap.......

49 year old male
6'1"
34" waist
191 lbs
Heavy facial & body hair
fat stored around waist -

HISTORY
I was diagnosed with low t about 2 years ago. i was having intense "hot flashes", trouble sleeping and i had not seen a morning wood in years. I was given 10 100mg pellets and did very well on them. i went back to my endo several times until one time i got a very bad infection and had to have the pellets removed in surgery.

My endo prescribed me a testosterone pills 100mg and i took one daily until they stopped having an effect, i got hot flashes again. I also put on 10 lbs at almost one pound a day. The weight was in my stomach and possibly neck. I also had swelling aound my eyes. I started falling asleep in middle of day and getting very dizzy. My blood test while taking the pills showed a TT of 261 on 06JUN15 (range 348-1197)

I went in for pellets on 01JUL15 and received 11 pellets (100mg each). 4 days later i felt like crap and ended up with MRSA. I went through 3 rounds of antibiotics Keflex and Bactrim.

The endo sent me some water pills, Arimidex 1/4 tab E3D and HCG sub Q. which i ran out of after a week as the syringes were left in the sun.

CURRENT
I still feel tired and grouchy. I sweat like nothing i have ever experienced in my life. my face is still puffy although not as bad as it was. I have ringing in my ears and am heavier than i have been in years. + 11 lbs. Brain fog big time and others think i am depressed.
My endo just did a blood test and below are the results. the results were while taking the Arimidex and HCG:

TT:786 (Range 348-1197)
Estradiol: 10.6 (Range 7.6-42.6)
Prolactin: 5.8 (Range 4.0-15.2)
PSA 0.7 (Range 0.0-4.0)
LH: 0.2 (Range 1.7-8.6)
FSH: 0.4 (Range 1.5-12.4)
T3: 89 (range 71-180)
T4: 7.7 (Range 4.5-12.0)
Vit D, 25-Hydr 26.1 (Range 300-100)
Ferritin: 89 (Range 30-400)

The endo has suggested the following protocol and i would like to know what you guys think:
1) Vitamin D Take 2 tablets daily for one week then 1 tablet daily. Ok to take with or without food.
2) Hemeplex FE Take 1 tablet daily preferably with food
3) Testosterone 1 shot twice weekly (2 month supply)
4) HCG shots Please mix 10 cc or ml of water (included in HCG box) and mix with HCG then keep refrigerated. Draw 50 units (orange syringes) and inject 3 x week.

Vegetarian diet - near Vegan

Hard road bike rides up hills for 2-3 hours 2x per week
Intense gym exercises 2-3 times week weights/pull ups ect

No ache in testes

morning wood only when taking Arimidex/HGC

THANKS for any help

Your estradiol was too low. Low E2 can cause depression and brain fog. It may be even lower now that you don’t take HCG.

You may not need to take arimidex at all. Most guys only need arimidex if their testosterone dose is too high.

[quote]NavFed22 wrote:
Can someone help me? I am new to the forum and realize I am educating myself late in the game. I feel like crap…

49 year old male
6’1"
34" waist
191 lbs
Heavy facial & body hair
fat stored around waist -

HISTORY
I was diagnosed with low t about 2 years ago. i was having intense “hot flashes”, trouble sleeping and i had not seen a morning wood in years. I was given 10 100mg pellets and did very well on them. i went back to my endo several times until one time i got a very bad infection and had to have the pellets removed in surgery.

My endo prescribed me a testosterone pills 100mg and i took one daily until they stopped having an effect, i got hot flashes again. I also put on 10 lbs at almost one pound a day. The weight was in my stomach and possibly neck. I also had swelling aound my eyes. I started falling asleep in middle of day and getting very dizzy. My blood test while taking the pills showed a TT of 261 on 06JUN15 (range 348-1197)

I went in for pellets on 01JUL15 and received 11 pellets (100mg each). 4 days later i felt like crap and ended up with MRSA. I went through 3 rounds of antibiotics Keflex and Bactrim.

The endo sent me some water pills, Arimidex 1/4 tab E3D and HCG sub Q. which i ran out of after a week as the syringes were left in the sun.

