BB Preacher Curls:
4 sets x 10 reps x 60

Concentration Curls:
4 sets x 10 reps x 40

Cable Curls:
4 sets x 20 reps x 65

Treadmill:
20 minutes / 193 calories

If you have ever watched any of CT Fletcher’s videos on YouTube you know what the gauntlet is. I’ve been watching his stuff for a few weeks, and have wanted to give it a try. I all I have to say is “wow.” I was out of breath and my triceps were screaming at the end of it. My form was not even that good. I’ll for sure do it again.

My tris are sore just from reading!

6/16/17

First meet prep bench workout.

Bench:
135 x 10, 185 x 3, 225 x 1, 245 x 1

Shirt:
315 x 5
Two Boards:
365 x 3, 385 x 3, 425 x 2, 455 x1

DB Press:
4 sets x 10 reps x 85

Svend Press:
4 sets x 50 reps x 3 plates (10s)

Handstand Push-Ups:

I went back to a shirt I have used before. It’s already mostly broken in. I was able to pull down to a depth of about two boards. I purchased one of those board block things that goes on the bar. It is a one board block. Next week I’ll keep the same weight and concentrate on going further down. I may try a bigger set for the last one. I’m pretty pleased with the effort for being the first session, but I still have a long way to go.

455 x 1. Very serious stuff here.

My goal for the meet is 425.

Also I got my back worked on yesterday. The doctor said he used the be the team doctor for the Team USA Greco Roman wresting team. He stretched me out and worked my ass over. It hurt so bad, I had tears in my eyes. When he was done though, I felt great. I told him I didn’t think an ass kicking could feel so good. He suggested I see him again before my meet.

425 = great goal.

What kind of doc is this that worked you over? I need one !

He was a D.O. I know he is also an instructor at our local medical school. I’m guessing he has some sports medicine back ground, since he worked with the wresting team. I was reading that D.O’s have extra training in moving the body around.

Watch that back, especially now with your heavier lifts. I don’t mean “hold back”, just be a bit careful. When I was unbreakable at 29 I lifted with a pain in back of my leg for about 3 months. Finally went to doctor and I celebrated 30th birthday in hospital having back surgery. Recovered and resumed lifting after about 8 months.

Yep. He advised to stay away from anything that stresses the lower back for a few days. I’ll work in leg presses tomorrow and not squats. I will, however, try to get a couple zerchers in.

Best thing I’ve found to get rid of the “pain down back of leg” sort of back trouble is a LOT of walking.

Training in a shirt, to lift raw later?? Or am I missing something.
Strong either way; just curious.
Z

I train raw (until now) and compete geared. The reason is I compete in the WABDL, and until this year they did not have a raw division. In the past couple years I found I enjoy trying to figure out the gear and loading heavy weight.

6/17/17

Leg Press:
450 x 20, 450 x 20, 540 x 20, 540 x 20, 635 x 20, 635 x 20, 360 x 30

Leg Extensions:
10 sets x 10 reps x 190

Treadmill:
15 minutes / 163 calories

I came to my senses and decided to skip zerchers. I also went lighter than normal on leg presses, and did a lot more reps. It felt pretty good, as my legs were pretty fatigued. That made the treadmill a little more of challenge.

Sure thing. I see the 455 was a 2 board press; missed that first time reading it. Loading the big weight, working it down from 3, 2, 1 board ect… Hitting 425+ at your meet.

Get it now I do…
Maybe:)

I’m a fan of the high rep L.P. also. Feels great right !?!

6/18/17

CT Fletcher Triceps Gauntlet

EZ Bar Skull Crushers:
4 sets x 10 reps x 75

Cable Extensions:
4 sets x 15 reps x 105

Kickbacks:
4 sets x 15 reps x 40

Poundstone Curls:

BB Preacher Curls:
4 sets x 10 reps x 70

DB Curls:
4 sets x 10 reps x 50

Cable Curls:
4 sets x 20 reps x 65

Treadmill:
10 minutes / 107 calories

I think I like doing CT’s gauntlet at the start of triceps work. It really kicks your ass right off the bat. I really concentrated this time on having much better form. It really paid off, because my arms were screaming.

6/19/17

Kroc Rows:
4 sets x 12 reps x 145

DB Front Raises:
4 sets x 10 reps x 65

Seated Pulls:
4 sets x 10 reps x 270

OHP:
4 sets x 5 reps x 145

Treadmill:
12 minutes / 108 calories

40 rep seated pulls @ 270. Way to go.