CURRENT
I still feel tired and grouchy. I sweat like nothing i have ever experienced in my life. my face is still puffy although not as bad as it was. I have ringing in my ears and am heavier than i have been in years. + 11 lbs. Brain fog big time and others think i am depressed.
My endo just did a blood test and below are the results. the results were while taking the Arimidex and HCG:

TT:786 (Range 348-1197)
Estradiol: 10.6 (Range 7.6-42.6)
Prolactin: 5.8 (Range 4.0-15.2)
PSA 0.7 (Range 0.0-4.0)
LH: 0.2 (Range 1.7-8.6)
FSH: 0.4 (Range 1.5-12.4)
T3: 89 (range 71-180)
T4: 7.7 (Range 4.5-12.0)
Vit D, 25-Hydr 26.1 (Range 300-100)
Ferritin: 89 (Range 30-400)

The endo has suggested the following protocol and i would like to know what you guys think:

1. Vitamin D Take 2 tablets daily for one week then 1 tablet daily. Ok to take with or without food.
  2. Hemeplex FE Take 1 tablet daily preferably with food
  3. Testosterone 1 shot twice weekly (2 month supply)
  4. HCG shots Please mix 10 cc or ml of water (included in HCG box) and mix with HCG then keep refrigerated. Draw 50 units (orange syringes) and inject 3 x week.

Vegetarian diet - near Vegan

Hard road bike rides up hills for 2-3 hours 2x per week
Intense gym exercises 2-3 times week weights/pull ups ect

No ache in testes

morning wood only when taking Arimidex/HGC

THANKS for any help[/quote]

Hi there!

I feel for you bro you have some defiencys going on and one of them is already enough to make you feel shit.

Vegan diet is the likely reason for your D-vitamin defiency.
Same with ferritin, it’s common defiency with vegans.

Your history of falling a sleep and dizzyness suggests something else than hypogonadism, it’s most likely your ferritin/iron levels in the past.

Still have to ask if you mean you fell a sleep uncontrollably as in narcolepsy or just felt tired during days and just had to take a nap?
Out of curiosity, did you get vaccine against H1N1 ( swine flu ) couple years ago? *Yes i’m asking seriously hehe. :slight_smile:

How about as simple things as blood pressure have you measured lately?
Have they checked your heart function other than “it’s beating”?

Please specify what testosterone you’re taking in milligrams ( or cc ).
In my eyes your estradiol could be higher as it’s nearing the bottom range which will make you feel like shit.

All in all, i’d say it’s your levels of ( in no order ):

• D-vitamin
  • Ferritin
  • Estradiol

Don’t know enough to comment on thyroids.

I wouldn’t ever be too faithful with pellets and crap!–pills! I thought pills will kill your liver? The latter part you mention HCG plus T cyp injections should fix you right up and the vitamins can’t hurt. I felt like total crap until hcg was introduced into my body.

Oh and hard road bike rides on a vegan diet?!! Yikes that could be hurting you.

Regarding the vitamins, don’t expect too much from them.

Your ferritin isn’t even close to being insufficient, so iron level has nothing to do with your symptoms. Unless you have other test results showing anemia, I’m not sure why you were put on the iron supplement. Be aware that the iron supplement can give you GI problems while you are taking it (just in case you have been queasy or bloated and were wondering why).

It is controversial whether your vitamin D is deficient or not (the American Institute of Medicine study said anything over 20 should be sufficient), but it is almost certainly not low enough to give you symptoms of anything, so don’t expect much from the vitamin D.

[quote]seekonk wrote:
Regarding the vitamins, don’t expect too much from them.

Your ferritin isn’t even close to being insufficient, so iron level has nothing to do with your symptoms. Unless you have other test results showing anemia, I’m not sure why you were put on the iron supplement. Be aware that the iron supplement can give you GI problems while you are taking it (just in case you have been queasy or bloated and were wondering why).

It is controversial whether your vitamin D is deficient or not (the American Institute of Medicine study said anything over 20 should be sufficient), but it is almost certainly not low enough to give you symptoms of anything, so don’t expect much from the vitamin D. [/quote]

About the Ferritin. I will apologize as my previous statement about defiency is definitely not true. Even might be on the contrary too high.
On D vitamin i’m neutral as i believe in somewhat high doses of it anyway.

The ferritin levels where people feel good seems to be highly individual.
I have no idea why the referenge range goes up to 300.

However i want still to point out that ferritin level by itself seems to be very individual ( when we consider only ferritin at play ) that some people ( males ) example in running/endurance sports are performing well in range of 40 ng/ml where others experience levels of 90ish ng/ml too high and vice versa. There’s a lot of other factors at play though generally.

It’s good to note what seekonk wrote about the iron supplement as too high ferritin is very bad for you and the ref range for that to happen definitely isn’t even close to 300.

Apparently your doc wants to try higher reading for reasons unknown to us, and unless he explained it very clearly why, i would not take a single pill of the supplement until you ask him/her about it. You don’t want hemochromatosis etc.

Perhaps ask your doc to measure:
Iron
Transferrin saturation
ferritin

It’s your E2 causing your problems. 10 is too low, same symptoms as low T, maybe worse. Before I got on TRT my E2 was like 7, and TT was 280, FT was within normal range. I believe my low e2 was causing more of my symptoms than the low T, since my FT was within normal range. Low E2 causes erection problems, brain fog, sleepy spells, lack of energy, joint pain.